br0k3n

Hail Mighty Satan

okay,...your repy makes no sence whatso ever,....where in the bible is "apple" mentioned,...the fruit that was eaten by Eve and the Adam,... was the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

where in the bible does it say that God is represented by organised religions,...or that to listen to God you have to listen to an organised religion.

I'm afraid that I have never come across those passages

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

where in the bible does it say that God is represented by organised religions,...or that to listen to God you have to listen to an organised religion.

That first shows up.. when the LEVITE Priests made sure only they could approach .. the " holy of holies"

Personally.... I think L. Ron Hubbard said it best.... REligion is the best scam going...... then he created his own church.

I see MOST of the Priests.. and pastors out there doing faily well.... and weekly they fleece their flock... usually to a tune of a 10% tithing to support the lifestyles they have become accustomed to.[:/]

It is however the grandest and most successful mass manipulation scheme ever invented.....

It sure is... a part of the still ongoing evolution. Some people who have figured out the scheme managed to rule over many less intelligent and lazier people who, to this day, just don't get their act together and start using their own brains.
Individualism is tiresome... and lazyness is a strong factor. This is why mass manipulation will always work, one way or the other...

The market of delusions will adapt, I wonder what it has in stock in a thousand years?

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

That first shows up.. when the LEVITE Priests made sure only they could approach .. the " holy of holies"

This does not say that mans behavior is condoned by the bible. I think that you will find a great many things in the bible that have been described as things not to do.

Christanity is about a personal relationship with God,...
it is not about listen to the church and all of its foolish rules

I am a greek midget

okay,...your repy makes no sence whatso ever,....where in the bible is "apple" mentioned,...the fruit that was eaten by Eve and the Adam,... was the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

So you are saying if we just get rid of all women, we would get rid of evil...you may be on to something :P

In most works of art that fruit is represented as an apple. I thought we weren't supposed to take the bible so literally?

Ask the pope.

so because "most artwork depicts it as an apple" it must be so???? Thats a compelling argument.

Why would I have to ask the pope,????
He would not be able to find it anybetter than you,...its not there.

I say again,....Cristianity is not about the church and its own beleifs,...it is a personal relationship with God

The Bible is the guide that you use, not what the church or so guy on tv says.

I am a greek midget

so because "most artwork depicts it as an apple" it must be so???? Thats a compelling argument.

Uhmm, no, but since it is a ficticious story, nobody really knows what the fruit looks like. The apple stepped up to the plate.

Why would I have to ask the pope,????

Isn't he God's representative on earth?

The Bible is the guide that you use, not what the church or so guy on tv says.

Which was my point from the beginning. If you want to use a book for your personal guidelines, more power to you. I mean there are tons that use Hubbard's writings as their "guide through life".

At the time that God made Adam and Eve,...there was no evil on earth. God instructed them not to eat the fruit. Had they obeyed there would have never been evil on earth, no need to be able to determine the difference between good and evil if they don't exist. Satan came in and deceived, convincing them that they should eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge. Till that time there was no evil. God had created a perfect place, Satan corupted it through deception,...and he still does today.

Logical fallacy.

According to you the snake's attempt at deceipt was evil in intent. Therefore evil did exist before Adam and Eve ate the apple. If they already had knowledge of good and evil they would have seen through the snakes treachery. So why did god forbid them to eat the apple?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So do you refute this interpration?

I'm not qualified to agree or disagree. This is one of those threads that I tend to follow out of interest without participating in. I just wanted to be sure that the one posing the question had some background (and no you do not need a degree, just interest and reading), before I took the time to watch the debate.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

questions, questions........more questions!

Jesus told us that God is Good, yet we know from Genesis that God knows Good and evil...
"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)

In the creation story, God created Adam in His Own Image - but Adam was not entirely in God's Image, because Adam did not yet know good and evil as God does????

Adam and Eve knew only Good???, because for God to force knowledge of evil upon them would have made it necessary that God do evil????

Adam and Eve also had "free will", the ability to choose what they would do on the earth. For God to have made them without free will God would have made them slaves to Himself????

Being Good, then, the only way for God to teach Adam and Eve evil was to allow them to use their free will, and to decide to learn evil on their own???

God placed the tree of knowledge in the garden, He made it a beautiful tree with appealing fruit, but God commanded Adam not to eat from it.

Adam ate from it anyway,
God knew this would happen, yet He set it up so that Adam and Eve would eat from the tree even so???

Was there only one reason for God to do this???
---Because God is Good, and to complete His creations it was necessary for Adam and Eve to learn Good and evil, and learn Compassion, Mercy, and Kindness at the same time????

God follows His own Law, God takes all responsibility for everything we do, however, because He created us, and the evil we do would not happen if He had not created us????

So as God set up the garden incident, Man did not fall - rather man did the Will of God????

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I have done, now refute it......... if you can

Since you seem to have educated yourself about the Bible, and find nothing in it that can be validated by secular history, please try to explain the continuity of a common thread that runs through the Old Testament and comes to a head in the New Testament.

Can a conspiracy theory really be perpetuated for centuries?

After all, if Moses was a myth, then so was Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Ishmael.

Why can't all of those middle eastern types just get along?

You can't pick and choose just because something about the message pisses you off.

he apple has been depicted bt man for some reason,...the bible never said apple it says "fruit from the tree of knowledge",...so it is not an apple it is a tree of knowledge fruit,...which I would guess does not exist anymore,..at least I know of nobody who has ever seen one.

Is the pope Gods rep. on earth,.....
NO,..... Christ was Gods rep. on earth,... the pope is a man just like you or I no better or worse.

I am a greek midget

which I would guess does not exist anymore

I would guess it never existed.

But, since you believe it did. And you believe evil started when a woman took a bite out of it, shouldn't you also believe that if we get rid of all the women in the world, we would get rid of evil? Maybe the tree of knowledge will start growing again?

Regardless of one's belief in the truth of the Bible, people would should remember it is literature. Literary (sp?) methods should be used. For instance when Christ declared he was the "bread of life" it is not that he is a loaf of Wonder Bread, but that he sustains life.

Satan wouldn't be a serpent or dragon in essence but in action.

steveOrino

the apple has been depicted by man for some reason,...the bible never said apple it says "fruit from the tree of knowledge",...so it is not an apple it is a tree of knowledge fruit,...which I would guess does not exist anymore,..at least I know of nobody who has ever seen one.

I still always do a double take when I see someone who literally believes the old testament genesis story. Seriously. I mean, general belief in god and stuff - I can understand it. I think its wrong, but I can understand it.

The literal story of creation in the OT though - come on people - its absolutely ludicrous! We know better than this now, we can trace evolution, planetary formation, star formation, we can take photos of the energy signature of the first moments of the entire frigging universe!

Are you going to throw all this knowledge away and instead follow the ramblings of some 2,500 year old tribesman that makes no more sense than Hesiod writing about Kronos chopping Ouranus' bollocks off?

What the hell are you guys smoking?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

That's a nice way to put it. :S

Why does it bother you so much we believe the Bible?

edited to add: I know it sure does bother satan. Why would satan want people to know Christ and the power of His resurrection...when Christ has to ability to heal wounded hearts and relationships, take away shame and pride, teach people how to truly love one another so they can better other people's lives?!?!?!

Why not for a moment, entertain the thought that there *might* actually be an enemy out there that hates your guts so much, and would like nothing other than to steal and kill anything he could in your life. He laughs everytime God is mocked and rejoices when people reject Christ and the Bible.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

;) ...exactly !

Satan will try and keep all from the truth and there are so many thoughts that might seem like logic when he takes you by the hand - I HATE SATAN !!

"Even with the intellect God has given me I can realize IF there was creator so divine he could speak the world into existence, I'm not going to fully comprehend him - SteveO"
If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

That's a nice way to put it. :S

Your opinion, but Jakee has a valid point......

And I guess that answers your question

Why does it bother you so much we believe the Bible?

Because, (actually it doesn't really bother me as much as it just make me feel sorry for you) you refuse to accept cold hard facts, years of document empirical evidence in favour of a old book, that was written years ago by authors unknown, depicted stories that cannot be proven and have no supporting evidence, and still to this day some 2000 years after the alleged life of Christ we’ve still no evidence, where is the holy grail, the ark of the covenant, Noahs ark, anything, anything at all. Let alone the fact that we also have no idea who wrote the 4 gospels that actually tell the story of Christ.

As for the gospels, well The Gospel of John is admitted by Christian scholars to be an unhistorical document. They acknowledge that it is not a life of Christ, but an interpretation of him; that it gives us an idealized and spiritualized picture of what Christ is supposed to have been, and that it is largely composed of the speculations of Greek philosophy. The Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, which are called the "Synoptic Gospels," on the one hand, and the Gospel of John, on the other, stand at opposite extremes of thought. So complete is the difference between the teaching of the first three Gospels and that of the fourth, that every critic admits that if Jesus taught as the Synoptics relate, he could not possibly have taught as John declares. Indeed, in the first three Gospels and in the fourth, we meet with two entirely different Christs. Did I say two? It should be three; for, according to Mark, Christ was a man; according to Matthew and Luke, he was a demigod; while John insists that he was God himself.

The concept is utterly utterly absurd.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Dawkins

You desperately cling to this myth because the shear concept that you will die one day and that will be it for eternity is simply too incomprehensible for you cope with. Where as for me I’m quite comfortable with this fact, and therefore there is no space for religion in me.

Also do you not find it somewhat "odd" that theChristian church is older than the oldest Christian writings. Christ did not produce the church. The church produced the story of Christ.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I guess the answer to all your questions is Faith.

Thats the foundation of all religious indoctrination.

I wonder if in 2k years time people will be having the same discussions about Ron L Hubbard, David Koresh or any of the other numerous religious cults around today.

You are not going to convince a christian that they may be wrong any more than you can convince a skydiver getting on the first load after leaving the bar at 6 am is a bad idea.

As long as they keep themselves to themselves ill tolerate them.

As an aside can anybody tell me the connection between :-

Northern Ireland, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Isreal, Lebanon, Pakistan, India, Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul, producing holy witness,
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!

--- William Shakespeare (1564?-1616?)
The Merchant of Venice (1596-1598) act 1, sc. 3, l. {99}

I'm no holy roller, but c'mon man, give us all a break.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.