EricTheRed

Mark Foley

Perhaps you should quit whining about your little "issues". Just a hunch, but I don't think anybody really cares about it but you.

Hey If I would have written that post that Billvon did to you about what you were going to say.... instead of him.. wanna bet the outcome???

some of THE RIGHT here love to do these snied underhanded very thinly veiled attacks and can get away with them. over and over...

BUT we sure do get PLENTY of whining from the right...CONSTANTLY... THE RIGHT certainly do not want to hear any differing opinions... just Like George the II

Perhaps you should quit whining about your little "issues". Just a hunch, but I don't think anybody really cares about it but you.

Hey If I would have written that post that Billvon did to you.... instead of him.. wanna bet the outcome???

some here love to do these snied attacks and can get away with them. over and over...

Please don't take this too personally but that seems to be a very strange perspective coming from you.

I don't disagree with you about the fairness sometimes but Billvon is the ultimate authority, right or wrong, you have to respect that if you are going to post on this site. I doubt there is anyone here who hasn't felt the way you do but that's just the way it is and you have to learn to deal with it.

Hey If I would have written that post that Billvon did to you about what you were going to say.... instead of him.. wanna bet the outcome???

I agree with you.

I didn't think it was appropriate for a moderator to predict deplorable statements of another member of this forum:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2461386#2461386
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I was talking about the obtuseness of the tactic in the forum - but neither disagreed nor agreed with the purpose, nor made reference to anything insulting to you, nor would I, I think you're pretty nice in the other forums. Contrast You regularly call out belittling names and insults and try to escalate away from discussion to just bickering.

So equity in your mind - if one guy steps on an ant, then it's fair that you fire off a nuclear bomb....

BV's put out a lot of warnings today (3 in SC that I've seen) I'm glad. It's been very discourteous. I know that many think that's the main fun of the site, but I don't.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

BUT we sure do get PLENTY of whining from the right...CONSTANTLY... THE RIGHT certainly do not want to hear any differing opinions... just Like George the II

I disagree. I see a good bunch of whining from left and right. Just from this thread.

"Gee.. when you dont have a religious holier than thou attitude....in everything you do.. it keeps the levels of hypocrisy down. "

"No, the party of less bible thumping and finger-pointing.... fewer witch hunts. Now, where's Ken Star?"

"And Foley is a member of the party of hypocrites"

My point being that both sides seem to whine quite a bit. Not just one side.

My point being that both sides seem to whine quite a bit. Not just one side.

But it Does appear that only the right can get their talking points directly from GOD..

Poor poor lefties.... who can they get to give them direction in life.

If rush says "yeah, slipping in your drool" I'll send a contribution to the 'save the Amazon fund"

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2455417#2455417

Gee do you think if I would have used this to describe YOU.. I would have been banned... Its a very personal attack... so there is no equity here.

IMO you are wrong. First I don't spend time dreaming up ajectives to describe you or those like thinking (although I do use sterio types more than I should) but, when speaking of someone drooling in this context it is purely a reference to being over zelous. Panting breathlessly could be used too but it doesn't paint the same picture.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm wondering...with all the speculation about who knew what when (and that seems murky at best...), and with the timing of the release (again, easily seen as a political move, even if it wasn't one)...

Could it have been possible that some folks who knew before now never said anything because they didn't want to be seen as gay-bashing? IOW, someone knows something but didn't say anything for fear of being seen as homophobic, anti-gay, et cetera?

Don't know if it happened, but it's a possibility, methinks...so much PC in the world that people don't speak out for fear of retribution (not that that is a reason to withhold info at all...).

I wonder.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Could it have been possible that some folks who knew before now never said anything because they didn't want to be seen as gay-bashing? IOW, someone knows something but didn't say anything for fear of being seen as homophobic, anti-gay, et cetera?

But he was one of the proponents of that same gay bashing... The Mayor of Spokane was ousted up here recently...
FOR YEARS and YEARS he was constantly rubber stamping ANYTHING that was Anti-Gay...
Come to find out.. OOOPS he was using his position as Mayor to get some hot young gay guys into bed with promises of city jobs...

So... does a lot of the gay bashing we see derive from those who are afraid they are themselves actually gay.. and need to PROVE to others around them that no they are not gay...by being fervently anti gay.

Karl Rove LIVES for gay issues so he can turn out his BASE with Anti-Gay propaganda.. for EVERY election he has ever helped with.

>Could it have been possible that some folks who knew before
>now never said anything because they didn't want to be seen as gay
>bashing?

It's possible, and indeed Newt Gingrich is floating that idea as a sort of trial balloon. From a recent interview:
---------
WALLACE: But during all those months they left Foley in the House Republican leadership. They left him as the head of the congressional caucus dealing with exploited children. No second thoughts about that?

GINGRICH: Well, you could have second thoughts about it, but I think had they overly aggressively reacted to the initial round, they would also have been accused of gay bashing. I mean, the original notes had no sexual innuendo and the parents did not want any action taken.

WALLACE: How would it have been gay bashing?

GINGRICH: Because it was a male-male relationship. And they had no -- there was no proof, there was nothing that I know of in that initial round that would have led you to say in a normal circumstance that this is a predatory person.
---------

I think the potential problem with that angle is that most people just don't care which sex the page was. They care very much that the page was underage.

It's possible, and indeed Newt Gingrich is floating that idea as a sort of trial balloon. From a recent interview:

Was Foley one of the Log Cabin Republicans that they trot out ever election cycle to show the world how inclusive the Republican Party really is??

>And in the course of doing so endagered children for a politcal gotcha.

Just wanted to get a take on this:

Given your concern over children, what would your take be on a politician who brings in young kids in from a local daycare center to attempt to shield himself from disturbing questions during a press conference?

With your propensity to take (use) things (statements) out of context I will wait for some clarification
Abraham Lincoln

>Many of the Republican Senators voted against removal of Clinton too.

Here's a (fairly ironic) quote from someone who supported his impeachment:

"It's vile. It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction." (Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach, 9/12/1998)

Woaw!!! Nice find :o

Maybe he meant that Clinton had great sexual deviation potential, but wasted it on girls.... fat ones too. Things that make ya go HHMMMMMM

> With your propensity to take (use) things (statements) out of context I will wait for some clarification . . .

Hmm. I could quote everything he's said for the past week and you'd claim I was taking him out of context or "twisting his words." So instead, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o946ObydUO8&eurl=

If that is who I think it is he is scum too and the tactic was dispicable. Has nothing to do with this thread. Foley is scum, he deserves what he gets. But trying to link the leadership and the Repubs in general is just a dispicable or worse if proof of his (Foleys) crimes were held on to for political timing.

Dems knew of the emails, papers in Florida knew of the emails early this year, the FBI knew of the emails and all decided that there was nothing to move forward with.

The IM's are a different story however. Who had them and when? Besides Foley being the scum those that had the IMs are just a bad.

by the way, did I say Foley was scum and (for kallend) a hypocrit and he deserves what he has coming him
Abraham Lincoln

If that is who I think it is he is scum too and the tactic was dispicable. Has nothing to do with this thread. Foley is scum, he deserves what he gets. But trying to link the leadership and the Repubs in general is just a dispicable or worse if proof of his (Foleys) crimes were held on to for political timing.

Dems knew of the emails, papers in Florida knew of the emails early this year, the FBI knew of the emails and all decided that there was nothing to move forward with.

The IM's are a different story however. Who had them and when? Besides Foley being the scum those that had the IMs are just a bad.

by the way, did I say Foley was scum and (for kallend) a hypocrit and he deserves what he has coming him

I fail to see how the Republicans are blameless but the Democrats knew all about the behavior of a Republican congessional leader. Your logic is, as usual, rather opaque.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I fail to see how the Republicans are blameless but the Democrats knew all about the behavior of a Republican congessional leader. Your logic is, as usual, rather opaque.

I did not say anything of the sort but you however, have the Repub party en total ear deep in this before anything but the drooling medias spin is out there.

Somebody has held on to the IMs for up to 3 years. Why would a Repub hang on to them? If they wanted to cover it up would you not destroy them?

Somebodies logic is flawed here but I don't think it is mine!!
Abraham Lincoln

I did not say anything of the sort but you however, have the Repub party en total ear deep in this before anything but the drooling medias spin is out there.

Somebody has held on to the IMs for up to 3 years. Why would a Repub hang on to them? If they wanted to cover it up would you not destroy them?

Somebodies logic is flawed here but I don't think it is mine!!

Actually, you bring up a good point here. Why would the Republicans keep such damaging emails for 3 years? I would think they would want to destroy them and not risk them getting out.

I find it interesting that the reporter found out about the emails and such in August and conveniently couldn't get around to publishing until 6 weeks before the election...

Speaking of hypocrisy... Studds actually had sex with the underage page, and was only censured... now the same people are calling for the heads of the Republican leadership??
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This whole thing stinks!! (before someone puts words in my mouth, Foley is scum (and a hypocrit) and deserves what is coming to him)

But this type of political, pre vote crap causes more problems than solutions. I believe it is more dangerous to this country than the crimes themselves.

The best law change we could have is make truth in advertising apply to political adds and overturn that decades old SC ruling that turned these scum bags loose to begin with.
Abraham Lincoln

This whole thing stinks!! (before someone puts words in my mouth, Foley is scum (and a hypocrit) and deserves what is coming to him)

But this type of political, pre vote crap causes more problems than solutions. I believe it is more dangerous to this country than the crimes themselves.

The best law change we could have is make truth in advertising apply to political adds and overturn that decades old SC ruling that turned these scum bags loose to begin with.

The sad thing is, the politicians are simply doing what has proven to work. Unfortunately in our Jerry Springer/WWE inspired world of politics, people do respond to negative advertising and the politicians are able to take cover in it because it distracts from discussing the real issues.