Richards

Art or animal abuse?

the large majority of the male rodeo animals are gelded anyway.

[sarcasm]

Really? Good thing they don't cut their balls off. Now that would be abuse.
:S

[/sarcasm]

:D:D:D

Not that it's done specifically for rodeo purposes, but actually makes the animal more placid while being handled. Safer for the people and safer for other animals.

Spaying / neutering your pets - compare / contrast.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Also how will they remove it...turpentine?

I was thinking of a rotary sander. Or, when they are done with him, just skin him and sell the ivory to recoup the cost of the "paint".

EEEOOOOW!! You have an evil mind. :D

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I'm more interested in the point of painting this elephant in the first place. According to that article, the artist was trying to make a point about 'the elephant in the room' syndrome i.e. the problem that everyone knows about but never address. Surely then putting an elephant in a room eau naturale would make the point just as well as tarting it up with an elaborate paintjob?

'

not really the Artistic "subject" is the proverbial "Pink Rhinoceros in the corner" the subject/thought/fact everyone is aware of but continues to ignore for whatever socialization reasoning....

the color is important as it abstracts the idea into the absurd... (vs a 'normal rhino" being simply out of place) it is also the concept referenced by Douglas Adams 'SEP' or "Somebody Else's Problem"

People only see what they want to/expect to see and can blithly ignore the most amazing things that dont fit their preconceptions...

as an artistic idea its very good.. but imo this execution was rather lame..

If you gave an elephant or a horse or a cow a candy sucker, then took it away to make it cry for a picture....

would that be abuse?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants