StreetScooby

Zarqawi death video

Then again, maybe there's nothing we can do about WWII without a time machine, and maybe one of the lessons of the 20th Century is we've learned better than to butcher civilians to further our political ends.

You're right, Kallend. However, how many civilians were saved by the death of him and three civilians?

US Troops were apparently 5 minutes away. And the house was under US surveillance. Why not at least attempt to take him alive?

Callous indifference to civilians never used to be the American way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Then again, maybe there's nothing we can do about WWII without a time machine, and maybe one of the lessons of the 20th Century is we've learned better than to butcher civilians to further our political ends.

You're right, Kallend. However, how many civilians were saved by the death of him and three civilians?

US Troops were apparently 5 minutes away. And the house was under US surveillance. Why not at least attempt to take him alive?

You question is valid, but I don't know enough to answer that.

Nice armchair quarterbacking, but don't you think the reasons not to take him alive might've been driven by forces a little more compelling than callousness towards civilians?

. . =(_8^(1)

Nice armchair quarterbacking, but don't you think the reasons not to take him alive might've been driven by forces a little more compelling than callousness towards civilians?

YOU a conspiracy theorist too? What ulterior motive do you suspect for wanting to silence him rather than have him talk?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What ulterior motive do you suspect for wanting to silence him rather than have him talk?

It's not necessarily a mere question of silencing the guy or not, the decision to bomb could've been made for tactical or other reasons which we don't know. But I'm almost sure being "callous" towards civilians (or not) didn't play into it. Our nation spends billions a year attempting to NOT be callous towards civilians in war.

Personally I'm glad to see he's dead rather than alive.

. . =(_8^(1)

The lesson: If you are a civilian, DO NOT hang around with TERRIOST. You may be caught in the crossfire.

Who ever these civilians were I think it is sad they were in Zowie's house. However they had to know better. IF you hang around with terriost, give them aid, or sympathy then you are an enemy of the USA. Bush said he would hunt them down and kill him (bring to justice) I find it surprising that most of you are upset these civilians are dead after the president of the USA said he was going to do it.

I just can not understand why anyone would want Zowie alive?

You know they could have taken Dylan alive, but instead the cops shot him dead outside a movie theater, his girl ratted him out. I guess when they say MOST WANTED ..DEAD or ALIVE it realy means dead.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

yea, a woman and a small child died in the house as well, women and small children seem to be being killed alot in Iraq by US forces at the moment.

Civilians were killed by the millions in WW2. I don't here anyone bitching about that. Maybe it's because GWB wsn't involved.

Me thinks maybe ww1&2 were justified wars. And wasn't there actual "Declaration of War"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I don't think Zarqawi could have been taken alive. I believe he would have fought to the death. Why take a chance he would kill a single US Soldier?

The same people who wanted us to take him alive are the same one's who would be whining right now about what an idiot Bush is if Zarqawi had escaped as a result.

The same people who wanted us to take him alive are the same one's who would be whining right now about what an idiot Bush is if Zarqawi had escaped as a result.

Are you insinuating that some people around here frame everything into a "Bush is bad" situation no matter what happens? :o:D

. . =(_8^(1)

And it still isn't.. It would have been callous indifference to the civilians he'd have killed had he gotten away if the U.S. had risked his escape. Fortunately the right decision was made.

Monday morning quarterbacks will bitch and whine about any decision and outcome. After incidents like Torra Bora and other close calls catching these assholes this was the right call.

Are you insinuating that some people around here frame everything into a "Bush is bad" situation no matter what happens? :o:D

Moi..? Never. :D

Zarqawi was found by a small number of the Delta Force. Their numbers were too small to try and take him without back-up and they were afraid they would lose him while they assembled more team members. The decision was made to call in the F-16's rather than risk Zarqawi's escape.

Zowie and his fellow RH-RIFWs would probably have used them as "human shields", they're very good at that, in addition to being the worst kind of spineless cowards. I don't mean to be callous, but sometimes innocents die in war. C'est la Guerre.

Also, Zowie narrowly evaded capture a couple of times before. The alliance was making sure he didn't slip away this time. More lives than a cat, that f***er.

Consider the demise of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. When they were finally cornered, the LA and TX state police (there was no FBI at the time) weren't taking any chances. They hosed the car that Bonnie and Clyde were in with mass machine-gun fire from BARs (Browning Automatic Rifles) loaded with armor-piercing rounds.

Bonnie Parker had no outstanding capital warrants against her at the time, she was only an accomplice.

Zowie deserves no sympathy or respect. He was nothing but a street thug who used his religion as a vehicle to justify his evil, as many others have done in history. His passing leaves the world no poorer; indeed, it is a much better place without him in it.

mh

edit for spelling
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

for what, counseling?

for what, counseling?

Ever heard of intelligence? Well the again, reading your posts...;)
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.