warpedskydiver

people are real assholes

Unfortunately ignorance of the law is rather widespread within any general populous. There are always accessibility issues and because of this governments the world over need to do more to actively educate people. But at the end of the day all the information is out there – people have a duty to educate themselves too.

Hope the cops are aware.

You'd hope so - they better get trained on more than just ticketing people's cars! And the decision to prosecute is taken by the CPS (Crown lawyers) who should certainly know what's what.

<< wonder how many UK citizens are aware of this? >>
Not many. I never knew. I guess that you only tend to find these things out if they happen to you.

Just goes to show what a really good debate this was. Hell, I now like the UK laws better than Westchester laws. It's almost enough to make me move back... :P Just kidding!!! ;) The weather sucks too much for me. And, come to think of it, after I left Edinburgh I received a nasty letter from their council regarding unpayed poll taxes (...which were paid by the company I worked for, but they didn't think so). There's probably a bench warrant out for my arrest. :$
We are all engines of karma

I'm still stuck on the point that your benelli holds only 8 rounds (although a great gun). I personally love my springfield armory XD. It holds 16 rounds and has become an extension of my hand. Man I love guns.

which XD do you have? I've been lusting after the new 45 for a little while now. want one BAD!!!!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

There's probably a bench warrant out for my arrest.

um... I hate to break it to you but all of the above rights also apply to people "effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large."

Go grab a rope Shropshire, we got us a hanging!

Don't worry, Poll Tax sucked so bad no one paid it – its been axed now and even its replacement, "Council Tax" is not long for the chopping board.

PS the weather here's been stonking hot and perfect blue skies for a week straight now, (I know, I know the very fact that I say that as if it's an achievement is the problem in itself).

Go grab a rope Shropshire, we got us a hanging!

LOL!!! :D:D

But, wait, I have guns :P:P

PS the weather here's been stonking hot and perfect blue skies for a week straight now, (I know, I know the very fact that I say that as if it's an achievement is the problem in itself).

Gee, here it's been overcast and cloudy for days now. Maybe it's a global warming thing. ;)

*** Scumbags obviously don't deserve to live:|

Agreed.

Why?

Because if thugs who commit crimes and intimidate people are allowed to live they might just breed and create more criminals.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Because if thugs who commit crimes and intimidate people are allowed to live they might just breed and create more criminals.

Their crime being.... trespass?

Better go start hunting down the guys on the BASE forum.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

XD subcompact 9mm. I love the way it handles and the ease of cleaning. I also read an article that the XD was put through extreme cold and heat and fired 10,000 rounds without a jam. The 45 will have some serious stopping power. I have had great luck with mine and I'm sure you'll appreciate yours if you get one. I'm off to the DZ.

In Reply To

What's your address? ;):P:):D:D

um... I hate to break it to you but all of the above rights also apply to people "effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large."

Posse Comitatus???? B|
That's almost enough to make me love England!
BTW - my wife _refuses_ to give up her passport.

I am sure that some of you are aware I am versed in the rules on the use of deadly force.

That is why those two were not shot, they did not do anything more than warranting an ass kicking.

If they had come towards me, or done something in a threatining manner, I may have discharged two rounds if I felt I was in danger.

Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

We used to have a guy in my old neighborhood a bit like that. From time to time
he would run out of his house, holding a gun in his hand and yell at college students
were cutting across his yard. He'd yell all kinds of threats about shooting anyone on
his property.

I think he's in some sort of institution now.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

We used to have a guy in my old neighborhood a bit like that. From time to time
he would run out of his house, holding a gun in his hand and yell at college students
were cutting across his yard. He'd yell all kinds of threats about shooting anyone on
his property.

I think he's in some sort of institution now.

sounds like he's found a good home then.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Most base jumpers who tresspass are merely being mischevious and would at worst run away if someone confronted them. When you stand on someones property doing damage and threatenning the person while refusing to leave and stating your intention to come back (presumably to carry out some harmfull action) you move from mere mischeif to thuggery. Thugs who beleive that they have the right to use intimidation/force to take what they want at the expense of others are by no means a species whos demise would be mourned.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Most base jumpers who tresspass are merely being mischevious and would at worst run away if someone confronted them. When you stand on someones property doing damage and threatenning the person while refusing to leave and stating your intention to come back (presumably to carry out some harmfull action) you move from mere mischeif to thuggery. Thugs who beleive that they have the right to use intimidation/force to take what they want at the expense of others are by no means a species whos demise would be mourned.

Richards

well spoken!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

When you stand on someones property doing damage and threatenning the person while refusing to leave and stating your intention to come back (presumably to carry out some harmfull action) you move from mere mischeif to thuggery. Thugs who beleive that they have the right to use intimidation/force to take what they want at the expense of others are by no means a species whos demise would be mourned.

So if you could overhaul the criminal justice system would making a verbal threat become a capital offence?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

When you stand on someones property doing damage and threatenning the person while refusing to leave and stating your intention to come back (presumably to carry out some harmfull action) you move from mere mischeif to thuggery. Thugs who beleive that they have the right to use intimidation/force to take what they want at the expense of others are by no means a species whos demise would be mourned.

So if you could overhaul the criminal justice system would making a verbal threat become a capital offence?

that's not what i took him as saying.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

No. I simply won't cry when someone who does that sort of thing does it to the wrong home-owner and ends up wearing a toe tag.

Richards