jakee

Fucked up kids and their useless parents

I fail to see any connection between your thread title and the article you quoted from.

It is a little harsh, but I think the gist is that it's really pretty messed up for a 12 y/o to be pregnant to begin with. She smokes a pack of cigarettes a day....what kind of parent would you guess she has?

Since she IS pregnant, what's her mother supposed to do? It would not help the situation to shame her publicly now. Being supportive of her child in a really tough situation is a good thing, I think.

linz

this is definately a case of genetics. I think this is very sad and will result in a large population of people like this due to the increased peroid of breeding they have.

Just think about this, she has maybe 10 kids by age 23 ok?

The children then go on to due just like dear old mom.

assuming she has five boys and five girls, and her children continue in the same pattern, this could result in a mere 50 years to be hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of people who are just like that. All starting with just her[:/]

My wife is English. She's explained there is a "sub-culture" in England that lives off the dole. The more kids you have, the more money you're paid by the state. These folks tend to start young at having kids, because the mothers encourage them to do so.

Kinda like the "entitlement establishment" in the States...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

this is definately a case of genetics. I think this is very sad and will result in a large population of people like this due to the increased peroid of breeding they have.

Genetics? How do you figure? I'd say the environment could much more reasonably be blamed for the choices this child has made. Everyone's bashing her mom's actions, not her DNA.

Besides, blaming genetics implies that it's not under the person's control...it's "in the genes" like big boobs or fat thighs.
It's real easy to not take responsiblility for your actions when you blame genetics.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.
- www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=385968&in_page_id=1774&in_a_source=

Although it still seems the law has the right idea about the whole affair. It makes me feel quite sad that what we have here is two children who lost all hopes of a childhood, and what makes it worse that its not an isolated incident.

The only reason this has been thrust into the spotlight is because she is now going to be the youngest, by giving birth a month sooner than the current younest mother who was 12 & 9months in 1997 according to the papers.

But hey, I guess it gives us Brits something more to complain about other than the weather.

what about women doing the "Jump for the cause" cancer jumps who also smoke? how brain dead are they !!!!!!

Considerating your registration date...

This thread is about useless parents NOT about jumpers who did the JFTC jump who smoked- nothing should take away from what was acheived.

Please start a new thread on your views of the JFTC jump and "smokers".

Liz

***A smoking mum isn't satan. I'm frankly a little tired of the "Ooh, she SMOKES! She must be horrible" line of thought.

Who is more fucked up?

Smoking while pregnant is about as irresponsible as a soon-to-be-mom can get. It's just outright ignorant - and this girl takes it a step further by defending it.

Who's more fucked up? For now, absolutely it is the parents. I work with wayward kids quite a bit (or did so up until recently). In at least 90% of the cases, I feel I already know the parents before I meet them. It is very little surprise to find that in most cases the parents are total trash.

Who will be more fucked up? Again, in most cases, without early and dramatic intervention on somebody's part, these kids will quickly catch up to their parents in the race to wear the crown of ignorance. Bank on it.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley