pop

Impeachment - It's Not Just for Blowjobs Anymore

This site claims Bush and gang can be impeached on teh count of the following 20 counts. I dont agree with all, but most are credible:

Articles of Impeachment

of

President George W. Bush

and

Vice President Richard B. Cheney,
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice,
Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. - - ARTICLE II, SECTION 4 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have committed violations and subversions of the Constitution of the United States of America in an attempt to carry out with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes and deprivations of the civil rights of the people of the United States and other nations, by assuming powers of an imperial executive unaccountable to law and usurping powers of the Congress, the Judiciary and those reserved to the people of the United States, by the following acts:

1) Seizing power to wage wars of aggression in defiance of the U.S. Constitution, the U.N. Charter and the rule of law; carrying out a massive assault on and occupation of Iraq, a country that was not threatening the United States, resulting in the death and maiming of over one hundred thousand Iraqis, and thousands of U.S. G.I.s.

2) Lying to the people of the U.S., to Congress, and to the U.N., providing false and deceptive rationales for war.

3) Authorizing, ordering and condoning direct attacks on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties were unavoidable.

4) Instituting a secret and illegal wiretapping and spying operation against the people of the United States through the National Security Agency.

5) Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently changing its government by force and assaulting Iraq in a war of aggression.

6) Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, kidnappings, secret and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of prisoners to obtain false statements concerning acts and intentions of governments and individuals and violating within the United States, and by authorizing U.S. forces and agents elsewhere, the rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

7) Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda about the conduct of foreign governments and individuals and acts by U.S. government personnel; manipulating the media and foreign governments with false information; concealing information vital to public discussion and informed judgment concerning acts, intentions and possession, or efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction in order to falsely create a climate of fear and destroy opposition to U.S. wars of aggression and first strike attacks.

8) Violations and subversions of the Charter of the United Nations and international law, both a part of the "Supreme Law of the land" under Article VI, paragraph 2, of the Constitution, in an attempt to commit with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes in wars and threats of aggression against Afghanistan, Iraq and others and usurping powers of the United Nations and the peoples of its nations by bribery, coercion and other corrupt acts and by rejecting treaties, committing treaty violations, and frustrating compliance with treaties in order to destroy any means by which international law and institutions can prevent, affect, or adjudicate the exercise of U.S. military and economic power against the international community.

9) Acting to strip United States citizens of their constitutional and human rights, ordering indefinite detention of citizens, without access to counsel, without charge, and without opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention, based solely on the discretionary designation by the Executive of a citizen as an "enemy combatant."

10) Ordering indefinite detention of non-citizens in the United States and elsewhere, and without charge, at the discretionary designation of the Attorney General or the Secretary of Defense.

11) Ordering and authorizing the Attorney General to override judicial orders of release of detainees under INS jurisdiction, even where the judicial officer after full hearing determines a detainee is wrongfully held by the government.

12) Authorizing secret military tribunals and summary execution of persons who are not citizens who are designated solely at the discretion of the Executive who acts as indicting official, prosecutor and as the only avenue of appellate relief.

13) Refusing to provide public disclosure of the identities and locations of persons who have been arrested, detained and imprisoned by the U.S. government in the United States, including in response to Congressional inquiry.

14) Use of secret arrests of persons within the United States and elsewhere and denial of the right to public trials.

15) Authorizing the monitoring of confidential attorney-client privileged communications by the government, even in the absence of a court order and even where an incarcerated person has not been charged with a crime.

16) Ordering and authorizing the seizure of assets of persons in the United States, prior to hearing or trial, for lawful or innocent association with any entity that at the discretionary designation of the Executive has been deemed "terrorist."

17) Engaging in criminal neglect in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, depriving thousands of people in Louisiana, Mississippi and other Gulf States of urgently needed support, causing mass suffering and unnecessary loss of life.

18) Institutionalization of racial and religious profiling and authorization of domestic spying by federal law enforcement on persons based on their engagement in noncriminal religious and political activity.

19) Refusal to provide information and records necessary and appropriate for the constitutional right of legislative oversight of executive functions.

20) Rejecting treaties protective of peace and human rights and abrogation of the obligations of the United States under, and withdrawal from, international treaties and obligations without consent of the legislative branch, and including termination of the ABM treaty between the United States and Russia, and rescission of the authorizing signature from the Treaty of Rome which served as the basis for the International Criminal Court.

7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I hope the democrats in Congress try with all their might to impeach Bush.

It will guarantee a republican victory in the next elections.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>I hope the democrats in Congress try with all their might to impeach Bush.

At this point, with 47% of the people in the US strongly disapproving of the president, I don't think that's true.

But it is a bad idea anyway. Censure him and move on.

What would happen (just hypothetically) if the international courts decided the President of the United States should be brought up on charges of war crimes?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What would happen (just hypothetically) if the international courts decided the President of the United States should be brought up on charges of war crimes?

I can't remember where, But years age I've read a report on the contigency plans about these situations. This is a common topic when the Prez visits foreign countries. He or She may be declared under arrest. I think some author wrote a book about this contingency too.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I have no idea what would really happen but I've been having some happy daydreams since you mentioned it.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Then they can kiss our ass.

They do not supercede our national soverignty.

And I hope you are not in favor of allowing America to be run by foreign interests...

Given that Bush decided to pull out of the treaty that would (did?) establish an international criminal court, he'd probably just laugh it off and say "You will respect my authoritay!" :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

And I hope you are not in favor of allowing America to be run by foreign interests...

Milosevic or Hussein on the other hand... by all means! :S:D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Then the POTUS would say,
"You know what you should do? you should sanction me. Sanction me with your army....Oh! Wait a minute! You don't have an army! Guess that means you need to shut the fuck up! That's what I'd do if I didn't have an army, I would shut the fuck up! SHUT...THE FUCK....UP! BYATCH!!!"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Should Iran take the same approach with the UN telling them to stop enriching uranium?

Blues,
Dave

We will do what we have to in order to make sure they dont get nuclear weapons. Screw their Soverignty. They would be an even bigger threat. (For those of you who dont know; Iran has been the biggest supporter of terrorism.. Yes bigger than afganistan.

Irrespective of the validity (or lack thereof) of that website... fixed your title.

Jeez! Here you go ...again, with this. Dude, I just do not understand what you have against a man getting a blowjob. Makes you wonder ...
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

It worked last time when a president was impeached - the same party maintained office. (NOT)

Or are you saying that whenever a pres is impeached, the Repubs win next?

Guarantee and politics are not to be used in teh same context.

Look at Agnew/Nixon, Agnew resigned due to tax evasion charges, then Watergate broke out and then a few months later the genious voters reelected Nixon in the heat of Watergate. Go figure.... no guarantees.....

When you say the democratic Congress, more specifically the Democratic House..... if they get majority I see then initiating that.

I think the Repubs have already seen to that via exportation of jobs and a shrinking dollar.

Given that Bush decided to pull out of the treaty that would (did?) establish an international criminal court, he'd probably just laugh it off and say "You will respect my authoritay!" :S:D

Blues,
Dave

No, he would hold up his boy scout badge and say, "Diplomatic Immunity," just as the South African bad guy did in Lethal Weapon.

We will do what we have to in order to make sure they dont get nuclear weapons. Screw their Soverignty. They would be an even bigger threat. (For those of you who dont know; Iran has been the biggest supporter of terrorism.. Yes bigger than afganistan.

We just refuse to play by the same rules? We get sovereignty but nobody else deserves it? It seems to me that if we expect the global community to enforce our will on others, we should be willing to accept the consequences when that will is reversed. You know, the whole "cake and eat it too" thing.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Irrespective of the validity (or lack thereof) of that website... fixed your title.

Jeez! Here you go ...again, with this. Dude, I just do not understand what you have against a man getting a blowjob. Makes you wonder ...

Maybe because, contrary to the liberal left's belief, it really wasn't about the blowjob, it was about the perjury?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I have the feeling that many (including some on the left) would thumb their nose at it. The Hague couldn't even try Milosivic before he died.:S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!