steveorino

Lee Harvey Oswald did it ALONE

He acted alone. I have zero reasonable doubt that he did.

1) He was in the Depository;
2) He had the rifle; and
3) It was a fairly easy shot.

Nobody wants to believe that some cracker like him can kill a president because he wanted to. How could a guy like that do it alone? Pretty easily, I am afraid.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

but I hardly call his three shots "easy".

Agreed. Moving target, head shot.

I watched "Full Metal Jacket" the other night and the DI points out the particulars to the class on the rifle range. My DI did the same when I went thru years and years ago. If he did act alone he did in fact show skill.

There is absolutely no way oswald pulled this off by himself. I seriously doubt he was even involved. He was in fact in the cafeteria eating his sandwich when the shots were fired.

I've hunted all of my life, in my observation(s) of the Zapruder film, the "Fatal Shot" as it were came from the front of JFK, not the back. The first shot that was fired IMO was from the rear and struck him in the basal skull area which is why he appeared as if he were choking before the front shot which layed his skull open and blew his brain matter on the trunk of the car.

The mob had JFK taken out, with the help of LBJ. Old man Joe Kennedy had made a visit to the white house to warn his two sons of inpending danger a couple of years prior to this incident and told them both to "Lay Off" trying to shut the mafiaoso.

They chose not to.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but I hardly call his three shots "easy".

Agreed. Moving target, head shot.

Well, let's examine the "moving target." First, the target was not moving laterally - the target was moving away, meaning that the target remains centered in the site. The first shot missed - it was deflected by the tree.

The second shot, however hit the target. If he was aiming from up high on the moving target (also moving at motorcade speed) and aimed at the head, the forward movement would drop the round a few inches, roughly the neck region. Which is what happened. Not a head wound like he was aiming, but a neck wound, which also went through Connaly. Not too hard to imagine an average Marine shooter with an average rifle with a zeroed Unertl scope making that hit from 50 yards, is it?

By the third shot, the limo had slowed almost to a stop, with a very slow forward speed. Head wound.

Operating a bolt and firing twice in 8 seconds ain't that hard, is it? Remember, 8 seconds ticks off from the first shot, so bolt, aim and sqeeze in 4 seconds.

It's not that hard.

The first shot that was fired IMO was from the rear and struck him in the basal skull area which is why he appeared as if he were choking

The first shot passed through his neck, and the shock caused neurological damage at the C-6 level. Kennedy's reflex to this made him go into Thorburn's position. Assuming no neurological damage, then he entered into a reasonable position for a person who had a bullet cut a hole in his throat.

the front shot which layed his skull open and blew his brain matter on the trunk of the car.

Actually, it blew a bunch of his brain matter onto the windshield of the policeman riding to his right, meaning that the blast of tissue really could not have blown backwards and allowed the cop to ride through it. This would mean a woulnd from the rear to the front...

I'm not saying he didn't do it -- however, I am saying it wasn't an "easy" shot, especially for him. He barely qualified as sharpshooter.

Well, if the Marines back then were anything like the Army now, a Sharpshooter is like getting a grade of B. It makes him average or aove average for a Marine, and it seems to me that the average Marine is a much better shooter than Joe Blow public.

It would likely be a more difficult shot with iron sights. But considering that a large portion of military shooters can reliably hit a human-sized target from 300 yards using iron sights, is it a stretch to suggest that hitting a target from 50 yards using a 4 x 18 scope would be difficult?

Try to get a 2 out of 3 in 8 seconds using that on a target moving at a maximum of 10 mph, and as slow as 2 or 3 for the final shot.

Easy? Probably not "easy." Doable? Definitely.

While I see your point, I disagree... it's been tried over and over again by well-qualified riflemen and couldn't be duplicated.

From a rebuttal to Russo's "Live by the Sword"

In addition, the most renowned sniper of the 20th Century, Carlos Hathcock, likewise said Oswald's supposed shooting feat would have been very difficult, and Hathcock added he didn't believe that only one man shot Kennedy. The Army sniper with whom I spoke said his instructors invited the students in his sniping class to try to duplicate Oswald's supposed shooting feat, and that not one of them could do it. Former Marine sniper Craig Roberts is another sniping expert who says Oswald's alleged shooting feat would have been very difficult and that no one man could have done the shooting. If Oswald's alleged shooting feat would have been so easy, why hasn't anyone ever scored two hits in three shots against a moving target from a 60-foot elevation using a Carcano rifle in 6-8 seconds on the first attempt? It should be remembered that Oswald would have had only one attempt, that he had no chance to fire "practice rounds" that day, and that he was widely regarded as a rather poor shot by those who saw him shoot.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oswald's supposed shooting feat would have been very difficult, and Hathcock added he didn't believe that only one man shot Kennedy. The Army sniper with whom I spoke said his instructors invited the students in his sniping class to try to duplicate Oswald's supposed shooting feat, and that not one of them could do it. Former Marine sniper Craig Roberts is another sniping expert who says Oswald's alleged shooting feat would have been very difficult and that no one man could have done the shooting. If Oswald's alleged shooting feat would have been so easy, why hasn't anyone ever scored two hits in three shots against a moving target from a 60-foot elevation using a Carcano rifle in 6-8 seconds on the first attempt?

I highlighted relevant portions. The simple fact is, when given 8 seconds to fire two shots, it hasn't proven too difficult. Earlier versions of Oswalds alleged shooting feat had th FBI testing shooters to do it in 4.5 seconds (warren commission said 5.6 seconds). Sure, 2.5-3.5 seconds ain't much, but it's a lot when it comes to aiming and shooting.

Some shooters were able to achieve 2 out of 3 in less than 5.5 seconds on a moving target for the House Select Committee in the 70's. Once the "alleged" feat becomes more reasonable, then it isn't too difficult. 3 shots in 4 seconds? Not too reasonable. I'd like to try putting some shooters together with a bolt action rifle - any bolt action rifle, that they've zeroed and see of they could do it.

As an aside, I found this recreation of what Oswald's sight picture would have been. http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/images/SOH_1061.jpg

I also found this photograph (kinda grisly) depicting Kennedy's head just after the shot that depicts the back of his head caved in a bit and flesh hanging over his face, indicating a wound from the back to the front.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/images/backofhead.jpg

to belive that one man alone can shoot 3 shots and kill the president of the USA just doesn't add up

And let's quote from my first post in the thread:

"Nobody wants to believe that some cracker like him can kill a president because he wanted to."

Therein lies the reasons for other theories. It just doesn't seem right. The problem is, it was done.

I know, I know, Horse goes, neigh, neigh, WHACK! WHACK!

Despite that. What do you think?

I don't think he did this alone. Why are CIA and FBI files regarding this still under lock and key? At least that what I've heard. I can't even believe Arlen Spector is still in Politics! What a country.

While I see your point, I disagree... it's been tried over and over again by well-qualified riflemen and couldn't be duplicated.

From a rebuttal to Russo's "Live by the Sword"

In addition, the most renowned sniper of the 20th Century, Carlos Hathcock, likewise said Oswald's supposed shooting feat would have been very difficult, and Hathcock added he didn't believe that only one man shot Kennedy. The Army sniper with whom I spoke said his instructors invited the students in his sniping class to try to duplicate Oswald's supposed shooting feat, and that not one of them could do it. Former Marine sniper Craig Roberts is another sniping expert who says Oswald's alleged shooting feat would have been very difficult and that no one man could have done the shooting. If Oswald's alleged shooting feat would have been so easy, why hasn't anyone ever scored two hits in three shots against a moving target from a 60-foot elevation using a Carcano rifle in 6-8 seconds on the first attempt? It should be remembered that Oswald would have had only one attempt, that he had no chance to fire "practice rounds" that day, and that he was widely regarded as a rather poor shot by those who saw him shoot.

On prequalification day at the USMC Perris Island rifle range (boot camp) I scored 248 out of a possible 250. Range record best was 238. Each bullseye was 2 points. Just outside the bullseye but within the silhouette is 1 point. Shots were taken in the sitting, kneeling, offhand, and prone from 200 and 300 yards as well as the prone from 500 yards. I only missed 2 bullseyes. Qual day i scored a 236. Point is.... some days we got it, some days we dont.
www.FourWheelerHB.com