Second 9/11 thwarted

let's see...clinton broke the law and bush hasn't? that would be my first guess.

Lying about getting a blow job in no way put a country at risk. I cant say the same for Bush

you asked why clinton got impeached and bush hasn't. i gave the answer. the other stuff has nothing to do with the law. i'm sure you could argue all day, from your point of view, about how bush has done more harm to the U.S. than clinton but, that is a moot argument in regard to your question.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

let's see...clinton broke the law and bush hasn't? that would be my first guess.

Lying about getting a blow job in no way put a country at risk. I cant say the same for Bush

you asked why clinton got impeached and bush hasn't. i gave the answer. the other stuff has nothing to do with the law. i'm sure you could argue all day, from your point of view, about how bush has done more harm to the U.S. than clinton but, that is a moot argument in regard to your question.

Law is law...you are right...I am just amazed at the circus created by a lie that never would have hurt the country ..

And now I look at Bush...and it blows me away that he is sitll managing to be in the office. I always wondered how we eleceted a man to run a country that managed to fail just about every business he ran....

On the other hand, I did like his statements he made about minimizing our dependency on middle east for energy. I still want to see taht backed up with action.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

minimizing our dependency on middle east for energy

I couldn't help but notice the latest violence from the Muslim world today. And this time it's Muslims killing Muslims because a certain group of Muslims is different from the other and they don't like each other. WTF I say? The sooner the western world no longer has a dependence on these people (who are obviously pretty messed up and have little value for life), the better off we're all going to be.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

On the other hand, I did like his statements he made about minimizing our dependency on middle east for energy. I still want to see taht backed up with action.

Hot off the press:

Budget Shortfall Forces Renewable Energy Laboratory to Lay Off 32 Staff

Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Golden, Colo. — The U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) reduced its staff by 32 people today to help meet a $28 million budget shortfall.

Twenty-seven are regular staff, and five are temporary employees. Of the 32, eight were research staff and 24 worked in support positions.

Congressionally directed projects, or earmarks, reduced the budget available to the Department of Energy for funding renewable energy and energy efficiency research at the Laboratory, leaving $28 million less in operating funds for NREL for fiscal year 2006. The Laboratory made substantial cuts in other areas, including travel, outside contracts and other operating expenses, before reducing staff.

Regular staff affected by the layoffs will remain on payroll through Feb. 10 and will receive severance pay and job search help.

Research programs affected by the layoffs include biomass, hydrogen and basic research.

NREL Director Dan Arvizu, in a message to staff, said, "I appreciate how you have all responded to the challenges placed before us. NREL should now focus on the new opportunities and challenges that lie ahead."

NREL is the U.S. Department of Energy's primary national laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development. NREL is operated for DOE by Midwest Research Institute and Battelle.

For further information contact NREL Public Affairs at (303) 275-4090.

NR-0306

I couldn't help but notice the latest violence from the Muslim world today. And this time it's Muslims killing Muslims because a certain group of Muslims is different from the other and they don't like each other. WTF I say? The sooner the western world no longer has a dependence on these people (who are obviously pretty messed up and have little value for life), the better off we're all going to be.

Between 1966 and 1999 a total of 3,636 people were killed and 36,000 injured as the [Northern Ireland] conflict spread beyond Northern Ireland's borders onto the British mainland and elsewhere.

The period known as "The Troubles" is merely one link in a long chain of religious bitterness and conflict stretching back across centuries of Irish history.

Since the reign of Henry VIII (1509-49), when Catholic Ireland was brought under the rule of Protestant England, tension has existed between the two faiths.
(Source:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/n.ireland/overview.html
)

Good thing it isn't Christians killing Christians because a certain group of Muslims Christians is different from the other and they don't like each other.

you mean the president of the US says one thing but does another....

I am just so shocked....

Imagine my surprise as well. Thing is, it was a flat out lie, just like at least half of what any other politician says. This one just never made national news - I mean really, its only a few people and all.[:/] The only reason I know is because I work nearby. This didn't even make the local news! (I do listen to Fox News on the radio in the am - go figure).

edit: this is off thread topic, but still telling. maybe this should be its own thread.

And now I look at Bush...and it blows me away that he is sitll managing to be in the office. I always wondered how we eleceted a man to run a country that managed to fail just about every business he ran....

Ya know, I used to think that as well but then I thought about who would step into his place. That option,IMO, is worse.

I keep telling myself, 3 more years..
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Ya know, I used to think that as well but then I thought about who would step into his place. That option,IMO, is worse.

I keep telling myself, 3 more years..

I hear ya!!!

Why do we only learn about this stuff now, 4 years after it was thwarted?

Because, to reveal it too soon, could let the enemy know that we're onto what they're doing, and then they'll change tactics so that we can no longer moniter them for more intelligence.

There's a story from WWII England like this. The Brits were employing the then new and top secret radar to get advance warning of German air raids. They could use this to send up fighters to intercept the German bombers. Early in that game, the Brits detected bombers heading for one of their cities. Churchill ordered the fighters to stay on the ground and let the bombers through. He did that, because if he had sent up the interceptors, the Germans would have known that the British now had operational radar. And that would have weakened Britain's future ability to use it effectively for greater good. So Churchill watched the city burn, to preserve the secret for another time, where it could save more lives.

I suspect that there are a lot of hidden stories in our government about the war on terrorism, that they don't reveal because they don't want to compromise intelligence secrets. Much like Churchill and the above story.

There's a story from WWII England like this. The Brits were employing the then new and top secret radar to get advance warning of German air raids. They could use this to send up fighters to intercept the German bombers. Early in that game, the Brits detected bombers heading for one of their cities. Churchill ordered the fighters to stay on the ground and let the bombers through. He did that, because if he had sent up the interceptors, the Germans would have known that the British now had operational radar. And that would have weakened Britain's future ability to use it effectively for greater good. So Churchill watched the city burn, to preserve the secret for another time, where it could save more lives.

Are you saying Bush let the 9/11 happen not to give away spy secrets, but then used the information to twart a second attack? Cause that would be the same comparison.

Are you saying Bush let the 9/11 happen not to give away spy secrets, but then used the information to twart a second attack? Cause that would be the same comparison.

I think you are missing the point. I think John is saying that sometimes you have to wait before releasing certain info...

How have you been...and how is your kid?

The American Civil War, WWI and WWII involved huge numbers of Christians killing each other (and Jews too). What is UP with these people who have so little value for life?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why do we only learn about this stuff now, 4 years after it was thwarted?

Because, to reveal it too soon, could let the enemy know that we're onto what they're doing, and then they'll change tactics so that we can no longer moniter them for more intelligence.

I suspect that there are a lot of hidden stories in our government about the war on terrorism, that they don't reveal because they don't want to compromise intelligence secrets. Much like Churchill and the above story.

More or less true. The city was Coventry, and the secret weapon wasn't radar but an ability to detect the German radio navigation aid "X-Geraet" and send signals to spoof it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just reportingt that in 2002 another one was stopped on the US West Coast. More details coming in Bush's speech today!

Perhaps he'll also tell us about Iraq's WMDs, the small size of the deficit and how it's only short-term, how the US doesn't torture anyone, how Social Security is his HIGHEST priority, and how the US doesn't do ANY wiretapping without a warrant, and other similar stories of his from the past.

Compared to what other countries do, we are not as bad as you think. If it is so bad, why not move out of this country?

Not only is that not relevant to our behavior, it completely misses the point. The point is that believing a Bush speech about any issue at all when his record as a truthteller is abysmal has to be considered the act of a knave or a fool.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a dozen times - no way in Hell!

You are funny:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The point is that believing a Bush speech about any issue at all when his record as a truthteller is abysmal has to be considered the act of a knave or a fool.

I couldnt agree with you any more on that. It always amazed me how Clinton got almost impeached over a lie that would have never hurt the country in any shape or form. And yet we have this monkey running a goverment that doesnt necessarily tell the truth all the time, and yet he is still running it. How does that work?!?!?

Correction, He did get impeached, and he commited a felony while trying to obstruct justice related to a sexual harasment suit filed against him.........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ON CBS today they showed the LA times article that ran the story 2 years ago.

Even after the LA mayor said today was the first he heard of it, the time had it in black and white.

CBS news is running several realted stories on the vening news right now, some they say they are "revising", suggesting they have been reported before?

Maybe we missed them, focusing on re-elections, scandals and the Wars being fought over seas.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I think you are missing the point. I think John is saying that sometimes you have to wait before releasing certain info...

He is saying that, butthe comparison he gave had nothing in common. The comparison included taking heavy losses to protect something in the future.

In this case something was stopped, but then nobody was told it was stopped. I am pretty sure the organizers figured out that no plain flew into a building in LA. :P

I know what he was trying to say, his example was a little off though....

Kid is good, there is a second one now. Boy and a girl.