rhino

USS Cole Bombing Mastermind Escapes Prison

nice... just fucking great.. No we are catching masterminds and letting them go.. really fucking imcompetent. Too bad they weren't staying in a US prison..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183838,00.html

Right, no-one ever escaped from a US prison.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

nice... just fucking great.. No we are catching masterminds and letting them go.. really fucking imcompetent. Too bad they weren't staying in a US prison..

Aaaand, thank you very much to every fucking idiot who says, "Oh, we don't have to EXECUTE murderers; we'll just keep society safe from them by keeping them in prison!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY MANY OF US DON'T [I]TRUST[/I] OUR SAFETY TO PRISONS. I WANT MURDERERS [I]EXECUTED![/I] NO ONE "ESCAPES" DEATH.

>:(

So, I ask the anti-death penalty people: NOW when we find this shitwad again, can we fuckin' kill him?! :S

-
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Right, no-one ever escaped from a US prison.

I sure as shit never said that no one ever escaped from a U.S. prison... The fact that people do escape (usually the worst offenders) is a large part of the reason why I believe the worst offenders (the murderers) should be executed.

And still we have idiots opposing this because they think that it's "barbaric" or "state-sponsored murder" or that "we have to refuse to stoop to their level."

Well, if we don't, they escape to do more mayhem and murder.

-
-Jeffrey

Aaaand, thank you very much to every fucking idiot who says, "Oh, we don't have to EXECUTE murderers; we'll just keep society safe from them by keeping them in prison!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY MANY OF US DON'T [I]TRUST[/I] OUR SAFETY TO PRISONS. I WANT MURDERERS [I]EXECUTED![/I] NO ONE "ESCAPES" DEATH.

>:(

So, I ask the anti-death penalty people: NOW when we find this shitwad again, can we fuckin' kill him?! :S

-
-

PJ. why don't you just change your user name into "SteamfulJeffrey"? That would spare you a lot of efforts to write in CAPITAL LETTERS :o

Holy Moses, it hurts to read your posts :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I hope he was implanted with a radio isotope tracking device or GPS unit....see where he goes and then use the signal once he has met with his consirators and BOOM! use a MOAB!

and you anti death penalty people can just get a suntan from the heatwave.

I am not in favor of the death penalty in all cases, but if this guy wasnt the poster child for weapon testing who is?

Interpol said in a statement that at least 13 of the 23 escapees were convicted Al Qaeda fighters who escaped via a 140-yard-long tunnel "dug by the prisoners and co-conspirators outside."

Yemeni officials confirmed to Interpol that a man considered a mastermind of the Cole attack, identified as Jamal al-Badawi, was among those who escaped.

Al-Badawi was among those sentenced to death in September 2004 for plotting the USS Cole attack. Two homicide bombers blew up an explosives-laden boat next to the destroyer as it refueled in the Yemeni port of Aden on Oct. 12, 2000.

Another of the 23 escapees was identified as Fawaz Yahya al-Rabeiee, considered by Interpol to be one of those responsible for a 2002 attack on the French tanker Limburg off Yemen's coast. That attack killed a Bulgarian crew member and spilled 90,000 barrels of oil into the Gulf of Aden.

So, he was sentenced to death, after all. Okay, so we can thank the endless bullshit appeals that condemned prisoners get. A year and a half and he was still sitting on death row? I'd like an explanation of why that was.

Of course, the rest of the story is the rest of the scumbag shitwads who escaped with him -- and who it was who helped them from the outside.

Hey, this one has something in it for everybody: even the tree-hugger bleedin'-hearts can be pissed off, since one of these guys caused a big oil spill.

They won't kill for lives lost, but they'll do it for the spotted owls, medical-test monkeys and the baby seals. C'mon, where are the PETA eco-terrorists now? Would they refuse to kill an animal killer/environment polluter just because they're afraid to insult muslims too?

-
-Jeffrey

The latest is that it is believed that they tunneled out into the female side of a mosque, and did that tunneling with help. Whose help they are not sure, but they suspect either prison guards or intelligence officers.

The 14 who have escaped are a perfect "cell", knowing each other, bonded by their escape, and all AQ. It's going to be interesting how this plays out.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Al-Badawi was among those sentenced to death in September 2004 for plotting the USS Cole attack. Two homicide bombers blew up an explosives-laden boat next to the destroyer as it refueled in the Yemeni port of Aden on Oct. 12, 2000.

It's a prison in Yemen. We have no right to say how they should treat their prisoners. If they want to hang them up by piano wire so be it. We told Mexico to f-off when we executed a Mexican citizen last year. The real question should be why werent they extradited to the US.

Ca surf, I think (but not sure) that extradition can occur only after a sentence has been served. In other words, if a country has caught and convicted someone who is wanted in another country, once the convicted has served his sentence, he can only then be sent off to the other country. In this case, if the sentence was death, there is no "after" to get extradicted for.

Not sure, though...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

It's a prison in Yemen. We have no right to say how they should treat their prisoners. If they want to hang them up by piano wire so be it. We told Mexico to f-off when we executed a Mexican citizen last year. The real question should be why werent they extradited to the US.

Because the crime was committed in Yemeni waters. If a guy kills a couple snowbirds in Florida, should he be extradited to New York (or wherever they were from) to stand trial for it?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Be serious, this has nothing to do with vacationers. They committed an act of terrorism/war against a U.S. warship, of course the U.S. has jurisdiction. The U.S. has no extradition treaty with Yemen.

The US can't easily go snatching people from foreign custody.

Be serious, this has nothing to do with vacationers. They committed an act of terrorism/war against a U.S. warship, of course the U.S. has jurisdiction. The U.S. has no extradition treaty with Yemen.

I am being serious. They committed a *crime* in Yemeni territory. It's up to Yemen to prosecute and punish them for that crime. Being the victim of that crime doesn't give us the "right" to trump the Yemeni government.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You only think you were being serious. A U.S. flagged ship is sovereign (and this was a warship). Being the victim of terrorism or an act of war gives us every right to punish them, and I never mentioned trumping any foreign government.

I am being serious. They committed a *crime* in Yemeni territory. It's up to Yemen to prosecute and punish them for that crime. Being the victim of that crime doesn't give us the "right" to trump the Yemeni government.

Blues,
Dave

Well, MY point is that the U.S. -- the victim of their original crimes -- is justified to be angry as fuck that Yemen couldn't keep these shitpiles from escaping before they were executed. They were sentenced to death... Were they going to ever be executed? >:(

Does anyone have a single doubt that these criminals are going to resume anti-U.S. violence?

-
-Jeffrey