LawnDart21

Death Penalty for drugs in Singapore?

Thanks for trying to paint me as a racist.

I know you're not.

It's more tongue in cheek as it's been drawn and thrown out a lot in the last couple months for some of the most silly things. And by people that I wouldn't expect that tactic from. (I was looking to see if they'd knee jerk on my note or not - we'll see)

I'm just trying the more self-righteous version of liberalism on for size to see how I like it. I feel kinda dirty. And not in the good way, more like going grocery shopping in store with carpetting.

Thanks for being the test subject. If you forgive me, I'll buy the first round.

Edit: My other response was going to be "Ahhh, you just don't understand dry humor". And then edit the post with smiley faces....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Two wrongs don't make a right.

two negatives make a positive

three rights make a left

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Two wrongs don't make a right.

two negatives make a positive

three rights make a left

Four aces make a winning hand.

Two wrongs still don't make a right.

Applies equally to N. Carolina.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It amuses me that while the First-World Governments put pressure on Singapore, Thailand, etc... to crack down on people smuggling drugs out of their countries, those same countries get all upset at "Barbaric" punishments for the very crimes they wanted stopped!

I think there's a good amount of racism mixed up in it as well. Although this guy was a Vietnamese immigrant, he was an Australian citizen. Most Aussies in jail on drug charges in neighboring countries are your standard issue white people. The Aussies think it's "barbaric" that their Asian (and some of them Islamic at that...) nighbors would have the temerity to hang white people for making "a mistake" by smuggling drugs. The fact that most of these neighboring countries have authoritarian regimes and that Australia and New Zealand are really the only working democracies in that part of the world is another issue. But I think Aussies have a real problem when the local "wogs" get cheeky with white folks.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I don't necessarily agree with it, but it IS the law of the land, by all indications he broke it and he shouldn't be treated any differently than a citizen of Singapore would. Sad, but maybe someone else will think twice before they try for "easy money" in a foreign country.

Applies equally to N. Carolina.

I REALLY wish I knew what that means. I bet it's funny.

I REALLY wish I knew what that means. I bet it's funny.

The answer you seek lies with Pie.

(Not in the biblical sense)

{thinking}

Nope, doesn't help

thanks anyway

Look about 20 threads down the page.

(Unless you knew that already and were trying to take the piss out of Kallend.)

1 - No one, I mean NO ONE, takes the piss out of Kallend. We'll back him up.

2 - Ok, turns out he wasn't being funny. I had hopes it was a dry witted clever addition to the list. He's really very funny with that sort of thing and it is Friday and that thread is only 2 posts long.

I guess the upside is they didn't saw off his head like some of the other islamic fucks like to do.

I feel sorry for this guy and his family but as others have posted, he knew the risks.

And the end product of his smuggling involves lots of ruined lives, hopelessness and suicides.

No one, I mean NO ONE, takes the piss out of Kallend. We'll back him up.

Now thats good comedy!

it is Friday and that thread is only 2 posts long.

Yeah I'm quite surprised at that. Executions must not be flavour of the month anymore.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's been proven time and again that drug laws don't deter. This is just another example. People commit crimes because they don't think they'll get caught. Sentences are punishment; they seldom deter. I don't think the death penalty does any good in any situation. Lock them up for life. That way, if it's somehow discovered that there was a mistake, they can be released. Too many people have been released from our death row after being proven innocent for me to be comfortable with executions.

Maybe they don't deter everybody, but the possibility of punishment does deter some of us from some things....:S

Sometimes the possibility of punishment just spurs a girl on though....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Maybe they don't deter everybody, but the possibility of punishment does deter some of us from some things

really? What crimes do you have a desire to commit that you don't only because you fear punishment? Is it because you want to commit evil deeds, but are scared. Or do you think some laws are unjust?

Maybe they don't deter everybody, but the possibility of punishment does deter some of us from some things

really? What crimes do you have a desire to commit that you don't only because you fear punishment? Is it because you want to commit evil deeds, but are scared. Or do you think some laws are unjust?

i'd take more drugs if i wasn't such a pain in the arse buying them sometimes, the punishment of getting caught with a few pills just doesn't seem worth me getting of my arse and buying them, i'd buy more if i new i wasn't going to get busted driving home with them

Sometimes I'd like to drive faster on the way home...lol...but don't for fear of punishment.

But honestly....it was fun to smoke a little weed back in college. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but now I have too much to lose to risk getting caught. So I don't smoke dope because of the potential consequences. I don't care to commit evil deeds, but not everything that is illegal is evil.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

There may be some dispute on the effectiveness of Capital Punishment as a deterrent...[:/]

But at least there can be little doubt about is's impact on the likelihood of Recidivism!:ph34r:

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but now I have too much to lose to risk getting caught. So I don't smoke dope because of the potential consequences.

So, you don't think there's anything wrong with doing it, yet you think it's ok for there to be a law against it. I guess I just don't get that attitude.

I find it laughable that this group is saying it is right or wrong. Who made this group the ultimate judge of what is right or what is wrong? Is there a source that you have that says what is right or wrong (good or evil)? The only thing that can be debated here is was it legal or not.

It is their country and it is legal there.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.