Deuce

Is beating the shit out of people who disagree with you funny?

http://wm.amazon.usa.speedera.net/wm.amazon.usa/books/AMAZON_V6_crop_100k.wmv

I have done a fair amount of violence on people. I have laughed about the context of it, but not the acts of violence themselves. My fights were all with people who needed to be arrested, or who attacked me.

To kick somebody in the balls who disagreed with me and then beat them down would not be funny at all.

I understand the skit is parody, but I don't understand how it could be "mainstream" funny. I understand how and why the left is frustrated with conservatism, but to beat an ignorant conservative down just because he holds views contrary to one's own, man that's just awful.

I understand how and why the left is frustrated with conservatism, but to beat an ignorant conservative down just because he holds views contrary to one's own, man that's just awful.

Nope. Not funny at all. And a sad parody, as well. Frankly, I'd prefer if a lib is so frustrated to either make a skydive or talk it through, not get physical. Physical violence is never funny (and no, I never liked the Keystone Cops, or The Three Stooges, or any of that ilk).

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Please tell me you are joking right? Youre getting offended at that? It is a total satire on the whole Toby Keith "We'll put a BOOT IN YER ASS" mentality if you don't agree with us. Thanks for posting that clip though. I didn't know that he had another book coming out. I read Lies and thought it was pretty good. Yes it was slanted but it was still entertaining.

I'm not offended. I think I'm out of touch. I watched it and wondered that if Amazon put that out as a commercial, mainstream liberal America is farther from my views than I thought.

I don't know the Toby Kieth reference, but I would presume it was about putting the boot to our enemies. I have never consider my debate opponents as "enemies" that I would beat down.

Did it make you laugh out loud?

I made it all the way to the "Hi, I'm Al Franken..." part of that video. I hate that guy.

I tried to give it a chance, but didn't even get a chuckle. The identical script in the hands of some better folks could've been hilarious, but this was just dog shite. Feh.

this is a fine demonstration of why he has moved on from comedy. he just isn't funny, i mean, how can you fuck up a skit where someone get kicked in the beanbag?

Al Franken has NEVER been funny. Some of the material he's written is supposed to have been funny, but I don't recall seeing any of it that even got a reaction of any kind from me.

Franken's SNL schtick was apparently a droll, British-style quirky offbeat kind, but it was lame, and it just didn't work.

He's one of those "How To Succeed in Show Biz Without Really Trying" types. It's a mystery to us, his peers, and probably to himself.>:(

He's got friends, that's all. Like Pauly Shore - he has no real talent.

In fact, Al Franken gives real Jewish comedians (like the aforementioned Three Stooges [yes, the REAL ones: Harold Moses "Moe" Horowitz, Lawrence "Larry" Feinberg, and Jerome "Curly" Horowitz]) a bad name. At least the Stooges were honest, and earned their chops the hard way in Vaudeville, and didn't try to tie a lot of political baggage to their schtick (although during the WW2 era, they stuck it to Germany a few times, and very successfully, I might add). :DB|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Didn't make me laugh, but I recognize it for the so called comedy skit it is.

Not mainstream, not like The Smother Brothers of 1969, axed for being truly relevant.

Like the Bishop rialed about the 'DiVinci Code' had to be reminded that the book is in the 'fiction' section of the library.

Didn't make me laugh, but I recognize it for the so called comedy skit it is.

Not mainstream, not like The Smother Brothers of 1969, axed for being truly relevant.

But Tommy and Dickie were (and still are) actually FUNNY and talented. Franken is neither.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

There was nobody better at slapstick violence than the three stooges. Which is why I love watching the old stooges shows... They always cracked me up, much the same way the old Tom and Jerry cartoons did... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban