storm1977

Give them an Inch (Damn palestinians)

fanatical closed circle

The righteous get some kind of reward (maybe they get to bully the earth from the meek after they inherit it - I don't recall), But I'm pretty sure the self righteous don't get anything, though. Problem is these are the ones we see all the time and it colors how non-religious types (like me) view the religious.

It's why I respect the quietly and personally religious, not the in-your-face type.

(it's the same for politics, enviromentalism, charitable types, etc...... Most are just regular people, but the public ones make the rest look bad.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

He most certainly is a personal friend. I talk to Him every day.

Your blasphemous and ridiculous comments are noted...by me, by everyone, and by God.

Bill, Bill, please stop being fanatic.....Did you really forget your life before "He" talked to you? 7 kids, several grand-children.... A life full of colours with bright and dark sides. How come you forgot all? Your personal situation has nothing to do with God.

YOU decided in your late years, God is the centre of your universe. How was it (your life w/o God) before???

Did your God not tell you to tolerate the others? Let them live, let them do their mistakes, who are you (or another one) to judge this? You are not God, Bill, you just believe you are close to Him. You said, God himself told you what to do. How will you ever make anyone else believe that?

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Fair warning; both of you please cut it out

Fair enough. I'm out. This thread caused me much sadness knowing that it was borne from within the community of skydivers.

Rehmwa: I agree 100% with what you say.

Falxori: I was busy in my work; will reply with a few points in response to your last substantive post in a private message.

Salam

"where danger is appears also that which saves ..." Friedrich Holderlin, 'Patmos'

sorry dude not trying to avoide the questions

Will you apply the same logic to the issue of restoring occupied Christian Armenian lands that you have applied in respect of Muslim Palestine?

Yes i do. I think any land that has been stolin from the people who originally occupied it should be returned within reason.

I understand the concept of refugees. If the Israelis lived among the Palestinians and they worked together I bet we would have been much better off Then simply taking their land and kicking them to the curb like garbage.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think any land that has been stolin from the people who originally occupied it should be returned within reason.

can we apply this logic to the same land stolen by the babylonians and then the Romans from the jews? or does this logic has an expiration date?

If the Israelis lived among the Palestinians and they worked together I bet we would have been much better off

I don't want to live among them, i want them to have their own state. work? that another story. free commerce and employment is essential. but its problematic when with every group of innocent workers there might be a terrorist hiding as well.

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I don't want to live among them, i want them to have their own state. work?

Ok then give them their land and move back to Europe problem solved.

but its problematic when with every group of innocent workers there might be a terrorist hiding as well.

Well you have Mr. Goldstein( i think that was his name) to thank for that. Before he decided to go to a Muslim holy place and kill praying Muslims there were no suicide bomb attacks in Israel.
Violence breeds violence I don’t think you can deny who started this destructive cycle.

Edit to add link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/25/newsid_4167000/4167929.stm

I can point too many other occasions so you can see who started this war.
Whenever the Israelis commit violent crimes it doesn’t get the same airplay as when a “crazy suicide bomber” blows him self up.
It's the way of the wordl right now. murder is murder at least in my eyes
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Ok then give them their land and move back to Europe problem solved.

and that's exactly the "everything or nothing" attitude that prevents peace.
i can say (again) that its not "their" land any more than it is mine but at least i'm being realistic that both of us are here to stay.
and if you have any new arguement on why this land is more palestinian than jewish besides the ones that have been debated to death here, bring it on...

Well you have Mr. Goldstein

Mr Goldstein was a terrorist. sadly we have few of those too. but (beside minor radical circles) he is considered to be a low life and a terrorist and not a hero like most palestinian terrorists.

Before he decided to go to a Muslim holy place and kill praying Muslims there were no suicide bomb attacks in Israel.

there was terror before , during, and after this sad incident. even in the link you've provided there is a long (yet not complete) list of terror acts carried by palestinians in the 70's and 80's, only then they were into airplane hijacking and killing teenagers in schools.
i by no means support or justify the shooting in hebron, but to say that is the cause of all terror acts that followed is absurd.

I don’t think you can deny who started this destructive cycle.

no, i can't deny but it seems you do.

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."