waltappel

Kanye West...

Well, I don't think a group of black people are about to hijack airplanes or go on a suicide bombing run through a mall. I just don't see it...it's not in our culture...unless they converted (I'll probably get shit for that one:P).

Hopefully you're right--not about getting shit, but the rest of your post.

What we have seen in this country are some examples of serious rage in the black community. It's a bad thing.

From http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/watts.html:

On August 11, 1965, a routine traffic stop in South Central Los Angeles provided the spark that lit the fire of those seething feelings. The riots lasted for six days, leaving 34 dead, over a thousand people injured, nearly 4,000 arested, and hundreds of buildings destroyed.

Remember the Rodney King riots? From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots:

Estimates of the number of lives lost during the unrest vary between 50 and 60, with as many as 2,000 persons injured. Estimates of the material damage done vary between about $800 million and $1 billion. Approximately 3,600 fires were set, destroying 1,100 buildings, with fire calls coming one every minute at some points. About 10,000 people were arrested; about 42% were African-American, 44% Hispanic, 9% white, and 2% other.

Try doing a google search on "race riots". It's a scary thing seeing how many we have had.

Walt

Wow, I totally forgot about the LA riots...I lived in Southern CA when all that went down. That one's a good point. Hmmm...

The ironic part was that the riots started amid cries for "justice". From http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/kingarrests.html here is Rodney King's arrest record:

Before the Big Incident
July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.

November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron,
ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register. The clerk grabbed the tire iron, causing King to fall backwards and knock over a pie rack. King swung the rack at the clerk and fled the store with $200. King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge and the other charges were dropped. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but was paroled on December 27, 1990.

The Big Incident
March 3, 1991: After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.

After the Big Incident
May 11, 1991: King was pulled over for having an excessively tinted windshield. Although King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired, King was not charged.

May 28, 1991: King picked up a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood who happened to be under surveillance by LAPD officers. King and the prostitute were observed in an alley engaging in sexual activity. When the prostitute spotted the officers, King sped away, nearly hitting one of them. King later explained that he thought the vice officers were robbers trying to kill him. No charges were filed.

June 26, 1992: King's second wife reported to police that King had hit her and she feared for her life. King was handcuffed and taken to a police station, but his wife then decided against pressing charges.

July 16, 1992: King was arrested at 1:40 A.M. for driving while intoxicated. No charges were filed.

August 21, 1993: King crashed into a wall near a downtown Los Angeles nightclub. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. King was charged with violating his parole and sent for sixty day to an alcohol treatment center. He was also convicted on the DUI charge and ordered to perform twenty days of community service.

May 21, 1995: King was arrested for DUI while on a trip to Pennsylvania. King failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a blood test. He was tried and acquitted.

July 14, 1995: King got into an argument with his wife while he was driving, pulled off the freeway and ordered her out of the car. When she started to get out, King sped off, leaving her on the highway with a bruised arm. King was charged with assault with a deadly weapon (his car), reckless driving, spousal abuse, and hit-and-run. King was tried on all four charges, but found guilty only of hit-and-run driving.

March 3, 1999: King allegedly injured the sixteen-year-old girl that he had fathered out of wedlock when he was seventeen, as well as the girl's mother. King was arrested for injuring the woman, the girl, and for vandalizing property. King claimed that the incident was simply "a family misunderstanding."

September 29, 2001: King was arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

Now that's the kind of guy that any group of upstanding people can really get behind. Of course there's always O.J. if they get tired of Rodney.

Walt

9/11 showed us that a very small group of people motivated by deep resentment and hatred toward the US government can really do some damage. They were not an immediate threat to our stability but they got our attention in a big way.

Well, I don't think a group of black people are about to hijack airplanes or go on a suicide bombing run through a mall. I just don't see it...it's not in our culture...unless they converted (I'll probably get shit for that one:P).

Like Jamaican born Germain Lindsay?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Lindsay

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Wow, I totally forgot about the LA riots...I lived in Southern CA when all that went down. That one's a good point. Hmmm...

The ironic part was that the riots started amid cries for "justice". From http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/kingarrests.html here is Rodney King's arrest record:

No matter what he did, there is still no excuse for the amount of brutality we all saw on that tape. While that doesn't justify the riots, it was definitely cause for the black community to be pretty pissed.

I always say I'm not going to get involved with this shit but it's almost impossible for me to sit back and watch someone speak unintelligently about "them" when "them" are people me.

I've commented on things you've said about black people previously and there's a common thread in every single one... You don't know anything about us. Whenever you open your mouth to speak about black people here, stereotypes fly out. If that's all you know that's unfortunate but it that's indeed the case you need to either broaden your horizons or shut your mouth.

"Suppose a black person refuses to speak proper English, uses foul language around older people and families with kids, dresses like a criminal, flaunts his attitude toward the law, plays rap music with foul language really loud in his car while driving with the windows rolled down, etc. Should that guy expect a really warm welcome? Might his behavior affect others' attitudes toward blacks?"

Remember this? Here's what you think of us.

Now to this post... First off his arrest record has nothing to do with his civil rights which were violated during the traffic stop. Second and more to the point of your complete lack of understanding of black people, the riots were not a show of support for Rodney King. There are no Rodney King t shirts, posters, speaking engagements, or books. Why? Because nobody in the black community cares about him as an individual. Actually, once he said "Can't we all just get along" the general consensus was "To hell with Rodney King." The incident/case/verdict acted as a catalyst. Take Rodney King and replace him with me (a black man with a blank record) and the same thing would have happened. The riots were chiefly about the treatment of black people by the police in LA. Anger, mistrust, and hatred built up over years and exploded into the riots. The same could be said for the 1965 incident you cited. Same basic ingredients, similar result.

The O.J. comment I'm not going to really get into but most of my thoughts are summed up in a documentary I saw on HBO about race relations in the US citing the Mexico city olympics and the OJ trial. Find it and watch it.

....dresses like a criminal,...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eflynn..you hit a LOT on the nose and this thread is far from funny, but this bears repeating.

Walt, what does a criminal DRESS like? I have yet to see black people out in the open wearing black and white striped shirt/pants combo with a ball and chain accessories. Please don't rush to note clothing with the color orange, orange is a minority color and can use all the press it can get. I, too, should not feed into this, but perhaps your time would be better spent reading about decent blacks, instead of criminials or trying to create criminals from sound bites and hating on Jesse Jackson. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

9/11 showed us that a very small group of people motivated by deep resentment and hatred toward the US government can really do some damage. They were not an immediate threat to our stability but they got our attention in a big way.

Like Jamaican born Germain Lindsay?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Lindsay

I would venture to guess that 'our' culture means 'American' blacks. Jamaica is not not part of America. Lindsay lived in various parts of the U.K. I think we should ban tanning beds before everyone gets out of control!~~April

I always say I'm not going to get involved with this shit but it's almost impossible for me to sit back and watch someone speak unintelligently about "them" when "them" are people me.

I've commented on things you've said about black people previously and there's a common thread in every single one... You don't know anything about us. Whenever you open your mouth to speak about black people here, stereotypes fly out. If that's all you know that's unfortunate but it that's indeed the case you need to either broaden your horizons or shut your mouth.

What I write about is what I personally have observed. Have I observed all people of any group? Of course not. Have I ever said that all black people are a certain way? Nope. That's your assumption that I think that way.

"Suppose a black person refuses to speak proper English, uses foul language around older people and families with kids, dresses like a criminal, flaunts his attitude toward the law, plays rap music with foul language really loud in his car while driving with the windows rolled down, etc. Should that guy expect a really warm welcome? Might his behavior affect others' attitudes toward blacks?"

Remember this? Here's what you think of us.

Again, that is your assumption that I think all blacks are like that example. It doesn't say that or, IMO, imply that, and the example DOES make sense.

Now to this post... First off his arrest record has nothing to do with his civil rights which were violated during the traffic stop.

As I recall, the issue in the trial was whether the police officers violated L.A. police department policy and the jury found that they did not. The civil rights charges were brought by the feds later on to help calm the situation down. Not as a matter of justice, but to help calm the situation down.

Second and more to the point of your complete lack of understanding of black people, the riots were not a show of support for Rodney King. There are no Rodney King t shirts, posters, speaking engagements, or books. Why? Because nobody in the black community cares about him as an individual. Actually, once he said "Can't we all just get along" the general consensus was "To hell with Rodney King." The incident/case/verdict acted as a catalyst. Take Rodney King and replace him with me (a black man with a blank record) and the same thing would have happened. The riots were chiefly about the treatment of black people by the police in LA. Anger, mistrust, and hatred built up over years and exploded into the riots. The same could be said for the 1965 incident you cited. Same basic ingredients, similar result.

I can understand that but that kind of "cause and effect" description of those incidents is eerie--almost like some sort of rationalization of the violence. Of course there is no real justification for it.

The O.J. comment I'm not going to really get into but most of my thoughts are summed up in a documentary I saw on HBO about race relations in the US citing the Mexico city olympics and the OJ trial. Find it and watch it.

I saw that a while back. Interesting. BTW, I was one of the very few white people cheering the OJ verdict. (I had bet on a full walk and won the bet!)

Walt

I am hispanic and grew up in the Ghetto in Brooklyn New York. Most skydivers grew up in the suburbs, and are white. you people will never understand unless you lived it.

Whoa ther Admiral....I'm whiter than Halle Berry's teeth and I too grew up in less tha un-desirable circumstances. I was one of three whites in my elementary years classes:o. I fell victim to reverse racism at an early age, repeatedly beaten' by "blacks" much older than me just for the purpose of stealing the Food Stamps I was carrying to get food for my brothers and mother:S.

Am I sore, disgruntled, pissed-off?....NO!

I chose to "lift myself" out of multiple bad situations and make a better life for myself. An opportunity that "EVERYONE" in this country has a right to do regardless of race! Some even have more opportunities because they are considered "less fortunate" due to race. Not me. I had to scratch and scrape for everything I have today.

As for all of those cryin' about inequalities and opression, I have a brand new jar of "Smuckers Grape Jelly" and my pant's around my ankles>:(.

Take a hard look at the people you know who are truly in an "opressed" state and ask yourself, "Are they doing "EVERYTHING" they can to improve their quality of life and that of those around them?". Once you have done that, I have a strong feeling you will rethink your views on how bad some folks really have it......

If not, maybe some day you will.

BTW, I grew up in OH and moved to CA to get away from the "ignorants" there.
Anvil Brother #69

Sidelined with a 5mm C5-C6 herniated disk...
Back2Back slammers and 40yr old fat guys don't mix!

I would blame the hostility on a few individuals like West and other so called "rap legends". They are a bunch of fucking idiots, who have been responsible for imprinting the gangsta image and mentality on several young black innocent minds.

Thus, they think it is cool to do drugs and be a "gangsta".

However there is still racism in all countries and oppression against African and black people which is totally unnaceptable.

Point being - West probably uses this to portray himself as a "saviour " like 2pac was supposed to be fighting oppression - a fucking load of crap- he was a gangsta to .

if a person dies because they are INVOLVED in gang crime, or a person of any colour dies becuase they are involved, they got what they fucking deserved. I have NO SYMPATHY for anyone listening to that load of gun glorifying drugs popping shite. Also, why do i have no sympahty?

Because they kill innocent people in their activities to.

Although it is fair to say some young victims who were involved were to young to know better.

For west - if he portrtays himself as risking death everyday then it would be better if he did get killed or bugger off to some foreign island in the middle of bangladesh - somewhere he could stopfeeding crap into the minds of young kids and getting them in shit.

If he is killed by another gangsta?. GOOD.

my heart goes out to all the black people fighting this stupid stereotypical image of them,and hope it is removed so they can be percieved as what they REALLY are - verydecent, hard working and troublefree people who are equal just as everyother race is.

I would blame the hostility on a few individuals like West and other so called "rap legends". They are a bunch of fucking idiots, who have been responsible for imprinting the gangsta image and mentality on several young black innocent minds.

Thus, they think it is cool to do drugs and be a "gangsta".

However there is still racism in all countries and oppression against African and black people which is totally unnaceptable.

Point being - West probably uses this to portray himself as a "saviour " like 2pac was supposed to be fighting oppression - a fucking load of crap- he was a gangsta to .

if a person dies because they are INVOLVED in gang crime, or a person of any colour dies becuase they are involved, they got what they fucking deserved. I have NO SYMPATHY for anyone listening to that load of gun glorifying drugs popping shite. Also, why do i have no sympahty?

Because they kill innocent people in their activities to.

Although it is fair to say some young victims who were involved were to young to know better.

For west - if he portrtays himself as risking death everyday then it would be better if he did get killed or bugger off to some foreign island in the middle of bangladesh - somewhere he could stopfeeding crap into the minds of young kids and getting them in shit.

If he is killed by another gangsta?. GOOD.

my heart goes out to all the black people fighting this stupid stereotypical image of them,and hope it is removed so they can be percieved as what they REALLY are - verydecent, hard working and troublefree people who are equal just as everyother race is.

I would think it pertinent that you need to listen to Kanye Wests work before you classify him as a gangsta, which is about as far removed as you can get from what he is all about and where he is from (the suburbs of Chicago).

It was precisely NOT being a "gangsta" that made him unmarketable enough in the first place to have his first album repeatedly pushed back from distribution.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

If what you write about is what you've personally observed, and all that you've written about black people on dz.com is negative, then it could be very easily inferred that that's what you think of us.

I'm not asssuming anything in regards to what you think of black people. I'm citing what you've written. You may have more than one view of us but thusfar, you've only spoken of one. Using the "where did I ever say ALL is a stretch."

"As I recall, the issue in the trial was whether the police officers violated L.A. police department policy and the jury found that they did not. The civil rights charges were brought by the feds later on to help calm the situation down. Not as a matter of justice, but to help calm the situation down."

This doesn't change a thing. If he was a saint before and after or was a hardened criminal before and after there was no cause for him to be beaten like that regardless of what the jury's verdict was.

"I can understand that but that kind of "cause and effect" description of those incidents is eerie--almost like some sort of rationalization of the violence. Of course there is no real justification for it."

I'm not trying to justify or say violence in these cases was okay. I'm explaining to you why it occurred since you obviously didn't understand initially.

"I saw that a while back. Interesting. BTW, I was one of the very few white people cheering the OJ verdict. (I had bet on a full walk and won the bet!)"

You cheered because you won a bet. Others cheered for completely different reasons.

I have absoultely no idea where you got any of your information on Kanye West's background but it's ALL wrong. There isn't anything "gangsta" about anything he's ever done/written. Comparing him to Tupac is like comparing Cornell West to Dr Suess (I hope the comparison didn't escape you).

I don't know what other "rap legends" you're talking about but you might want to do a little more research first next time.

If what you write about is what you've personally observed, and all that you've written about black people on dz.com is negative, then it could be very easily inferred that that's what you think of us.

Yes it can definitely be inferred by someone who likes to make assumptions. Go for it, but be aware that you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing. Look up the term "hypocrite".

I'm not asssuming anything in regards to what you think of black people. I'm citing what you've written.

So "easily inferring" is not making assumptions. Yeah, ok.

You may have more than one view of us but thusfar, you've only spoken of one. Using the "where did I ever say ALL is a stretch."

Yeah, ok.

"As I recall, the issue in the trial was whether the police officers violated L.A. police department policy and the jury found that they did not. The civil rights charges were brought by the feds later on to help calm the situation down. Not as a matter of justice, but to help calm the situation down."

This doesn't change a thing. If he was a saint before and after or was a hardened criminal before and after there was no cause for him to be beaten like that regardless of what the jury's verdict was.

The reason I brought it up was that the police officers apparently followed departmental policy and were crucified for it. What happened was symptomatic of a departmental problem--not a problem with the specific officers. They were used as scapegoats and the people behind those policies were ignored. That really bothered me at the time--the fact that the policy makers seemed to be insulated from any actions.

"I can understand that but that kind of "cause and effect" description of those incidents is eerie--almost like some sort of rationalization of the violence. Of course there is no real justification for it."

I'm not trying to justify or say violence in these cases was okay. I'm explaining to you why it occurred since you obviously didn't understand initially.

"I saw that a while back. Interesting. BTW, I was one of the very few white people cheering the OJ verdict. (I had bet on a full walk and won the bet!)"

You cheered because you won a bet. Others cheered for completely different reasons.

And we were all cheering that a murderer went free. I was cheering because I won a bet based on my cynical view of the "justice" system.

Most of the other cheering seemed to be because a black man beat the system. Seemed bizarre to me at the time because it was really a case of RICH man beating the system. I think OJ would have won even if his lawyers had not played the race card so heavily. There apparently was some ridiculous police misconduct and incompetence. I still don't see it as a race thing at all.

Walt

I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm simply citing what you've written. If you write about how much you don't like fruit, why would I think you like pineapples? I wouldn't. Your basic point is "I never said I didn't like ALL fruit" and I'm saying that's a weak argument.

hypocrite: One who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion. One who feigns to be better or other than he is.

Hardly.

"The reason I brought it up was that the police officers apparently followed departmental policy and were crucified for it. What happened was symptomatic of a departmental problem--not a problem with the specific officers. They were used as scapegoats and the people behind those policies were ignored. That really bothered me at the time--the fact that the policy makers seemed to be insulated from any actions."

This is really another discussion but I'll address it. If what they did during that traffic stop was departmental policy, one of the officers wouldn't have tried to stop the other from beating him with his night stick. It would have been par for the course.

"Most of the other cheering seemed to be because a black man beat the system. Seemed bizarre to me at the time because it was really a case of RICH man beating the system. I think OJ would have won even if his lawyers had not played the race card so heavily. There apparently was some ridiculous police misconduct and incompetence. I still don't see it as a race thing at all."

Robert Blake is rich. OJ, at that time, was rich and black. There is a difference as far as most of the country is concerned.

Robert Blake is rich. OJ, at that time, was rich and black. There is a difference as far as most of the country is concerned.

Here's one point where we are really on opposite sides of the fence. I see very little, if any difference with the exception of police misconduct and/or incompetence during the investigation.

The rest of my comments are really not directed at you, but to race-baiters in general. By "race-baiter" I mean people who are very prone to making accusations of racism.

Cries of "racism" have been so common for so long that they have pretty much lost all meaning for me and a lot of other people. It's the "crying wolf" thing. Much more often than not I see very public charges of racism as a smokescreen and Kanye West's remarks are a perfect example.

This is a country that is fueled by greed for money and power. Other countries are too, but either we (as a country) are more flagrant about it or I see it a lot more clearly because I have lived here most of my life.

Kanye West said, America is setup "to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off as slow as possible."

At least he got part of that right. remove the reference to black people and change "as slow as possible" to "more slowly than it helps rich people" and I would actually agree with that statement.

Affluent people, businesses and special-interest groups in this country donate large amounts of money to politicians, e.g., George Bush, to help them get elected. As a result, they have greater access to politicians than people who don't.

Successful politicians who run expensive campaigns travel in circles of affluent people rather than the poor. That's who their friends, benefactors, and associates are.

Now plug human nature into the equation. In rough times, we tend to take care of our family and friends *first*. You can see that here at dropzone.com in The Bonfire. There was an immediate and huge outpouring of concern for those in the skydiving community who were affected by Hurricane Katrina. Same for family and friends of those in the skydiving community. People we never met had a lower priority. That's human nature.

What do you think George Bush's priorities are? Here's my guess:

1. Himself and his family
2. His friends (especially gov't officials)
3. People who have helped him gain power and maintain it.
4. The rest of us.

I don't see where race fits in. I think beyond himself, his family, and friends, his caring is based on the economic value that people have to him and I really doubt that race plays into it at all. Most of the really rich people in this country have traditionally been and continue to be white, but I think it's their money and influence that makes the difference to him--not their skin color.

Is it fair to say that George Bush doesn't care about poor people or black people? I don't think so, but I think it is fair to say that he cares about poor people less than he cares about rich people because rich people have economic value to him.

Back to Kanye West. He ain't stupid. He knows how the system works. He has money and influence and, IMO, is using race-baiting to promote himself. I find that disgusting.

Same for Jesse Jackson.

I think Al Sharpton does it at times, but my impression is that he is much more honest than Jesse Jackson and is more guilty of sometimes rushing to judgement than he is of being a calculating race-baiter.

Back to OJ and Robert Blake. I obviously was not on the jury and did not see all the evidence, but in neither case did the defendant's story pass the smell test. Not even a little bit. It doesn't matter what I think, but I think both of them were guilty and beat the system because they could afford to hire the people capable of pulling it off.

So cry "racism" all you want. IMO it can't even hold a candle to money and power when it comes to making things happen in this country.

Walt

p.s. There was one comment (not from you) that I "hate on" Jesse Jackson. I can't think of anyone that I hate.

Walt

p.s. There was one comment (not from you) that I "hate on" Jesse Jackson. I can't think of anyone that I hate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made that comment and I'll clarify. To 'hate on' is to obsess over something/someone so much that the subject/person is used as a worse example to (another) bad example. Look at your first remark and don't wonder why you've been taken issue with. You seemed to pull Jackson out of THIN air (read that 2x) and only now you want to wash your hands of it. There is a specific reason I didn't use the term 'hate'. I don't know what you hate and I don't want to be 'interesting' in the SC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At least he got part of that right. remove the reference to black people and change "as slow as possible" to "more slowly than it helps rich people" and I would actually agree with that statement.
Plug in 'the Easter Bunny' and it could have the same effect. You cannot change the text to suit your agenda. Simple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.....using race-baiting to promote himself. I find that disgusting.

~~Just 'interesting'.

What do you think George Bush's priorities are? Here's my guess:
You're as guilty at West is. Let Bush figure out his priorites instead of taking them on as your own. He is a public figure, but its absurd to flip the coin and believe because it is YOUR view, its the right one (Bush's very OWN).

Time to walk the dog. I'm done with this 'interesting' thread.~~April

Politicians in general aren't about helping average people. They're about protecting their own interests and maintaining/establishing wealth. Bush included. While I understand what you're saying about poor vs black, in the US there is a parallel between the two. If you were to paint all the homes of poor people red and the homes of all the middle class and wealthy people black there would be a lot more black people with red homes than black ones. If you banned anyone who wore vans from ever skydiving again for a non skydiving reason, enough skydivers would be affected to make it seem like they were in part being targeted. That's Kanye's point.

As far as him promoting himself I don't think that had anything to do with what he said. If you've ever seen one of his interviews or read an article about him he's always had a monster ego. I've watched him walk out of interviews, throw tantrums, and tell the host of a show to "be quiet while I talk." When people hear him speak their attention automatically turns to him. My point is he didn't need to say any of what he said to "promote himself." I actually know and went to school with his manager, Jon Jon aka Jon Monopoly and spoke to him a day after his comments. We both joked about him having his taxes in order as his comments could bring hiim far more harm than good. Jon also mentioned extra security.

The fact of the matter is he said what A LOT of people were thinking. Wether you agree or not thousands of people stood up and said "YES!!!" when he spoke his mind. Will anyone ever be able to prove it? Probably not. But it does feel good to get things off your chest or have someone else who can say what you feel to the world.

As far as race, money, and power goes I think they're all connected in this country. I think money provides power but race figures into the equation too. That's another discussion and not one that I would engage in here.

Wow, you love to kill and you're a racist. You really impress.

Well, that's pretty blatant.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The ONLY way to fix this racism problem is to END RACES... If eveyone was half black/white or hispanic, asian...whatever.....How could we get pissed at each other for the color of skin? And, we all would be collectively better looking. The prettiest people I know are mixed race. We are too stupid to end this on our own.

--

The ONLY way to fix this racism problem is to END RACES... If eveyone was half black/white or hispanic, asian...whatever.....How could we get pissed at each other for the color of skin? __________________________________________________ Did ya ever see the Startrac episode where the people ast war with each other were vertically half black and half white? The difference was that some were black on their left side and the others were black on their right side.

Now for sho' that's just a tv show. Thing is ,I can tell you that in todays black community blacks often discrimiate against other blacks according to their hue. No shit!!! Darker blacks are often looked at as inferior by lighter blacks. So what you gonna do?

Blues,
Cliff