bobjoy9

What's with men & GUNS???

I don't get,, Why do so many people, Yes as chicks as well, like guns?

I stuck my head out the door. Three miles below, the airport was passing beneath the track of the plane. After waiting for a separation interval I stepped into the atmosphere with no concern that I would navigate back to that small patch of green that was in the distance below. Upon flaring and touching down just a few meters from the intended target a feeling of accomplishment passed over and through me. A sense that I had controlled my mind, my body, my tools, and negotiated the universe around me.

I laid in a prone position on the green tarp covering the red clay of eastern Alabama. Every muscle in my body was relaxed except those called upon to execute the task. I could feel the air entering my lungs, hear my heart beat. I knew the names of the muscles, tendons, and bones that would be used to accomplish the task. 600 yards down range a 6 inch black circle on an eggshell white background presented a destination for a missile I was about to launch at it three times the speed of sound. Like a sequence controlled by a computer the muscles began to tighten in a smooth and gradual sequence. The sound of the cartridge firing surprised me, as it always did. I was aware of my eyes closing, as they always did. Down range a 65 grain boat tailed hollow point projectile less than a quarter inch in diameter perforated the black circle just slightly off center. A feeling of accomplishment passed over and through me. A sense that I had controlled my mind, my body, my tools, and negotiated the universe around me.

Ergo - sense of control - yes. Not of others but of myself and my environment.

Oh, and I really like the BANG it makes.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

That's what I like.

Being able to have a descussion or heated one, without being shot.

And at the end of the day having beer with one ahother.

-
------------------------------------------------------------

just curious,,is there such a thing as an "F" licence in skydiving?? BTW i am a pretty good shot myself..I have hunted for many yrs used to carry a 357 s/w in a fany pak,everywhere. shooting a gun and hitting ur target or putting down the game in one shot is abit like skydiving,,a sense of accomplishment..

If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

Oh, and I really like the BANG it makes.

-
-
That was a really cool read.....
Man you should write books and teach me how to spell.
Why do they call you oz?

Cause that's where I'm from.
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"
There's a little bit of EveL Knievel in all of us.

just curious,,is there such a thing as an "F" licence in skydiving??

-
-
In Australia there is ,,
It's the last one, over 1'000 jumps and it entitles you to get a B display licence, With the requirements of 25 consecutive landings within 5 meteres of the pit.
-
-
F&*#$ you carried a 357 in your fanny pack , {we call it a bum bag, even if it's on the front}
WhY did you carry this 357?
There had better been a great justifycation for carring this.
Please educate me.
I can't wait to hear why,,
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

Why do they call you oz?

Cause that's where I'm from.
-
-

When I lived in Kansas someone noted I had been involved in alot of the new stuff our company did. Kinda like the Wizard of Oz - don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain.

P.S. been coast to coast to coast in your Oz - loved it, especially Alice.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

In Australia there is ,,
It's the last one, over 1'000 jumps and it entitles you to get a B display licence, With the requirements of 25 consecutive landings within 5 meteres of the pit.
kwell,, thanks for educating me on that:)------------------------------------------------------------

F&*#$ you carried a 357 in your fanny pack , {we call it a bum bag, even if it's on the front}
WhY did you carry this 357?
There had better been a great justifycation for carring this.
Please educate me.
I can't wait to hear why,,
"LIFE IS GOOD-LIVE IT"
There's a little bit of EveL Knievel in all of us

grin, i was once married to a,,ahh gun fanatic of sorts,,he was also a truck driver..he is the one who taught me how to shoot,, and i must say i got pretty good at it..i was alone alot as he was on the road alot..
__________________________________________________-
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

I think debating with gun lovers is a waste of time. You cannot change them and you cannot even convince them that most gun owners suck really bad when it comes to shooting.

Replace "gun owners" with skydivers and "shooting" with skydiving.

:P

I mean they truly believe in their skills and ability to use the weapon effectively when someone points the gun at them asks for money.

I have never ever once stated that if someone points a weapon at me I'm going to try to draw my weapon. At that point the only thing that you can really do is give them your wallet. Infact every training method I've ever seen comments that if you're at point blank range and a perp has a gun on you, you're not going to be able to draw and it would be idiotic to believe so.

Honestly, your statements are much like a true whuffo talking about skydiving. Its fine to have your opinion, but I would suggest educating yourself on this topic a bit. Even if it doesn't change your opinion, you'll atleast speak with an educated opinion.

I've got to agree with you on this one. Your best 'weapon' at this point, would be your mouth. Keep the sumbitch calm and speak calmly, while you give him your wallet, watch and rings. Hopefully, this will save your life. Trying to pull a gun would only be signing your own death certificate.

Chuck

Hi Joy?,
Don't really know where you're coming from?? Are you a city geek who never saw a gun unless it was on a cop or a gang banger?? I grew up in Louisiana (rural) in the 50's. Our parents gave us shot guns instead of BB guns (BB guns could put your eye out!!) (Local joke of the times!!) The deal was during hunting season we had to put food on the table!! During the summer we had to bring in the fish too!! (That's how we ate!!) Now, everyone is jumping on this "Gun Control" (BLAMING 'GUNS FOR COLUMBINE IS LIKE BLAMING SPOONS FOR ROSIE O'DONNEL BEING FAT!!!!!!) (PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN!!!!!)band wagon, O.K. Well, go right ahead!! I like guns, sure. I above all else thanks to my parents, Boy Scout Leaders, the local PD, hunters at Deer Camp on the Tangipahoa River, my Woodmen of the World training, and Civil Air Patrol Marksman Training have given me a great "RESPECT" for guns and their importance in our world!!!! GOT THAT???
So, yeah, I like guns. I own a few. I shoot them at tin cans. I collect them. And above all else, they are no substitute for my properly functioning penis!! (Unlike some believe that guns are a replacement for a male's malfunctioning penis!!!!) So there!!
Just you remember, before there was,"Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!!" there was,"Alcohol, Tobaco and 'FIREARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'."
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

My wife and I target shoot a lot with various handguns, couple of times a month usually.

It's like golf with recoil. :P And a lot more noise.

I like the challenge of it, I like the toys, and the connection to history with firearms. I've always been mechanically inclined, so guns are just one more toy to have.

Self defense is another issue. Although I'll probably never have to use one, just like all those fire extiguishers I have around the house, it's nice to know it's there. I wish every woman in this country would pack a little heat. I don't think there'd be a bad guy left in a week.

I used to hunt a little, and have one kid who's interested in it, so I'll probably be trying to put Bambi in the freezer this next fall, too.

How many guns do I have? More than I need, but not as many as I'd like. Still thinking about a the new Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt, a classic. And there's always a .223 that catches my eye, or a Garand, or a . . . .:D

There's always a few "wackos" you meet in the world with guns. I don'tkow if many are dangerous, more just socially clumsy, I think. Most the people I meet at the range are salt of the earth, very law abiding, polite people, grandfather types and dad types.

I asked him about the infatuation with him and his gun and he replied that it gave him a scence of power.

When I go shooting, I never have a sence of power.....it just feels like I went shooting. Maybe it does that to people who did not grow up around guns or something.:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I enjoy shooting for the same reasons I enjoy karate. It's fun, good exercise, and as well as being fun and good exercise, might save your life.

The problem with outlawing guns is that only the law abiding citizens (who wouldn't be shooting up convenience stores anyway) will follow the laws. By promoting gun banning, all you're doing is promoting the idea of taking weapons away from people who might legitimately need to defend themselves, while leaving the criminals just as armed and dangerous as ever. Personally, I like the idea of citizens being armed to even things out. The only advantage that gun banning has is the advantage given to the criminals in making it easier to victimize others.

The problem with outlawing guns is that only the law abiding citizens (who wouldn't be shooting up convenience stores anyway) will follow the laws. By promoting gun banning, all you're doing is promoting the idea of taking weapons away from people who might legitimately need to defend themselves, while leaving the criminals just as armed and dangerous as ever. Personally, I like the idea of citizens being armed to even things out. The only advantage that gun banning has is the advantage given to the criminals in making it easier to victimize others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nightingalesnest.net
Air Bears
Nightingales Necklaces
YEAH what she said

lucky

RAised with guns (over 350 assault & pistols) plus collectors crap.
over 1/2 ton on ammo in the house at all times.
Having a gun was about as unique a feeling as someone telling me they have running water.
Dad had a colorful job dscription around the World.

I own NO guns now. I really pic and choose my spending with things I WILL use on a weekly or daily basis.
My temperment is a hazard and I am NOT the person the public would want to own a gun.

RAised with guns (over 350 assault & pistols) plus collectors crap.
over 1/2 ton on ammo in the house at all times

-
-
What were you waiting for <<<"JUDGEMENT DAY"?>>>>>>

My temperment is a hazard and I am NOT the person the public would want to own a gun.

-
-
Reconizing the fact is the begginning.
Dude you can have any slot you want on any of my skydives.
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

every day was JUDGEMENT DAY in my Dad's line of work. He ran a SWAT team locally plus Counter-terrorism around the World. (para-Military= Gov't/priv. bus.)

Doing something you're good at brings pretty much anyone a sense of satisfaction.

-
-
Ok , I started someting that is very touchy for the gun lovers and anti gun lovers.

But I was kinda hoping that I would see a pic or two of a cick in a bikini holding something,, enything buy now.

So Come on chicks , get to it,, Get that camera out and start shooting.
Think of it as shooting yourself and feeding us blokes.
-
-

Here you go me and the dredded pet punisher.:P

Could have taken pics with the GLock, but it was easier to just use the pet punisher.
Fly it like you stole it!

Doing something you're good at brings pretty much anyone a sense of satisfaction.

-
-
Ok , I started someting that is very touchy for the gun lovers and anti gun lovers.

But I was kinda hoping that I would see a pic or two of a cick in a bikini holding something,, enything buy now.

So Come on chicks , get to it,, Get that camera out and start shooting.
Think of it as shooting yourself and feeding us blokes.
-
-

Here you go me and the dredded pet punisher.:P

Could have taken pics with the GLock, but it was easier to just use the pet punisher.

Sexy pic Kelli! Squirt gun and all! You are out of control!!!!!!!:D:D:P:P

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Honestly, your statements are much like a true whuffo talking about skydiving. Its fine to have your opinion, but I would suggest educating yourself on this topic a bit.

FYI: I used to wear a green beret and received quite extensive education about all kinds of weapons. The list is too long to mention here. My present position is based on experiences rather then ignorance.

A knock on the door in the middle of the night you did not expect= me alot more comfortable with my weapon. A "tweaker" (meth user) neighbor breaking through the wall between my apartment and his= S.W. .357 pointed at his head when it came through the hole. It took him a second to realise how close he was to dieing, but ended the immediate threat. After calling 911 it took over an hour before the police got there, can't always count on them to protect you. Yes I enjoy shooting at the range, practiceing skills that one day might save my life or yours. Only a morron would try to "draw" on someone that has a "bead" on them.
James
P.S. both of those examples have happened to me, the first one more than once

FYI: I used to wear a green beret and received quite extensive education about all kinds of weapons. The list is too long to mention here. My present position is based on experiences rather then ignorance.

Ok, then your presentation of your opinion leaves a bit to be desired. Leaving other people confused about your true opinion and background.

Remember, perception is reality, especially on the interent.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

" (meth user) neighbor breaking through the wall between my apartment and his= S.W. .357 pointed at his head when it came through the hole.

-
-This happened more than once you say?
-
-
I would moove to a better neighbourhood!!!
-
I once lived<[where I don't anymore}someplace where I had to intruders in my backyard trying to enter my shed. I confronted them with a baseball bat.Lucky they didn't have a gun.They just simply left with no heads having to be hit.
Fortunatily I live in a place where I can leave the doors open in My car at home and my children can walk to school unaided.
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

>Ok, then your presentation of your opinion leaves a bit to be desired.
>Leaving other people confused about your true opinion and background.

His opinion was clear to me. His opinion is not diminished by it being unpopular with pro-gun people.