likearock

California to ban hunting over Internet

It's likely too late to fight the Iraq war on the internet. But the USA looks to be on it's way towards yet another war, this time in North Korea. Maybe they can setup a little internet action so that patriotic rednecks can kill some commies while eating apple pie from the comfort of home.

PS: Flame me if you must people, but I think we're in for a world of trouble if/when GWB starts dropping bombs.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I don't see what the problem is, as long as the state the animal is killed in is ok with it and the cyber-hunter has the proper permit and all regulations are followed. This doesn't surprise me, but why the hell does California give a shit about animals hunted from Texas. Just another animal rights movement. Yeah it's pretty cheap and unsportsmanlike, but so is buying steak from a grocery store.

It's likely too late to fight the Iraq war on the internet. But the USA looks to be on it's way towards yet another war, this time in North Korea. Maybe they can setup a little internet action so that patriotic rednecks can kill some commies while eating apple pie from the comfort of home.

PS: Flame me if you must people, but I think we're in for a world of trouble if/when GWB starts dropping bombs.

I know North Korea has been a problem, but I haven't watched the news lately. Are there new conflicts arising just recently causing concern?

I guess you didn't watch the news today. Yes the shit is poised to hit the fan. North Korea is talking of testing a nuclear weapon very very soon and the USA is talking of bombing them either before or after this test. And GWB didn't want to be remembered as a war president. Right ... :S

Oh and for the record, I do NOT support North Korea. But I also don't support the USA bombing them if they do conduct these tests.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Oh boy, God help us. I hope GWB will make we'll make a well thought out decision on this.***

Sorry, I had to be the first.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHH!

Don't worry so much. Maybe our intelligence reliability hasn't improved much since before the Iraq war. That would mean that North Korea is only getting ready to test an M-80 and some bottle rockets.

Don't worry so much. Maybe our intelligence reliability hasn't improved much since before the Iraq war. That would mean that North Korea is only getting ready to test an M-80 and some bottle rockets.

Well, I hope you're right. Anyway, back to the internet hunting thingee.

Instead of shooting animals, I think it would be more fun to use paint ball guns and shoot actors dressed up as your least favorite politician. I'll bet a web page like that would do quite well.
When some one make that happen remember that it was my idea.

I think you got something here. I'd run with it. Find a friend that knows how to make webpages. I'm not sure what kind of technology this site uses so the hunter actually moves the gun, but it's worth researching.

Too me it sounds like hunting over the internet would destroy the experience.
I've never been hunting myself, but I know a lot of people that do it. I've listened to the talk about it and its being there with mates...etc.... that is whats enjoyable.

Too me it sounds like hunting over the internet would destroy the experience.
I've never been hunting myself, but I know a lot of people that do it. I've listened to the talk about it and its being there with mates...etc.... that is whats enjoyable.

You're probably right. It doesn't sound that fun to me, but I sure don't see a problem with it. People get all worked up anytime someone ventures into new territory like this, but hey, to each his own. I wouldn't mine giving it a try if I'm hungry for some deer steak and don't have a place to hunt this fall. It's a great opportunity for people who would like to deer hunt but just don't have access to land.

I've been a licensed hunter since I was 12. Hunting isn't meant to be easy. :S You're meant to get your behind out there and use skill to track, find and accurately and humanely bring down your quarry. This is just like spotlighting deer and terribly wrong. What sport is that? It's the same as shooting fish in a barrel. IMO this definitely should be banned. If you are going to take that life then look it in the eye as it dies and take responsibility for the life you just took for the reason you took. Thank it for its sacrifice. Get out your knife and clean the mess you made. If you can't live up to that responsibility then keep your lazy dishonorable butt out of the woods, whoever you are and your mouse too.
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I've been a licensed hunter since I was 12. Hunting isn't meant to be easy. You're meant to get your behind out there and use skill to track, find and accurately and humanely bring down your quarry. This is just like spotlighting deer and terribly wrong. What sport is that? It's the same as shooting fish in a barrel. IMO this definitely should be banned. If you are going to take that life then look it in the eye as it dies and take responsibility for the life you just took for the reason you took. Thank it for its sacrifice. Get out your knife and clean the mess you made.

How is buying a steak from a grocery store any different? Do you think those animals were given a fighting chance. Ok, I'll agree with you that this is unsportsmanlike, but If Texas evidently has the abundance of deer that their Game and Parks would approve of this. Then why is this any of California's damn business. If a state has enough deer and chooses to legalize spotlighting as well, then so be it. I am a hunter too, and this isn't anything that I would do, but having one state ban their residents from hunting in Texas online, and following all of Texas's laws is ridiculous. I don't understand how this is any less humane, because I don't think the deer is going to know the difference between being shot by hunter holding a .270 or a machine operated by an online hunter. These deer will still be field dressed and cleaned by this business, and the meat will be mailed to you, pretty lazy, but inhumane, I don't think so.

If you can't live up to that responsibility then keep your lazy dishonorable butt out of the woods, whoever you are and your mouse too.

You can continue to hunt how you want which is how I like to hunt too, but I don't think you own these woods and have the right to tell these people to stay out, if Texas allows this.

If Texas allows them to come in state and hunt that is one thing. Having them push a button from another state is completely different and you know it. If you don't want to do it the right way then indeed go to the grocery store. That's where such a person belongs. It shouldn't be allowed. Hunting is a sporting affair that should be governed by a set of rules or not done at all.
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

If Texas allows them to come in state and hunt that is one thing. Having them push a button from another state is completely different and you know it.

I never said it wasn't different, that's why I'd never do it myself, I just don't feel that it's wrong or that California should have any say in it.

It shouldn't be allowed. Hunting is a sporting affair that should be governed by a set of rules or not done at all.

It is still governed by a set of rules. Texas just has a different set of rules.
Anyway, I've got a head out for the day. Cya

If you are going to take that life then look it in the eye as it dies and take responsibility for the life you just took for the reason you took. Thank it for its sacrifice. Get out your knife and clean the mess you made. If you can't live up to that responsibility then keep your lazy dishonorable butt out of the woods.

When people buy packaged meat from the grocery store, does that make them "lazy and dishonorable"?

If you are going to take that life then look it in the eye as it dies and take responsibility for the life you just took for the reason you took. Thank it for its sacrifice. Get out your knife and clean the mess you made. If you can't live up to that responsibility then keep your lazy dishonorable butt out of the woods.

When people buy packaged meat from the grocery store, does that make them "lazy and dishonorable"?

I believe so. Yes. But I do out of convenience like everyone else. We are eating at the sacrifice of another's blood. We need to keep it in mind IMO, however I don't obsess about it, just appreciate and admit that fact. What I am talking about is hunting as a sport. What is sporting about clicking a mouse and having something die in response? Nothing. Either play your video game or go hunting. Hunting isn't just about killing. It's about nature and tracking and skill and when you kill something, taking the messy responsibility for its death.

>Yeah it's pretty cheap and unsportsmanlike, but so is buying steak from a grocery store.

Most people who buy steak do so because they want to eat it, not because they want to ensure a cow is killed. It may indeed be unsportsmanlike of me to buy carrots in a wimpy bunch instead of ripping them from the ground with my powerful manly hands, but then again, I just want to eat them, not be a good sport about it.

I believe so. Yes. But I do out of convenience like everyone else. We are eating at the sacrifice of another's blood. We need to keep it in mind IMO, however I don't obsess about it, just appreciate and admit that fact. What I am talking about is hunting as a sport. What is sporting about clicking a mouse and having something die in response? Nothing. Either play your video game or go hunting. Hunting isn't just about killing. It's about nature and tracking and skill and when you kill something, taking the messy responsibility for its death.

...Or, I've got other things to do than raise livestock if I want a steak. If I recall my anthropology lessons, it's called specialization of labor. Some guy raises the livestock, others provide other goods/services.

Is one a lesser marksman if he doesn't load his own cartridges? Is one a lesser driver if he does not build his own car?

Your reasoning is faulted.

...Or, I've got other things to do than raise livestock if I want a steak. If I recall my anthropology lessons, it's called specialization of labor. Some guy raises the livestock, others provide other goods/services.

Is one a lesser marksman if he doesn't load his own cartridges? Is one a lesser driver if he does not build his own car?

My reasoning isn't faulty, your reading apparently is, what does hunting have to do with raising livestock. That wasn't my comparison at all. There is none. Internet hunters aren't raising livestock. They are clicking a mouse. Where is 'hunt' in that? What do they sportingly go out and hunt?

>Internet hunters aren't raising livestock. They are clicking a mouse.
>Where is 'hunt' in that? What do they sportingly go out and hunt?

Let's take a slightly different tack. Take a farm that raises venison for commercial sale to supermarkets. You start a video game that allows you to shoot them for a price; they're going to get butchered anyway. There's another hunter/butcher standing by to put the deer down quickly if someone just wings it.

Sure, it's not 'true' hunting. But where's the harm? No additional animals are being killed, and they are not suffering needlessly.

My reasoning isn't faulty, your reading apparently is, what does hunting have to do with raising livestock. That wasn't my comparison at all. There is none. Internet hunters aren't raising livestock. They are clicking a mouse. Where is 'hunt' in that? What do they sportingly go out and hunt?

You said yes to:

That led to my livestock example.