EBSB52

Damned liberals

For the people with shotguns: do you have another option for a close encounter in the bedroom when you are awakened by somebody at the end of the bed? I sure like having my wife's Smith and Wesson 5 shot .38 spl under the pillow in addition to standoff weapons.:)

I have 16 years of martial arts lessons, plus a dagger that is out of sight but within easy grasp, that I have trained with extensively and know how to use. At the moment, it's the only weapon I feel confident enough with in a fight that I know I know how to use it and won't simply be handing a weapon to my attacker. I think when you're not trained with a weapon, it's best not to have one, because you're probably more likely to have it taken from you by the attacker, and, if the attacker was unarmed, you've just armed him and made a bad situation a heck of a lot worse.

I don't own a handgun...yet. When I do, the dagger will probably be replaced with the handgun, once I feel as confident with it as I do the dagger. I'm looking at the Glock 17 or Glock 19... just have to save up the cash.

:)

For the people with shotguns: do you have another option for a close encounter in the bedroom when you are awakened by somebody at the end of the bed? I sure like having my wife's Smith and Wesson 5 shot .38 spl under the pillow in addition to standoff weapons.:)

I have 16 years of martial arts lessons, plus a dagger that is out of sight but within easy grasp, that I have trained with extensively and know how to use. At the moment, it's the only weapon I feel confident enough with in a fight that I know I know how to use it and won't simply be handing a weapon to my attacker. I think when you're not trained with a weapon, it's best not to have one, because you're probably more likely to have it taken from you by the attacker, and, if the attacker was unarmed, you've just armed him and made a bad situation a heck of a lot worse.

I don't own a handgun...yet. When I do, the dagger will probably be replaced with the handgun, once I feel as confident with it as I do the dagger. I'm looking at the Glock 17 or Glock 19... just have to save up the cash.

I admire you for your training and having a plan for now and the future. I always felt at ease knowing my wife had her pistol to protect herself and the girls when I was away.:)
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I wish I was paranoid all the time. That must be an awesome way to live.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you..."

A little yes. Enough to have a gun under pillow is not a little. Enough to feel that I need to carry a gun at all times is not either.

You make your judgment, let him make his, and we'll all be ok.

I like guns. I like shooting them. I don't need to carry one all the time though to feel safe.

Did anyone say they don't feel safe without a gun at hand?

I like having options, but that doesn't mean I can't get through the day without a platoon of Marines at my beck and call.

(hell, I go through most days in New Jersey severely limited in my options for self defense because of legislators whose bodyguards I must pay for)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Do you have problem with people preparing for emergencies, even though it is unlikely one will happen?

Do you believe people should be able to decide for themselves how to prepare for the worst case scenario?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Central London is not the best, but she has a nice house.

Pennsylvania Avenue, DC, is not too great either.

BOTH places would see a reduction in violent crime if they allowed law-abiding citizens the right to carry firearms.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I want to know what it says about my device dependency and risk management if I'm willing to skydiving without my guns and sleep without my Cypres?

I know a guy in Tennessee that goes underwater with his Glock.

:oreally?:o

I had a lot of respect for you BEFORE... now it's even higher...

Glocks are nice, very reliable and quite affordable. You can't go wrong w/ one of those "black guns." However, just for options, have you considered Kahr Arms? They make great stuff, more concealable than Glocks and better ergonomics but a little less mag capacity. Great if you have smaller hands (not that you do, but just in case). They come in stainless, polymer like Glocks, and in 9mm, .40 and this year .45. I used to have a K40 stainless, was very small and very light... and never a jam. Just a thought...

I used to have a K40 stainless, was very small and very light... and never a jam. Just a thought...

I like that you're a 1911 guy but don't bash Glocks.

I've had a Glock 17 for a while now, put about 14,000rds through it and I tell you what, its still fun to shoot, its still accurate and super reliable. I've had 1, only one malfunction with it, a casing stove-piped when I was dicking around at the range one day (I say "dicking around" because I wasn't holding the weapon in the proper stance and I was "limp armed/wristed" with it eating all the recoil, just seeing how it would shoot in different configurations).

With that said, I'm sad about my Kimber, the external ejector malfunctioned and I've got a gun smith replacing the spring right now. So I've been a couple of days with out it and I want it back. Why? Its a neat handgun, I just flat out like it...the weight, size, feel, sites, all in all its my favorite out of everything I've ever owned or shot.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I used to have a K40 stainless, was very small and very light... and never a jam. Just a thought...

I like that you're a 1911 guy but don't bash Glocks.

I've had a Glock 17 for a while now, put about 14,000rds through it and I tell you what, its still fun to shoot, its still accurate and super reliable. I've had 1, only one malfunction with it, a casing stove-piped when I was dicking around at the range one day (I say "dicking around" because I wasn't holding the weapon in the proper stance and I was "limp armed/wristed" with it eating all the recoil, just seeing how it would shoot in different configurations).

With that said, I'm sad about my Kimber, the external ejector malfunctioned and I've got a gun smith replacing the spring right now. So I've been a couple of days with out it and I want it back. Why? Its a neat handgun, I just flat out like it...the weight, size, feel, sites, all in all its my favorite out of everything I've ever owned or shot.:D

ya, I know what you mean... alot of 1911 guys bad mouth Glocks, but really, how can you argue w/ all the success that Gaston and his son has had? I mean millions and millions and millions of guns sold. So some think they're ugly and they don't like plastic and there is no external safety... aw f*ck 'em... if they only were more lefty-friendly, I'd probably have one... still thinking of getting a Glock 23 for a gun to stash... never have to worry about reliability.

but you're right... there's just something about a kimber... or some of the other custom/semi-custom 1911s...

BOTH places would see a reduction in violent crime if they allowed law-abiding citizens the right to carry firearms.

As I recall, the area of London around the Palace and Washington around the Whitehouse are better parts of their respective cities.

(and I try not to make comments about foreign cities due to the significant differences always present)
witty subliminal message
1*

sorry... I shoulda put that up when I recognized his work... Oleg and I live in the same city, but I've not had a chance to meet him personally yet. I did try to contact him once though, in hopes of trying to get him to make a huge billboard of one of his pieces to promote concealed carry in the state I live in.

His site is very well done. He's very gifted. thanks for the clicky.

still thinking of getting a Glock 23 for a gun to stash... never have to worry about reliability.

Glocks are awsome guns in terms of reliabiity no doubt. They also have a pretty severe grip angle and dont feel right with alot of people. There are alot of great guns on the market, but if you are looking for a inexpensive reliable gun, I would give serious look toward an SA XD-9 or XD-40. Great reliablilty, Lifetime warrenty, and a grip angle desinged for the 1911 fan. I have shot both the 9 and 40 a small amount(about 40 rounds each) and shot them very accurate in semi rapid fire shooting. I have seen them with a nylon holster and extra mag for just over $400. They are starting to be a serious competition for Glock in the LEO circles from what I have understand.

SA is an awesome company to deal with. I have a Loaded Operator 1911 from them and when I thought it was shooting a couple of inches low after my first shoot with it, they told me to send it back and they would make sure it was POA.
I wa very close to buying a Kimber before I picked this up and I don't regret my decision one bit. They are both awesome guns.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I'm personally not a XD fan, it just doesn't feel right in my hands. It shoots well and is a great weapon, just doesn't fit right.

*shrug*

I guess that's why we have more then one handgun on the market.:P

Every psychologist that has studied the problem recognizes that gun nuts suffer from feelings of sexual inadequacy and live in fear that some dude with eight inches of love muscle will steal their wives so they substitute their inadequacy with guns. Damn shameful.
Freefall Hall

Every psychologist that has studied the problem recognizes that gun nuts suffer from feelings of sexual inadequacy and live in fear that some dude with eight inches of love muscle will steal their wives so they substitute their inadequacy with guns. Damn shameful.

Yeah, right... whatever, dud..... oh, sorry... I mean 'dude'....

I guess the women that carry worry about THEIR dicks being too small, as well? :S
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I bet you drive a Hummer.

no, the guns aren't a substitute, they are for the "dude w/ 8 inches" when he comes to steal our wives... 2 in the chest 1 in the head.

I just told my fiance that and she laughed her ass off...ok, I guess that one doesn't apply here.B|

Why don't you just move to nice neighborhood, like mine?

Break-in's don't happen in "nice" neighborhoods?
Does the Queen of England live in a bad neighborhood?

Well, there you have it: another goofy definition from kallend.

The Queen of England has had someone break into her bedroom, despite massive security, and the nicest of surroundings.

So, by this standard, there is no such thing as a "nice neighborhood". Therefore, the way kallend is using this phrase is meaningless. If Buckingham Palace isn't safe for the Queen of England, then no citizen can be guaranteed safe in their regular homes and neighborhoods. And that shows that this idea of choosing "nice" neighborhoods to avoid crime is bunk.

Where would the list of "nice" neighborhoods be found? Who maintains it? How does a neighborhood qualify for the list? How do the criminals know to stay away from the neighborhoods on that list?

The fact is, crime can happen anywhere, to anyone, at any time.

And that means that owning a gun for self-defense can be a good idea.

And yet, kallend persists in this idea that we can somehow choose the right place to live and never have to worry about home break-ins, and therefore have no need for gun ownership...

If you feel unsafe going to bed without a gun at your bedside, I think you have just ipso facto defined your neighborhood as not nice.

I guess my car is unsafe too, because, ipso facto, it has an air bag.
And my house must be a fire hazard, because, ipso facto, I have a fire extinguisher....

Your logic is in reverse, or your grammar is.

I notice that you didn't bother to address your own bad logic.

Good try at a diversion!