Duckwater

Excecution of Iraq Chopper Shoot Down Survivor

Bodyguards and security personnel ARE NOT MILITARY!!!

No they are not, I think the word is 'Mercenary!!!'

(If anyone invaded my country I'd kill every one I could get my hands on and bollocks to taking prisoners.)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Bodyguards and security personnel ARE NOT MILITARY!!!

No they are not, I think the word is 'Mercenary!!!'

(If anyone invaded my country I'd kill every one I could get my hands on and bollocks to taking prisoners.)

Incorrect again - if they were OFFENSIVE combat troops, you would be at least *SOMEWHAT* correct.

They are no more "mercenaries" than the rent-a-cop at the local strip mall...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yea, right:S I take it you haven't had a look at their web site. If that what guards down the mall looked like there'd be no stealing at all. These men were Mercenary's. Take the dollar, take yer chances.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yea, right:S I take it you haven't had a look at their web site. If that what guards down the mall looked like there'd be no stealing at all. These men were Mercenary's. Take the dollar, take yer chances.

Acutally, I did look at the website.

They don't guard the mall, they may train the people that do though.

You can twist it as far as you want, but they were civilians.

"There's none so blind as they that won't see"

-Jonathan Swift
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

who brought down the civilian 'copter. Bummer, huh?

I believe there are no civilian helicopters in Iraq at the moment.

Among the dead were six American employees of the security firm Blackwater USA, three Bulgarian crew members and two Fijian security guards.

Blackwater USA is a cmpany that recruits mercenaries and hire them to the U.S. so i don´t know where you get that civilian BS.

"the commercial helicopter" was "owned and operated by Heli-Air Services, a Bulgarian subcontractor to SkyLink Air and Logistic Support under contract to Blackwater in support of a Department of Defense contract."

Yep, no chance of being civilian. Which make it in my opinion a legitimate target. Although executing the lone survivor was hideous IMO.

dude, your saying they are legit targets because they are dod contractors, the civilians in that work in the chow halls on the bases here are dod contractors, the guys that volunteer to be firefighters on bases over here are contractors, the guy that pumps my port a pottie is a contractor, are they legit targets. those contractors are non combatants they do not fall under combatant status, and black water does not hire mercs. they have contracts for site security(ie pulling guard on embassys and the like) and personal security(protecting political figures). far from mercs, get your facts straight before you open your mouth. oh and no chance of being civilian, a civilian is anyone not in the military, like these people were
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

so because they have the equipment and the means to protect themselves they are mercs, dude go look up mercenary in the dictionary. your definition of one is far off, and making you less credible every time you flap your gums
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Irq is no tourist resort at the moment. It is a war zone, I am sure you remember because it was the U.S who turned it into a war zone. So anybody who is in Iraq at the present time belong to the U.S side, the insurgents side, or a charitable organization like the red cross(and Blackwater is not one of them).
So in what side do you thing those guys from blackwater fall?

They are defending the same targets that the U.S is defending, they are ultimately being paid by the DoD, what do you want the insurgents to do, help them find the way back home, so they come back with reinforcements?

I see a huge double standard here :S

You have no clue about military protocols, the Geneva Conventions, and your hatred of America is showing.

The military protocols change day by day to suit the U.S goals, while the geneva convention is being disregarded altogether by the U.S.

Unlike you, may personal feelings towards this or that country does not stop me from distinguising right from wrong.

The military protocols change day by day to suit the U.S goals, while the geneva convention is being disregarded altogether by the U.S.

More BS as normal...do you get tired always trying to bash the US?

Unlike you, may personal feelings towards this or that country does not stop me from distinguising right from wrong.

Correct. My first reaction is to seek the truth, yours is to find a way to bash the US.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I think you may be a little uneducated on the differences. I have read much of the Koran out of curiousity, and almost all of the bible. The Koran is full of hate towards Christians and Jews. This is one of the major focuses of it's teachings. It also appears the Koran was written by lawyers, because many of the rules in it are vague, and always finish with the quote "except with just cause." What is "just cause?" This leaves a very open and dangerous interpretation. The bible on the other hand is very specific and if you actually read it you find that it's flawless in its consistency.

You may actually enjoy reading the Koran because you seem to hate Christians so much. I'm not sure what is so harmful about Christianity. Jesus the centerpiece of Chrisianity did nothing but love everybody. Sinners are the ones who loved Jesus the most because he loved them back, and spent almost all of his time with them. This is what Christianity is all about. You are just as big of a zealot trying to "evangelize" people towards agnosticism. Everybody believes something, and when you feel strongly about it you tell others. That is fundamental Christianity. What is so dangerous about that!!

I've installed door knobs that made more sense than some of your posts.

Strike one against Botellines!!

More BS as normal...do you get tired always trying to bash the US?

Strike 2!!

Correct. My first reaction is to seek the truth, yours is to find a way to bash the US.

Strike 3!!! And Botellines is outa there!!!

100% of Muslim terrorists would agree with your position.

100% of catholic terrorists would agree with me had the guy been wearing a turban.

Not so, because if the guy HAD been wearing a turban, you'd be crucifying the US, as usual.

But since the victims were US allies -- they suddenly became "legitimate targets". Each to his own beliefs, but don't pretend to be fair minded about any of this.

. . =(_8^(1)

Irq is no tourist resort at the moment. It is a war zone, I am sure you remember because it was the U.S who turned it into a war zone.

MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Actually being in Iraq at the moment silly little details like that completely slip my mind, silly me I'd loose my head if it wasn't attached!!

So anybody who is in Iraq at the present time belong to the U.S side, the insurgents side, or a charitable organization like the red cross(and Blackwater is not one of them).
So in what side do you thing those guys from blackwater fall?

They fall under the category of noncombatants, they are not allowed to actively pursue the enemy for any reason, and they don't, i see the blackwater guys every day. They are allowed to defend themselves, that is the only reason a blackwater employee would be engaged with the enemy. Look it up in the Geneva convention, the definition of a lawful combatant.

And again, you say there are 3 sides, terrorists, US, and charity, so i'm going to ask you this question again, is the little Iraqi guy that pumps my sh$t every day a legitimate target because his paycheck comes from the US. According to you he is.

They are defending the same targets that the U.S is defending, they are ultimately being paid by the DoD, what do you want the insurgents to do, help them find the way back home, so they come back with reinforcements?***

Nobody ever said they expected the insurgents to help them find their way home, I believe I speak for the majority of the people here when I say we were expressing our disgust for them killing a man who was plainly surrendering and begging for help(hands up=surrender/ don't kill me)

And I know you are going to bring up the incident with the guy playing dead in fallujah, so lets address that beforehand and save you the trouble of arguing a completely unsimilar incident. Marines are killed searching insurgents playing dead, Marines find another insurgent playing dead, there is no sign of surrender only signs of deception. I'm not going to argue whether that Marine is right or wrong that is for another thread, but don't try and compare the two.

I see a huge double standard here :S

Funny cause you are the only one, where is this double standard you speak of?
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I think you may be a little uneducated on the differences.

Not at all. I have read the koran twice.

The Koran is full of hate towards Christians and Jews

Yes it is. The christian bible is also very specific about what to do with infidels.

It also appears the Koran was written by lawyers, because many of the rules in it are vague, and always finish with the quote "except with just cause." What is "just cause?"

The koran was written by Arabic speaking poets. There are many things that simply have no direct translation to modern english. You also have to take into account Arab desert culture to better understand the way things are written.

The bible on the other hand is very specific and if you actually read it you find that it's flawless in its consistency.

I am having a very hard time writing this while not hysterically laughing. There are so many inconsistencies, errors and contradictions in the christian bible that I can only conclude that you have never read the text. I have read the thing and can only conclude that it is a collection of writings, multiply translated, assembled by a committee and passed off as the literal word of god by people who don't even speak or understand the original language that it was written in. Yet this is supposed to be the final authority on all morality? Please.
:|

You may actually enjoy reading the Koran because you seem to hate Christians so much.

Nope, I don't hate christians in particular. Why do you say that? If I hated christians, I'd be acting against them. Instead I leave them alone. I wish they would give me the same courtesy. I don't knock on people's doors and tell them they are unworthy unless they share the same middle eastern desert mythology that I do. I don't try to get the government to enforce the will of my mythology on the population as a whole. I don't have sex and abuse scandals erupting daily out of any of the secular organizations that I belong to. Yet, according to you and your allies, I am immoral. How do you come to that conclusion?

You are just as big of a zealot trying to "evangelize" people towards agnosticism

Not even close. I am happy to let others do all the things that their religion tells them to do. You want to go to church X number of times per week? Go for it. You want to follow the ancient biblical laws? Have a blast. You want to treat women and children like chattel? (As it say to do in the bible) Knock yourself out. I draw the line at my front door and the front door of the government. You don't have the right to use the government to advance your religion. The constitution says that, the supreme court backs it up. The church and state MUST be separate. That is the only thing that has kept us from becoming just like the third world states that breed the most violent terrorists. Any government that arms itself with the power of god must be feared and must be destroyed.

Jesus the centerpiece of Chrisianity did nothing but love everybody. Sinners are the ones who loved Jesus the most because he loved them back, and spent almost all of his time with them

Let's say for the moment that your mythological character, Jesus, actually existed in history. (There is no evidence outside the realm of religious texts to support the existence of a real Jesus.) Are we really to believe that jewish rabble rouser, who advocated insurrection, who ran with criminals, hookers and tax collectors and was barbarically executed is the wellspring of all goodness and light? Come on, not even little kids will buy that one.

By the way, if this guy was killed by crucifixion, went to hell and then rose, where is the dead part? Seems to me he was pretty much alive the whole time.

That is fundamental Christianity. What is so dangerous about that!!

What is so dangerous about that is that people get killed over that. People fly airplanes into buildings over that. People bomb medical clinics over that. People kill doctors over that. People attempt genocide over that. People justify mass rape over that. People justify all manner of brutality over that. Fundamental religion, of any stripe, is a threat to peace and harmony. Everywhere religion goes, death, strife and suffering follow in its wake.

In the end, I am no threat to you. You are a threat to me.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

This argument could go on forever with more time that I would ever have, but I'm not sure why you feel the bible encourages any of these terrible things you've described. I guess you make it into what you want it to be, same with your opinion on Jesus, even though there are many more writings than just the bible that speak of His life.
I do apologize for accusing you of your hate towards Christians. It was the impression I received from your first post. I will probably never understand why anybody thinks Christianity is so dangerous.

I will probably never understand why anybody thinks Christianity is so dangerous.

The dark ages, the crusades, the inquisition, the holocaust, censorship, repression and clinic bombings have something to do with it.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

The Catholics were responsible for the inquisition, which I think are their own religion and shouldn't be classified as fundamental Christianity because over half of their doctrine is nowhere to be found in the bible.
Maybe I didn't pay enough attention in history class, but my studies were that Hitler was an evolutionist, I had no idea the holocaust had anything to do with religion.
The clinic bombings could fall under any religion or anybody that believes they are justified to kill someone that is performing abortions.
The crusades, ok I'll give you that one, but that was a extremely long time ago, and I've never heard any Christian or any church ever say that this was in any way justified. Someone could go out tomorrow and kill 100 people because they wouldn't convert to buddism. Although buddism would never support this, Christianity doesn't either.

"You can't fly an airplane drunk, it's not like driving a car."