SkyDekker

CBC view on political divisiveness in US media

Granted the CBC is certainly a left leaning network, but certain parts of this show are very funny, some certainly opened my eyes.

I wasn't very familiar with Ann Coulter, never realized she regards every liberal like the enemy. Interestingly enough, the show continues on showing she doesn't always know what she is talking about. Her only response.....name calling.

Bill O'Reilly unfortunately never took them up on a request for an interview, since that would have been very amusing. But he appears to making up his own publications, and his own statistics. No spin zone indeed......

Al Franken crying, which was pretty entertaining as well.

There are some claims in the show that state that the US has not been this divided since the civil war.

Anyways, for those interested in taking a small glimpse into what others see and think about the US, take a look here:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/sticksandstones.html

Ann Coulter is a disgrace to all reasonable republicans (no I don't want to hear how there are no reasonable ones). The woman makes a living off of hating people for their political affiliation and making sure that we stay separate. the worst thing that could happen for her would be for the political parties to come to a compromise. She is not interested in a stronger America. She is interested in a stronger bankroll.

She makes me want to retch.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

She went on to cspan and indicated that she really meant that many canadians joined the US military to go to Vietnam and that the interviewer (the one for CBC) obviously didn't know that since he is such a bubblehead.

I know the whole episode is something like 42 minutes, but it really is worth watching.

There are some claims in the show that state that the US has not been this divided since the civil war.

Personally,I think it is a Canadian plot to polarize the American people,sow the seeds of divisiveness and then step in and take over:o:P

Kind of a pre-emptive strike,get to the US before we can take over Canada.......Eh?:D:P

D'oh.........you see definitive proof........it's already started.......oh no were doomed......Eh?

And now I have this powerful craving for Labatt's ;):D

Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Ville de Montreal so I can learn what political unity is all about.

Then I think I'll take a trip to Belfast...

mmm, nothing like splitting a country right down the middle (or slightly to the right thereof or way right or...dammit you know what I mean). :D[:/]:S

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Ville de Montreal so I can learn what political unity is all about.

There was nowhere in the piece that claimed that there was or is political unity in Canada. Though, I would venture to guess, specifically in the Quebec issue, that we got closer together - politically - and I doubt the same can be said for the US.

enlightning response though.

The vote for secession in 1995 was something like 51 percent no and 49 percent yes. It was a narrow loss or victory.

Now, the term "Red state Blue state" has entered the lexicon. Are we Americans any more divided than we always have been?

I do not believe so. In fact, I believe that with the incredible advances in media, we are just more aware of it. So is the world.

Another vote on the Quebec issue may show that you guys are closer together. Yet, We may look to say that we are less divided than in 2000, when the presidential election was so close.

Why the hell is political division a bad thing? I think it's wonderful. Political division does not exist in dictatorships. The more the better.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I saw this program the other day as well, good stuff on Fox and the other wings of the GOP marketing machine. I'm very pleased with CBC's programming, this is stuff you just don't see on most other channels, somewhat disturbing in itself...
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

Ann Coulter is a disgrace to all reasonable republicans (no I don't want to hear how there are no reasonable ones). The woman makes a living off of hating people for their political affiliation and making sure that we stay separate. the worst thing that could happen for her would be for the political parties to come to a compromise. She is not interested in a stronger America. She is interested in a stronger bankroll.

Well said!

Phil

At least left wing Americans don't have to pay taxes to support Foxnews. I, on the other hand, get to pay taxes to support that, Toronto as the centre of the universe, bigotry against the yanks is ok because, well you know, their kind of stunned, Liberal Party of Canada claptrap. The CBC (AKA the Mothercorp) is a disease.

At least left wing Americans don't have to pay taxes to support Foxnews. I, on the other hand, get to pay taxes to support that, Toronto as the centre of the universe, bigotry against the yanks is ok because, well you know, their kind of stunned, Liberal Party of Canada claptrap. The CBC (AKA the Mothercorp) is a disease.

And now you understand one of the reasons why I left Canada back in '98. I got tired of how the Liberals of the East oppressed the people of the West for so many years. The CBC does occasionally produce some brilliant programming (and of course there was always Hockey Night in Canada before the strike). But they also have their own political agenda fueled by those who feed them in Ontario and Quebec.
:S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Just because it's not tax supported doesn't mean Americans don't support Fox with resources. The broadcast spectrum is a finite resource, and Rupert Murdoch has a very large share of it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But they also have their own political agenda fueled by those who feed them in Ontario and Quebec.

So are you saying that the Manitoba plowbows and the plains 'chuks are not the target demographic of CBC? Who'da thunk.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Every citizen of Canada feeds the CBC regardless of whether or not they like them. But there is no secret that Ontario and Quebec control the polical destiny of Canada and all other provinces are powerless.

On a footnote, I'm not a big fan of Fox News and their bias reporting (even though they claim otherwise). But you have to admit that their programming is a whole lot more entertaining than the other cable news networks. I often don't agree with him, but I respect Bill O'Reilly. On the other hand I love to hate Sean Hannity for his ultra conservative religious views. But then again Fox News is doing something right by having guys like Hannity and Combs since they bring a certain flair (albeit a trashy version) to their programming that the other cable news networks can't duplicate. I don't know if I'm making sense here though. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Every citizen of Canada feeds the CBC regardless of whether or not they like them. But there is no secret that Ontario and Quebec control the polical destiny of Canada and all other provinces are powerless.

On a footnote, I'm not a big fan of Fox News and their bias reporting (even though they claim otherwise). But you have to admit that their programming is a whole lot more entertaining than the other cable news networks. I often don't agree with him, but I respect Bill O'Reilly. On the other hand I love to hate Sean Hannity for his ultra conservative religious views. But then again Fox News is doing something right by having guys like Hannity and Combs since they bring a certain flair (albeit a trashy version) to their programming that the other cable news networks can't duplicate. I don't know if I'm making sense here though. :)

It may be interesting but it makes me sad.

What I want is for all the pundits, talking heads, political hacks, and hosts from ALL the cable new channels to sit on a stage and let Jon Stewart tear into them just like he did on Crossfire. That was awesome.