Skyrad

Would you leave the USA?

So how do you feel about living in the US since 9/11 have the events changed how you feel?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

this land is our land. i wouldn't leave for anyone, or anything. i have traveled extensively throughout my work endeavours and assignments. but a resounding "NO" i would never leave.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Last year while in Norway, I was attending a party when suddenly, the cops showed up, grabed several people out of the crowd and pissed tested them right there and then. I thought to my self, I guess I'm not in kansas anymore.
The rest of the world is a nice place to visit, but I'm not sure I'd want to live there

Perhaps you could add this choice to your poll selections.
I'm proud to be an American and I wish everyone would stop trying to make me feel bad about it.

I like that choice...I would have voted that way if it were an option....:)
~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Remember, there are also other people in other countries that feel the same way ..... but when someone kicks dow their door, they try to defend themselves and are they're often called terrorists!:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

left usa.

here in thailand we have beaches, 7% beer, pretty, brown skinned, girls with big.. smiles..

and...

incumbent politicians who buy elections from uninformed populace, oil scandals, etc, unchecked police power, rampant racism and class conflict... but it is all above board, on the table.

but mostly.. good food, nice people and mosquitos.

i like thailand. for now.
namaste, motherfucker.

I'm proud to be an American and I wish everyone would stop trying to make me feel bad about it.

That's what I would have voted, but I didn't vote because I didn't agree with any of the choices.

The USA is certainly not perfect, but if anyone can show me a truly perfect place to live then I might consider it (but I'm pretty sure that no such place exists).

left usa.

here in thailand we have beaches, 7% beer, pretty, brown skinned, girls with big.. smiles..

and...

incumbent politicians who buy elections from uninformed populace, oil scandals, etc, unchecked police power, rampant racism and class conflict... but it is all above board, on the table.

Too bad we can't get any of that here. Oh wait. On second thought....

If it got to the point where I felt that the US had completely abandoned the principles set forth by the constitution, to the point where it was virtually unrecoverable, I'm out of here. However, we're not at that point yet, and I hope we never will be. My loyalty isn't to the land of the USA, but to the principles it was founded on. If those principles no longer existed, the USA, as it was founded, would no longer exist either. It would be a very different, very scary place.

At the moment, I'm not embarrassed by my country, although i am sometimes embarrassed by its leader.

That's what I would have voted, but I didn't vote because I didn't agree with any of the choices.

The USA is certainly not perfect, but if anyone can show me a truly perfect place to live then I might consider it (but I'm pretty sure that no such place exists).

Two of the best answers so far...I completely agree...and so do some of my friends who left their countries of origin to come to the USA and build a better life for themselves...I have been told on several occasions that I am one lucky woman for being born here...I try to remember that when I get pissed off at politicians and stupidity in our government...B|...

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Oh how terrible the U.S. is? We should all be self loathing, Michel Moore loving ex patriots.
Fuck that!!!!
Ya know Sky rad, I was watching A fish called Wanda the other day and after reading this thread started by you, I can't help but to recall one of the lines in the movie.

"If it weren't for the U.S. you'd be speaking German right now."

How soon the memory fades

Memories on what?

Sleeping in the 'under ground' to keep from
being bombed!

Me? When?
You were there? Wake up, man. It's the year 2005.
Welcome to the new world.

Herzlich Willkommen.

Christel

Those who do not remember the mistakes of the past...!

Actually I like your country...
My dad gave me a chunk of it that he brought home
when he fought there...a section of the black stone from the Bridge at Remagen...

He really liked Germany too...
In fact, we might even be related! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Those who do not remember the mistakes of the past...!

.... are doing the same old mistakes still today: Just have a look on the battle fields in the world.

The US seems not to learn. They want others to do but, refuse to take any advantage of the past. What a pity. Could cost them a lot.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105