ryoder

Spanish Muslims Issue Fatwa Against Bin Laden

***Your post is as representative of Muslims as this one is of Americans***

I think you missed the point.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

***Your post is as representative of Muslims as this one is of Americans***

No, I noticed your point - and I also noticed your customary America-bash underneath...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

For a superpower its a place with a very fragile ego. Anyway, its not a crime to bash America, so long as one doesn't bash Americans. :D
The difference between America and Europe is that America is yet to learn how to laugh at itself, which is a pity as theres alot to of comedy material there.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Your post is as representative of Muslims as this one is of Americans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I noticed your point - and I also noticed your customary America-bash underneath...

I don't think he really meant it. I think he was just trying to demonstrate how wrong it is to make blanket negative statements about an entire group of people based on a few assholes.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Your post is as representative of Muslims as this one is of Americans.

If you would research the sites that I listed you would find that this attitude among Muslims is not isolated to a few small groups. They are also not just exercising their right of free speech. When the KKK goes beyond exercising free speech and starts committing violence then we act to stop it. This Muslim ideology of hate and killing of innocent people is being perpetuated by a large portion of Imams, Muslim scholars, and Islamic religious leaders in the Arab world. After 9/11 they immediately started trying to blame Israel without any evidence. The majority of Imams have not come out and denounced the attacks on 9/11 nor have they denounced the terrorism in Israel or other parts of the world. There are a few exceptions, mostly for public relations opportunities, but no religious decrees (fatwas).

The KKK is an organization that I don't agree with and it has done some bad things in the past on American soil. But lets start listing the racist, terrorist groups that Islam has spawned:

Hamas
Hezballah
Al-Quaida
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (Now the Yasser Arafat Martyrs Bridage)
Harkat-i-Islami
Palestinian Islamic Jihad
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
Gama'a Islamiya
Iqwan Al-muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood)
al-Jihad
Egyptian Islamic Group
Ansar al-islam
Abu Nidal Organization
Fatah
Usbat Al Ansar
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)

.................I can continue if you would like.

As far as Abu Hamza not being a popular Imam, you need to check your facts. His mosque was one of the largest in London and Muslims from all over the world visited it. He still has a tremendous amount of supporters. You need to check your facts:

It (referring to Finsbury Park Mosque) is one of London's largest mosques, with room for up to 2,000 men and 100 women. Some simply come to worship, others take part in classes in Muslim culture, Arabic and the Koran.

Shoe-bomber Richard Reid, who tried to blow up a flight from Paris to Miami in December 2001, and Zacharias Moussaoui, the so-called 20th hijacker on 11 September, both visited the mosque for a time.

Controversial figure

There is nothing unusual in attending the mosque - it is open to casual visitors and most Muslims who have lived in the area for some time will probably have been there at some point.

Overall responsibility for the running of the mosque lies with a committee of leading community figures. But as one of the imams, Sheikh Abu Hamza plays a leading role.

The original text is from here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2675857.stm

Even so, I listed more than just the radical beliefs spouted by Abu Hamza. These beliefs are not isolated to just a few outcast Muslims.

It pisses me off that you all have the cheek to breath without appologising for your crimes against the innocent people of the world. 9/11 was a small amount of deaths compared to the murder of inocent civilians that America has committed before and after 9/11.

The fact that we have done things wrong in the past or will do things wrong in the future does not make this radical ideology among many major Muslim leaders any more justified. Lets not forget the UK's checkered past or its major hand in dividing up the Middle East and getting all of this crap started.

By the tone of your posts this debate must really be bothering you.:)
Correction from an earlier post: Maktab al-jihad is the 'office of jihad' not the 'book of jihad'.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

it would have been nice if they had joined america in condemning terrorism back when the work to rid the world of terrorism (at least in afghanistan and iraq) was being done.

But they will not do that. Many people, muslims and not muslims do not believe that what is being done in Irak has anything to do with terrorism.
After the twin towers terrorist attack, U.S retaliate against afghanistan, people where not too happy, but it was somewhat understandable. After that, and using up all the political capital the U.S had gotten after the terrorist attack, the U.S decided to pursue their own interest in the middle east. It doesn´t matter that one of your goals may be to free the iraquis or some other altruistic goals, the fact is that you have other goals that are not altruistic at all. Now, muslims are quite pride people, and they do not like that at all. That is why they will not mention the twin towers or america, although i am sure they condemn the lost of any innocent life (and they said that in their fatwa)
I think that if the Irak war had not happened you guys would have much more support from the non-radical islamic community.

Many people, muslims and not muslims do not believe that what is being done in Irak has anything to do with terrorism.

Even before the Iraqi war they were not supporting us. It is a convenient excuse now but it's not the real reason. Before UBL admitted to the attacks they cooked up conspiracy theories (some still do) to explain it away and maintain their hatred of the US. and Israel. Now they blame Iraq. Before Afghanistan it was, and still is, our support of Israel and, for UBL, the fact that Infidel Armies set foot in the Muslim holy cities (first Gulf War). They blame everything on external factors and fail to consider that they may be responsible for some of their own problems. Is this all Muslims?; no, but it is an extremely large portion.

Many of these groups I mentioned earlier have goals of the complete destruction of Israel (not just a Palestinian State) and the implementation of Shareeah law (Koranic law) in the Middle East (first) and then the entire world. If you are not Muslim you are Kuffir and, according to the Koran, shall be killed unless you pay Jaziah (a religious tax) to the Muslim government.

Verse from the Koran:

Slay those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and his apostle have forbidden, and who do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay jaziah out of hand and are utterly subdued Surah Al-Tawbah (Repentence), Ayah 29,

So, you can try to appease these radicals but it is going to turn out bad in the end.

I don't know a single muslim who supports Bin Laden. Have you met anyone who supports him?

Yes.

You must have a very low opinion of muslims.

Nope. Not at all.

I need to take far more time with this thread and read through some of the links (I don't have all of them.)...that being said, I'd like to say two things here.

1. The Spanish muslims decrying OBL and AQ is a wonderful step, and should absolutely be supported. While the country has taken some action with which I disagree, that doesn't mean that they should always do everything I (or my country) wish. We are powerful enough to have made a statement (!!!) about 9/11...and iirc, when 9/11 happened, Spain stood solidly with us. While the country has since taken action which I wish they hadn't (as a result of the train bombings a year ago), the muslims do not run the country. Because of that, I think that the statement or fatwah from them is incredibly important, as it's the public making itself known; hopefully the government of Spain will listen to them.

2. I wish you all would stop bonking Skyrad. He's actually pretty fair minded about things. While I don't agree with him on some things, he almost always backs things up, and is a worthwhile voice with a different opinion about things. Hearing and listening to differing viewpoints is instrumental in seeing all sides of things, and thus having a "fair and balanced" opinion (;););)) on things.

Thanks for the links, and this is a very interesting thread.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Ahhh.....Thanks Michele, thats really sweet of you. (Though truth be told mnealtx is right I haven't been 'bonked' for months!) ;)

Language...Vive La differance! :D
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

What about Christian Terrorists? I don't hear you or anyone else condeming them.

Using the warped logic of the Islamophobic posts in here I've come up with post proving that Christian terror stems from a Christian relegion that worships a god of hate and intolerance. That it is in the Bible that homosexuals should be murdered and that Christ condemed himself as a man who came to earth to turn families against themselves. Christ wants martyrs who will recive paradise in exchange for martyrdom. And Christians want to kill everyone whos not a Christian.

First piece of evidence just some of the many Christian terrorist groups around the world both Prod and Catholic...

ETA
Continuity Army Council
Cumann na mBan
Fianna na hEireann
Irish National Liberation Army
Irish People's Liberation Organisation
Irish Republican Army
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Orange Volunteers
Red Hand Commando
Red Hand Defenders
Saor Eire
Ulster Defence Association
Ulster Freedom Fighters
Ulster Volunteer Force
Catholic Reaction Force (CRF)
God's Army
Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Irish Republican Army (IRA) - Continuity
Irish Republican Army (IRA) - New
Irish Republican Army (IRA) - Provisional
Irish Republican Army (IRA) - Real
Lord's Resistance Army (LRA)
SLA - South Lebanese Army
Christian Identity group,
the Covenant,
The Sword and the Arm of the Lord (CSA),
NLFT National Liberation Front of Tripura
NSCN
Nagaland for Christ

The Christian God is a God of hate....
These verses taken from the bible!

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Christians abuse children and their God wants them to!

Proverbs 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

More from the God of hate!

Leviticus 20:23 - And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
Leviticus 26:30 - And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
Deuteronomy 32:19 - And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
Psalm 5:5 - The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psalm 5:6 - Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
Psalm 10:3 - For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
Psalm 11:5 - The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Psalm 53:5 - There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.
Psalm 73:20 - As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
Psalm 78:59 - When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:
Psalm 106:40 - Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.
Proverbs 6:16-19 - These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 22:14 - The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
Lamentations 2:6 - And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.
Hosea 9:15 - All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
Zechariah 11:8 - Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.
Malachi 1:3 - And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Romans 9:13 - As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

The real reason Jesus came to earth, all that nonsence about him being the prince of peace:S

34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother, a daughterinlaw against her motherinlaw–
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.’
37“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Mathew 10:34-39

Don't be fooled Christians CELEBRATED 9/11!

Don't be fooled Christians CELEBRATED the destruction of Columbia!

Christians HATE AMERICA and FREEDOM!

Want proof? Check this out!

[URL]http://www.godhatesamerica.com/html/91101.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.godhatesamerica.com/html/Columbia.html[/URL]

Christians follow a religion of hate!

[URL]http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html[/URL]

Christian terrorists kill Doctors and Nurses just doing their jobs using shotguns and car bombs. Do you hear a wave of comdemnation:S The vast majority of Christians support these actions, I know I've met many.

[URL]http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/or-hate.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A1196-2003Jun1?language=printer[/URL]

[URL]http://ethnikoi.org/terror.html[/URL]

[URL]http://bethuneinstitute.org/documents/cift.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/mcveigh/part06.htm[/URL]

Don't believe there LIES about being a religion of peace they worship a God of hate who tells them to kill what he hates. He hates America, They hate America, They hate you and they won't be happy until they've infested the entire world with their hate filled religion of violence. They want to ram thier God down your throat, ever had a Muslim banging on your door wanting to talk about Allah?

As the Christians say repent or die!
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

we have a different view of what's going on in the world right now. the thing that we have in common is skydiving. the thing that we don't have in common is wisdom. apparently, europe has it and we lowly americans don't. ...we'll see.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

You still don't get it do you. What I'm saying is simply that because there are a terrorist groups that claim to kill in the name of Allah doesn't mean that all, most, or even alot of Muslims support terrorism or what happened on 9/11. Just as because there are alot of Terrorist groups who claim to kill in the name of a Christian God doesn't mean that All, most, or even alot of Christians support terrorism or what the Alliance has done in Iraq.
Ultimatly one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. If we were to exterminate all terrorists then Nelson Mandela, Pope John Paul II, Ariel Sharron (along with alot of Isreali prime ministers), Gerry Adams, Martin McGuiness would all be dead.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I don't have to rely on second hand material to see how many people support Abu Hamza, I've seen with my own eyes at finsbury Park Mosque and its a very small amount. He is dispised amoung British Muslims and I should know as I was brought up in the comunity and still am in the community.
As for the quote from me, you quote me out of contex. but I do get fed up of hearing such ill informed and prejudice views that are either unfounded or based on biased or fictitious information spouted as if they were factual.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

First piece of evidence just some of the many Christian terrorist groups around the world both Prod and Catholic...

Many of these groups you are claiming are 'Christian' are actually Nationalistic groups. Just because you are white does not mean you are Christian. You haven't heard me bad mouth Arabs have you? The most vocal critics of Muslims I have ever talked to were Egyptian Coptic Christians. You should hear the stories they tell of how the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt treats them. I'm sure you would be surprised. I've got a good friend who is an Allawis Muslim. The Muslim Brotherhood killed a large portion of his family in Lebanon. He won't agree with your 'small minority' theory either. Most of these 'Christian' groups you mentioned don't claim to be doing the work of God as all of the Muslim terrorist groups I mentioned do. They just come from a group with a Christian background. Nice try though. (BTW, it's Protestant with a 't')

You do know that the CSA has not been active since 1985 when the FBI raided their compound and arrested the leaders. I guess you also know that the group never killed anyone. That's just the one I know off of the top of my head. All of the Muslim groups I listed are currently active and have killed people in terrorist actions.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

This verse is from the history of the Jewish nation. The judgement was the judgement laid out at the time based upon law handed down by God. Since Jesus died on the cross we don't follow these laws anymore. These verses also detailed sacrifice requirements etc. Jesus was the last blood sacrifice to God. The main difference between this verse and the one I quoted is that Christians aren't killing people or stealing from the government (Jaziah) and using this verse to claim it is 'God's will' that they die.

Proverbs 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

I'm sure you see how much you are stretching this verse so I won't bother to comment much. Thsi verse is about disciplining a child to teach him/her right from wrong.

More from the God of hate!

The Christian God can be vengeful. At least God's not telling his followers to slay those who do not believe or pay jaziah.

34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother, a daughterinlaw against her motherinlaw–
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.’
37“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Mathew 10:34-39

You are really trying hard to misunderstand the Bible. Jesus is saying that you must put God before everything and every person in your life. Nice try though.

Now, please explain to me how I have misinterpreted the verses from the Koran that I quoted. So far you have defended Muslims by attacking first America and now the Christian Bible. You have denied sources that I have provided without giving any proof to your statements and you have accused me of being Islamophobic. I understand the tactic you are using and it stems from a vehement denial of the truth. The truth is that there isa problem within the Muslim community. I have had lengthy discussions with local moderate Imams and they are more willing to admit it than you are. In fact I was quite surprised with their honesty. There is more to this problem than just a few outcasts and America is not the cause. America is just an excuse. Your statements on this board have well shown that you blame America more for the problems in the Middle East than you blame the rulers.

How many times have you bad mouthed Syria and Hezballah for the occupation of Lebanon for the past 20+ years? Compare that with how many times you have badmouthed the US for occupying Iraq. What about the keeping of Palestinians in refugee camps in Lebanon and Jordan instead of letting them live like the regular citizens. They are treated like 2nd class citizens in both those countries. But that issue is not raised. Muslims don't want to bad mouth Muslims.

As far as the Christian sites you listed: these sites are different from the ones I listed in one significan area. These group's members have not strapped bombs to themselves and detonated them among a group of innocent people in order to further their cause. These groups are not recruiting people or supporting people in those endeavors. They are exercising their right to free speech. Many extremist Islamic groups have taken this a step further. They have started actively recruiting and supporting people to go out and kill people. That is a problem and it is not isolated.

As for the quote from me, you quote me out of contex. but I do get fed up of hearing such ill informed and prejudice views that are either unfounded or based on biased or fictitious information spouted as if they were factual.

Two questions:
(1) What quote are you talking about. I've re-read my posts and don't see a quote I could have possibly taken out of context.

(2) What information did I provide that was not factual and how is it not factual? Please provide more information than 'I just know'.

I am actually well informed of the Muslim community. I'm in it every day and have traveled extensively to and lived in the Middle East. I am not prejudiced against Muslims or Arabs and really love the culture and am currently learning the language. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and it has been noted. But, I believe that these extremist beliefs are a pervasive problem within the Muslim community and that these fundamentalist beliefs are holding the Muslim community back economically and politically. I also believe that there is widespread denial about this problem within the Muslim community. Anytime anyone brings it up they are immediately accused of being prejudiced, racist, or kuffir who will burn in hell. Gee, wonder where I get that idea from?

Clearly you haven't got a clue! I give up.

(BTW, it's Protestant with a 't')

Not in NI. Guess you don't know half as much as you think you do. But bugger all this, i hope you have an awesome next jump.

Blue Skies! J
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

> At least God's not telling his followers to slay those who do not
> believe or pay jaziah.

Exodus 34:11 "...behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite. Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee: But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

Numbers 31:1-18

And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying:"Take vengeance on the Midianites for the children of Israel. Afterward you shall be gathered to your people." ., . .

And they warred against the Midianites, just as the LORD commanded Moses, and they killed all the males. They killed the kings of Midian with the rest of those who were killed--Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba, the five kings of Midian. Balaam the son of Beor they also killed with the sword. And the children of Israel took the women of Midian captive, with their little ones, and took as spoil all their cattle, all their flocks, and all their goods. They also burned with fire all the cities where they dwelt, and all their forts. And they took all the spoil and all the booty--of man and beast. . . .

And Moses said to them: "Have you kept all the women alive? Look, these women caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the LORD in the incident of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately.

----------------------------------------------

So, a clear command from the second most powerful prophet in the bible to kill all the men in a tribe that trespassed against the lord, kill all the children, and all the women except the virgins, which are to be reserved for the 'use' of the conquerors.

What does this mean? Not much. The bible was written a long time ago, in an age we don't understand, and was altered by a great many people with a great many objectives. It's as silly to claim that the bible is a book of death as it is to claim that the koran encourages terrorism. Both statements are generally made by people who stand to gain by fomenting hatred against one religion or another.

I don't know a single muslim who supports Bin Laden. Have you met anyone who supports him?

I have met MANY muslims right here in Puget Sound who have either voiced outright support for him, or have given him a pass, claiming that the US gov't committed 9/11 and blamed him.

How did I meet these people? Not by choice! The non-profit I worked at last year had a deal with a firm that channeled people from Ethiopia, Somalia and other armpits in the Horn of Africa to Seattle.

One of them even dressed like him - tall, skinny, bearded, same headgear.

Edit. You know why.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yeah, people usually use the Old Testament to bash Christianity, conveniently forgetting that it's based upon the New.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

> Yeah, people usually use the Old Testament to bash Christianity,
> conveniently forgetting that it's based upon the New.

Hmm! So it's your position that you should not take certain sections of the bible 100% seriously, because they're old or no longer relevant? Interesting. Think that just might be the case with some parts of the Koran as well?

> Yeah, people usually use the Old Testament to bash Christianity,
> conveniently forgetting that it's based upon the New.

Hmm! So it's your position that you should not take certain sections of the bible 100% seriously, because they're old or no longer relevant? Interesting. Think that just might be the case with some parts of the Koran as well?

Oh damn! ZING!!! Someone walked right into that. :D

I do not need to look to the Old Testament to bash Christianity. Instead I could refer to the Crusades or The Spanish Inquisition...or any other number of atrocities committed in the name of Christianity. However....

I will not.

Instead, I will blame it on clever leaders who use certain portions of holy texts to prey on the insecurities of their followers. I do not dislike a religion in itself, but i hate the way religious leaders distort the message to suit their purposes.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Yeah, people usually use the Old Testament to bash Christianity, conveniently forgetting that it's based upon the New.

mh

Well, as they have taught it to me Christianity is based upon the New AND the Old Testament. Sometimes people just as conveniently forget about the latter.

Vale

Edited for spelling.