PalletMan

Boycott Gatorade???

I just went to the soda machine and next to the Gatorade button there was a Post-It that read "Boycott Gatorade". Curiosity got the best of me so I found this. Do you think that's it or something else? I don't know why it singled out Gatorade and not the other Pepsi products in the machine. :S

I wrote on the note asking Why? I doubt the note will last long though.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

So in addition to the link you listed regarding some sort of slight against a hip hopster, some advocate bans on Gatorade for something related to plastic recycling, and for not donating product to armed forces in the Middle East.

Looking at some of these sites, I'm not sure what's not being boycotted. It reminds me of Berkeley whose city council systematically added every oil company to the banned list until they no longer had a major vendor to purchase gas from.

Thanks for the reply. :)

for not donating product to armed forces in the Middle East.

Based on the nature of where I work, that's the most probable.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

"Boycott stems from the cultural disrespect of the hip-hop community by dropping Ludacris for his supposed profanity on his records but then tapping the Osbournes, who are equally or more profane to star in their commercials. The boycott will continue until Pepsi meets the following demands..."

Maybe he should just quit being profane, instead of declaring that it's okay because others do it too.

Maybe he should cease trying to drag the entire hip-hop community into his own personal squabble.

If you want to be a public celebrity and get lots of endorsements, you have to behave yourself.

"Boycott stems from the cultural disrespect of the hip-hop community by dropping Ludacris for his supposed profanity on his records but then tapping the Osbournes, who are equally or more profane to star in their commercials. The boycott will continue until Pepsi meets the following demands..."

If you want to be a public celebrity and get lots of endorsements, you have to behave yourself.

iIf that IS the reason, then can someone PM me their mailing address. I feel a sudden urge to buy a $hitload of Gatorade powder.... My kids love it so you send me address - I send you dollars - you send me tubs of powder!

Mike.

Adding the Hip-Hop community to the French and...

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I send you dollars - you send me tubs of powder!

Isn't that illegal? >:(:P:P:P

Well... Just listen to EmbryoCop telling Mr.20years+counting what's illegal!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:;)

It wouldn't be so bad if I'd eaten as many donuts as you obviously have!>:( Then again I NEVER had to qualify to be a cop in Texas!!! :P (BTW I'm using [i[THAT emoticon to signify yo licking your lips!)

Needless to say the foregoing WAS in jest:D.

Meanwhile, Gatorade is needed to shut my kids up!

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

From so called "artist" who promote killing police (my nephew is a law officer), degrading women, and escalating violence on the street I doubt if any intelligent human will take them serious. Besides, Gatorade gives me wings;)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Ok, I think I may have figured out what this is all about and it's pretty damn boring. The vending company just recently (must have been within the past few days) raised the price of Gatorade to $1.25. All the other 20oz drinks are still just a buck. I think they're just trying to protest the 25 cent raise in price. :|

Maybe I read too much Speaker's Corner because I immediately thought it was politically motivated. :D

--Art

After reading the article, it seems like extorsion to me. I doubt it will affect Pepsi's bottom line. Russell Simmons is trying flex (again). I appreciate a lot of the things he does for aspiring artists. But Pepsi is allowed to hire anyone they want. Profane doesn't necessarily mean words independently, but maybe the overall message.

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere is
sick of her shit!

Any 'musician' who hawks products gets NO respect in my book. Could you imagine Jimi Hendrix singing on a diet coke advert? They are just bitches for the money and have sold their souls to the corporations.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......