DiverDiver

TO ALL: Marines, Soldiers, Airman, and Seamen

I support our troops and their families. and really haven't read many negative stories about our troops in Iraq or afghanistan. Wish you guy's didn't have to be there come home and enjoy your families:)
The military leadership OTOH imo is way behind the eight ball. But we'll see if they can pull the rabbit out of the hat:o Good for them if they do:)
R.I.P.

I don't! And neither does the rest of the world...even the latest CIA report now declares that Iraq has become the new breeding ground for terrorists thanks to the involvement of our forces.

After all, German, Japanese, and Italian soldiers also just PROUDLY served in WWII.

Maybe it's time to admire those guys refusing a second tour (deployment) to Iraq based on their first-hand experience. And then being charged with desertion by some desk warriors?

Edited for last paragraph.

Have ben reading alot lately about how bad the military is and how we should not be in iraq and alot more negative things.

Just wanted to say thanks for serving....you are all great and I admire what you do.

I don't! And neither does the rest of the world...even the latest CIA report now declares that Iraq has become the new breeding ground for terrorists thanks to the involvement of our forces.

After all, German, Japanese, and Italian soldiers also just PROUDLY served in WWII.

Maybe it's time to admire those guys refusing a second tour (deployment) to Iraq based on their first-hand experience. And then being charged with desertion by some desk warriors?

Edited for last paragraph.

you don't admire people serving in the US military?
wow.....i don't even know how to respond to that.

WOW.....very shallow.

By the time you read this you have already read it.

Yes, thanks to all that server or have servered our country.

If any of you are interested, Homer, who post off and on here, is overseas right now. I'm sure he'd love to get more then just my PMs.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I truely appreciate your comment, hence I want to take the time to reply.

Yes, serving our country and defending it, is honorable: serving in our forces is honorable. However, it is NOT honorable to invade a country just to take over it's natural riches for profit. Iraq never threatened us or had the means to attack us.

All the 1,300+ military personnel who have died, have died in vain:

They didn't die to defend your or my freedom, they did not die for the Republic. They died for Exxon, Halliburton, Cheney, Bush, etc.

Believe it or not, but some ppl will get very rich off of these killings.

you don't admire people serving in the US military?
wow.....i don't even know how to respond to that.

WOW.....very shallow.

Ted,

both you and I know that you are as gay as "Richard Simmons". Nothing wrong with that! After all, Richard giving weight-loss classes to our troups in Baghdad is true to the cause. Now, if our boys just ever could stay off McD...even under fire.

hahahahaha! please defend my rights by enlisting and not with your mouth.

That's a most excellent point!

However, what if there was war and nobody showed up (or refused to show up)?

Really curious as to your response. Don't we all need to take personal responsibilities (rather than delegating them?).

P.S.: As an SD Instructor, I have to face certain responsibilities that I am unable to abdicate at 3k ft. Same as a rigger.

the troops go where they're ordered to go. If you have a problem with what the military is doing, look to its leaders, not its troops.

Very good point.

In the military you do not have the luxury of questioning orders. It's not your job. If you don't like it..don't sign up. and for the rest of you that have never served.. thank your lucky stars that there are those out there that have and so you dont have to.

P.S I personally do not agree with the current situation .. but I do have the luxury of whinging about it from the safety of my own home.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

All the 1,300+ military personnel who have died, have died in vain:

Edited because first post was a bit rough... But, you have no right IMHO to say that those people died in vain, that's pretty messed up actually.. They died fighting for their country, whether you agree with why they were fighting or not.. That is NOT in vain no matter how you feel. B|>:(>:(

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

However, what if there was war and nobody showed up (or refused to show up)?

If our military had that attitude, we wouldnt have a country to defend.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

But, you have no right IMHO to say that those people died in vain, that's pretty messed up actually.. They died fighting for their country, whether you agree with why they were fighting or not.. That is NOT in vain no matter how you feel.

Yes, that is right Nate. People have died and will continue to die for this country. No one should say they have died in vain.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...