lawrocket

It's our party: we BOUGHT it

We appear to finally see a a dose of realism from liberals.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041209/ap_on_el_ge/democrats_critics

Notice the striking resemblance in MoveOn's statement to shareholders in a corporation giving a vote of no confidence? Nothing about responsibility to the country, about the excesses at the top, looking out for the proletariat, health care...

This is a fundamental change - liberals are suggesting that the Democratic Party is a corporation with primary responsibility to the shareholders: those that donated and paid for it.

Believe it or not, maybe this underperforming corporation will do better after this corporate shakedown by the shareholders. The country be damned, the shareholders want a return on their investment.

Is outsourcing too far off? :D

My wife is hotter than your wife.

We appear to finally see a a dose of realism from liberals.

I said it from the beginning of the elections. The liberals need to take a long, hard, deep look at themselves in the mirror. No one buys into their policies, beliefs and political agendas anymore. Why? Because they don't do what's right. They tell you what they think you want to hear. They try to be everyone's politician.

Take Bush. Want to know why I respect the man? Because he's an ordinary man who does what he feels is right. He doesn't lie and flip-flop to try and win every vote from both parties. He does the right thing...wether it's popular or not. Going into Iraq was not remotely close to being popular. But he did it anyways. Why? Because it was the right thing to do.

Kerry and the lefties lost because no one knew where they stood. Instead of telling us their plans they danced aroud every topic and fed us the standard line...tried to be everyone's politician instead of just being themselves and do the right thing.

Forty-two

No one buys into their policies, beliefs and political agendas anymore.

You're just about always going to be wrong if you speak in absolutes.

The FACT is that there are quite a few people that believe -- just not a simple majority.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The FACT is that there are quite a few people that believe -- just not a simple majority.

I think the fact that the libs don't have control of the minority and student vote rattled the party more then anything else (short of the election loss).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't.

I think what rattled them is that Rove fought a campaign that was both incredibly obvious in some ways and incredibly subtle in others.

The Democrats thought they had stuff sewn up because of increased voter rolls. What they didn't realise is that the Republicans were able to add just a tiny bit more and didn't publicize it.

Further, the Democrats missed a couple of opportunities to deflect some of the more obvious attacks that Rove created. For instance, running a candidate based on such early primaries without really thinking it through. I'm not saying Kerry was "the wrong guy", but he certainly wasn't the guy that I would have choosen given the chance.

If you want to know what continues to stun me is the apathy of of the student vote considering how much the Administration is or is not going to screw them over when it comes to a number of topics.

This -ain't- the 60s!
quade -

If you want to know what continues to stun me is the apathy of of the student vote considering how much the Administration is or is not going to screw them over when it comes to a number of topics.

Firstly, that's your opinion.

I voted for Bush and I'm the "student vote."

he certainly wasn't the guy that I would have choosen given the chance.

Out of curiosity, who would you have choosen?

The students, despite how much the liberals consider them as such, are not stupid. You can pop out all the MTV "Bush will draft you and send you off to die" ads all you want. Younger voters aren't that stupid nor naive.

You got beat because your party has no vision, agenda, the pulse of the American heartland or a believable candidate.

Forty-two

You can pop out all the MTV "Bush will draft you and send you off to die" ads all you want.

Literally just about everyone I've known in more then 4 years of college hated MTV. MTV isn't targeting the college age group anymore, its for 15-17 year olds.

The students, despite how much the liberals consider them as such, are not stupid. You can pop out all the MTV "Bush will draft you and send you off to die" ads all you want. Younger voters aren't that stupid nor naive.

Huh???

That's because most college students are uneducated and collect their entire political mindset from Michael Moore (whose fictional films are notoriously filled with lies) and MTV (you know the ones who spewed ads all over the place telling everyone Bush was going to draft them and send them away to die before they finish college).

I've seen a lot of these college kids. Trust me, it's better that most of these people do not vote until they educate themselves completely.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1325301#1325301

MTV isn't targeting the college age group anymore, its for 15-17 year olds.

There ads had 2 college students talking about who they were going to vote for. That's when they started the whole, "Well if you vote for Bush he will draft you and send you off to die."

Sounds like they were targeting college students to me.

Forty-two

Sounds like they were targeting college students to me.

Ok, worded it wrong.

Seemingly no one in college watches MTV, only kids 15-17yrs old watches really. The large majority of "college kids" I know and have known over the past few years all HATE MTV.

Out of curiosity, who would you have choosen?

Well, obviously my opinion must be wrong, but I thought the key issue in the campaign -should- have been the security of the nation.

While Kerry has actual combat experience . . . face it . . . it wasn't on the same level as GWB (even if GWB had his experience thrust upon him).

THE guy that I thought had the internation military experience, diplomatic experience and oddly enough got fired for trying to do the right thing (avoiding doing things like what happened in Abu Gharib) is Clarke.

The guy is an honest to god West Point up through the ranks American Hero and a hell of a commander.

Had he been given a shot, he would have destroyed the advantage GWB had when it comes to all the international issues. GWB would have had to run on domestic issues, which, kinda stink because of what he's done internationally.

As for being a "moral" standard, GWB is still a drunken college student compared to Clarke.

If the country could have gotten to know him, they would have loved him.
quade -

The large majority of "college kids" I know and have known over the past few years all HATE MTV.

Something tells me the "large majority of college kids you know" is far less than 1% of all the students enrolled in college.

And could you paste a link to the official poll that was done that states, "only kids 15-17yrs old watches really."

Thanks.

Forty-two

the dems are definately out of touch with the regular guy. they are mainly a bunch of well to do people with good hearts. they really do mean basically well. and their policies are a bit better for the average joe than are the republicans. but the dems can't talk our language and try not to offend anyone, and end up boring everyone.

the repuplicans , long ago abandoning real buchanan style conservatism , are a bunch of horse theives and gangsters. but they get the everyday joe all fired up . simple easy to understand frazes and great sound bites. and they flat out deal up the tax payers dollars. instead of a million bucks for a virginmary made of cow shit , they give themselves a bilion bucks to serve packaged food to the military in iraq.

so pick your poisen and serve your master well.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

And could you paste a link to the official poll that was done that states, "only kids 15-17yrs old watches really."

Ok, after I gave you my personal experience you want a poll.

Gee, sorry chief, I've been a little busy to run polls. You want the data so bad, you go find out.

THE guy that I thought had the internation military experience, diplomatic experience and oddly enough got fired for trying to do the right thing (avoiding doing things like what happened in Abu Gharib) is Clarke.

Clarke scared the piss out of me as an American.

At stake were our rights. Our civil liberties. To him, the ends justified the means and the means included drastic measures similar to what Lincoln enacted. VERY scary.

Had he been given a shot, he would have destroyed the advantage GWB had when it comes to all the international issues. GWB would have had to run on domestic issues, which, kinda stink because of what he's done internationally.

If that was true and so obvious as you make it out to be then Clark would have won the dem ticket in a landslide. Obviously your party didn't see it as you did. Myabe he wasn't such the obvious, clear-cut choice afterall.

Forty-two

Clarke scared the piss out of me as an American.

Interesting.

I kinda got a feeling you might have some idea of how sensitive I am to certain civil liberties issues; privacy, speech (regardless of what some think in the KKK thread), press . . .

I don't remember ever hearing anything that Clarke said that gave me a moments pause.

What did he say that scared you?
quade -

>#1. Wasn't 50 million people (your Googling skills are slipping).

This is about the 5th or 6th time that you've accused me of "googleing". I have no idae what you are talking about but its getting really old really quick.

I seem to remember that on CNN they were saying that 50 million voted Kerry and 53 million voted for Bush.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It's not a matter of choice. It's a matter of opportunity.

Dean had early money and early buzz, but the media (yep the same damn liberal media you're always complaining about) unfairly reran his "yehaw" speech and his campaign impoded. As a result, the guy with the next most exposure to that point was Kerry and it was all over in a matter of minutes.

This blew me away.

A couple of states with populations smaller than the county I live in decided who would run for President.

The vast majority of Democrats had no voice in who ran.
quade -

His stance on Gun Rights, or the lack there of, basically NO gun rights is what scared the piss out of me. He commented that if someone wanted a gun they should join the Army...

Gun rights is the first step towards the slippery slope.