DrunkMonkey

Does your job...

Even worse, it leaves me with knowledge that the public safety is in the hands of the low bid gear, incompetent staff and camplacent politicians. It is compounded by the fact that I have no other marketable skills and am trapped there for three more years.:|:(
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Leave you going home feeling like shit, only wanting to sleep until having to get up at 0630 just to go do it all over again?

Well, my last job did, does that count? But I didn't have to get up at 0630 to do it again, I had to stay up until 0230 instead.

ps - when I said last job, I didn't mean prior to this one. There is no "this one" yet.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

No. I haven't given my boss permission to ruin my day and don't plan on doing so.
>:(

Ditto! No skinny Kramer look-a-like (from Seinfeld) is gonna ruin my day! Not when I can always make my co-workers laugh at my "Kramer" jokes. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...Leave you going home feeling like shit, only wanting to sleep until having to get up at 0630 just to go do it all over again?

I'm going to name my first ulcer after this place.

THis sucks...

No. Although I feel like crap when I get home, I also want to eat, watch a movie or classic TV, and be with my honey. I live within comfortable cycling distance of my office, so I only have to getup at 7:30 before doing it again.

I used to like work even when it meant 12-16 hour days.

When i don't like my job, I quit and get another one.

I used to have no problem doing that.

As I gained experience it took more complex work to satisfy me thus reducing the number of available jobs. The number of jobs in my industry dropped. The labor market became flooded with people who'd lost those jobs.

Before all that I could find a new job within a month of becoming unhappy.

Last time I couldn't before things became intollerable, quit, and spent $30,000 paying my mortgage, car payment, living expenses, etc. until I had my next paycheck.

After another six month lay-off I'll start spending my retirement savings.

IOW, it's not practical.

Things would have been _MUCH_ worse if I wanted a house like my friends (2-4X my current mortgage payment) or had children.

...Leave you going home feeling like shit, only wanting to sleep until having to get up at 0630 just to go do it all over again?

After a couple quiet months, I started work again and that pretty much desribes the weekday climb. Would say feels like shit though. More a general numbing, not helped by unnaturally cold temperatures around here.

Nah, My job is pretty cool- Sure, I'm up at 5 AM, in the shop by 6 and often spend 10 or more hours there, but I get to work on all sorts of machines, help engineers solve problems, etc. Kinda like a scaled down version of Monster Garage sometimes. It can be quite stressful, but I learned that once I leave that place, the stress stays there, I try not to bring it home. At the same time, I endeavour not to bring home stress to work, either.

Easy Does It

I haven't liked my job for about 2.5 years now but I just can't seem to bring myself to leave for some stupid reason.

I love my job, I have to be at work @ 5am but i am off at 2pm unless I want to work overtime. Funny I did stop by my old job. After 7 years the people are still unhappy with the same stuff they were unhappy with when I left, go figure :(

I wouldn't know. I get up before 0630, but I'm not even doing my job yet. I'm still waiting to join my unit at Ft. Campbell. We'll see...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

naaah. . .love my job. I got bored one day and calculated how much I make an hour based on my annual income and how much actual time I spend in the office. Came out to about $250 an hour.:)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln