sundevil777

Making rude gestures to motorists carries an 800 mark fine in Germany

You can think whatever you want to, as I know you are going to, but that doesn't make your assessment of me or my views correct.

Hmmm couldn't or wouldn't you change your view of the things? :S

What would happen if a guy came on a talk show and claimed he believed that the holocaust did not happen as it is widely believed? Would he be prosecuted? Well, he wouldn't be -- couldn't be -- prosecuted in the U.S. for that.

A lie is protected by the us law? Perjuring is adjudge in the us?

Think about it! A lie is a lie! And if you where really cristian over there than take a look at the ten commandmants!

In Reply To
I can't help but jump on this because I'm sick and tired of some of the statements which imply that the US is the only authentic democracy in the world, and all the rest is somehow behind.

I can understand that.

What you can't understand? In simple words:

-Did you really think the us founded the democracy?
-Did you really think the us are the only democracy on this shitty planet?

Did you really think so?

[:/]
The only rings that are worth wearing, are those of my 3-ring-system!!!

What would happen if a guy came on a talk show and claimed he believed that the holocaust did not happen as it is widely believed? Would he be prosecuted? Well, he wouldn't be -- couldn't be -- prosecuted in the U.S. for that.

he wouldnt be lying... he would be stating his belief... an ignorant and mistaken one, but it still isnt a lie, and our constitution protects the right of its citizens to hold and state as many ignorant beliefs as they wish, so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others to do the same...

he wouldnt be lying... he would be stating his belief... an ignorant and mistaken one, but it still isnt a lie, and our constitution protects the right of its citizens to hold and state as many ignorant beliefs as they wish, so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others to do the same...

and that's is the point! You say his belief... we say a lie...

Cause in this subject everyone knows, and learned it in school that this shit happens! And therefore it isn't a personally belief, it is a true lie, and sorry our law system don't protect lies!!! And with this lie he'll interfere the rights of the others!!!

Thats fact!!!

The only rings that are worth wearing, are those of my 3-ring-system!!!

no your missing the point.

If i say "i believe this web site has a green color scheme" (its blue) I am not lying I am stating a belief.. a statement of belief CANNOT be a lie unless you are lying about what you believe..

now if i were to REALLY state "I believe this site has a green color scheme" when in fact i KNOW it is blue i would be lying.....

see the difference?

What you can't understand?

Jeffrey said can not can't.

They democratic concept wasn't invented in the US, but the US were the first country in history (1787) to implement a democratic constitution which includes the separation of powers (legislature, judiciary, executive). Poland was the first country in Europe to do this in 1791.

-Did you really think the us are the only democracy on this shitty planet?

Not the only one, but the "best". :S

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

What you can't understand?

Jeffrey said can not can't.

They democratic concept wasn't invented in the US, but the US were the first country in history (1787) to implement a democratic constitution which includes the separation of powers (legislature, judiciary, executive). Poland was the first country in Europe to do this in 1791.

Act of Settlement of 1701 established separation of powers between the monarch and Parliament in Britain. Magna Carta (1215) established separation of powers between the monarch and the barons.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

to implement a democratic constitution which includes the separation of powers

that meant an AND not an XOR B|
But thanks for the additional info, didn't know that.

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

>You're standing on the edge with this . . . .

No he's not. Guy A can believe in a a god who had a son named Jesus, and guy B can believe in a god named Zeus who had a dozen sons. Neither one is lying; they just believe different things.

What about those who believe Iraq had WMDs in February 2003 and who believe SH was behind the WTC attacks, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What about those who believe Iraq had WMDs in February 2003 and who believe SH was behind the WTC attacks, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

They just recently made their believe into the truth when they stated the following about the explosives which where lost during their watch:
"For me this huge amount of explosives are WMD"

Well, by definition they are not, but their believe now is also the truth.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

"Perjury"? On a television talk show?

I don't know if I should bother to keep discussing this with you, because you are giving evidence that you are not fully with-it as far as terms used. If you don't know that there is no such thing as "perjury" if it is not in court, or that it is NOT against the law to LIE... I don't know what to say.

And the holocaust is not some sacred subject that may never be denied. If that's a person's (misguided) point of view, that's his prerogative. One cannot be forced to believe or disbelieve anything. The idea that denying the holocaust has been criminalized... well, that's :S

Think about it! A lie is a lie! And if you where really cristian over there than take a look at the ten commandmants!

I'm not Christian. I reject religion.

In Reply To
I can't help but jump on this because I'm sick and tired of some of the statements which imply that the US is the only authentic democracy in the world, and all the rest is somehow behind.

I can understand that.

What you can't understand? In simple words:
[:/]

Um... I said, "I CAN understand..."

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"