DrunkMonkey

Re: "Christian Taliban"

A few have PMed me asking where the term "Christian Taliban" came from, and why I loathe them and everything they stand for so much....

Here's the background on these individuals:

http://www.valleyskeptic.com/xtian_taliban.html

-and-

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/dreamweaver/bannedbks/censoroped043.html

-and-

http://moose-and-squirrel.com/bozo/bozo.html
People like this are no better than Afghanistan's Taliban. They just call their deity by a different name. The end result of their god-based facism is no different.

Our country is fucked if people like this succeed in their lust for power over others.

Looks like some people have such a passion for defending pre-natal murder that it's led them on an anti-Christian crusade. Interesting insight into the minds of some left-wing radicals.

If they were at all familiar with the Taliban they'd realize how ridiculous their comparison actually is.

Quite humorous. Thanks.
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Looks like some people have such a passion for defending the murder in the name of Christ of doctors and nurses carrying out a lawful medical procedure that it's led them on an crusade against people who invoke the name of their God when committing murder and aliken one group who murder in the name of their God to another who also murder in the name of their God.

Incorrect. I made an astute and correct observation on the content of the given websites and chuckled (again) at the term 'Christian Taliban'.

Please provide me with the name of the political figure who has publicly supported murder of abortion doctors and/or bombing of clinics, or admit that you posted something false.
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Ahhh...so you were referring to ME in your original post? Cute. If so, please find one instance in which I ever condone the murder of abortionists or bombing of abortion clinics.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

No, I was referring to "some people". I suspect it's quite easy to provide a reference to "some people" who support the murder of abortionists or bombing of abortion clinics.

I could show you someone who has bombed a clinic or a report of someone being murdered because they work there. Some one did it, as a corollary they support such actions. If I show you two such people I've shown you "some people".

I’ve stood in the soccer field in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan where they used to parade women who accidentally showed their faces from underneath their burkas in a circle before executing them by shooting them in the back of the head in front of the crowd. I've driven through the arch at the entrance to the city where they used to hang those opposed to that Taliban and left them there for all to see. I've driven down the road and watched the taxi cab in front of me with the trunk raised, the men sitting in the front, and the women and children sitting in the trunk with a stick holding up the lid (in the freezing cold, talcum powder dust being kicked up everywhere, and the trunk filled to the max). I've seen women trying to get away from their husbands and back into the house while being beaten with a stick. I’ve seen graves littered from the result of what the Taliban did. Your view that the US Christian right is comparative to the Taliban is utterly, ridiculous, unrealistic, extreme, and asinine.

"I would like to outlaw contraception...contraception is disgusting -- people using each other for pleasure." -Joseph Scheidler, Pro-Life Action League

Yeah, see what happens when you turn your back on god, people might experience [gasp] pleasure!:o

Oh the humanity:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Don't believe everything you read, without researching every statement in depth, without finding the context in which every speech clip was given and always, always, realize that such articles are written by those opposed to said subject and may be strongly biased.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Don't believe everything you read, without researching every statement in depth, without finding the context in which every speech clip was given and always, always, realize that such articles are written by those opposed to said subject and may be strongly biased.

Context could not remotely mitigate the pure eliteism that these individuals spew from their face sewers.

Look at it this way-You're LDS-I'm not. Why do the LDS politicians make it such an ass pain for me to buy a goddamn beer when I'm TDY to Hill AFB/SLC? Your religious regs should not be codified into law that I have to follow.

You would be hit with all manner of resistance by Born-Again evangelicals if you pushed Mormon values as laws, just as a Catholic would be met with the same resistance...Whose brand of Jesus-ism should end up the law of the land????

Seems it's just fine to post bigoted diatribe against Christians by some.

I suggest a crash course in strict sharia law as applied by the Taliban.

The founding fathers of the USA were Christians who did a pretty decent job of creating something of merit. The founders of British parlimentary democracy did a pretty decent job considering and they were nothing short of puritanical Christian fundamentalists.

Many notable historical figures such as Sir Isaac Newton were deeply religous. In fact Newton might have discovered the atom if he hadn't spent so much time studying the bible which he saw as an effort as worthy as studying physics.

All of those dead men would undoubtedly be in the camp you label Christian Talliban if they were alive today, but they accomplished things the Talliban could never dream of, nor would they even aspire to it.

You're confused about why the Taliban wound up so reviled, it wasn't that they were men of faith.

You're confused about why the Taliban wound up so reviled, it wasn't that they were men of faith.

True-the Taliban were not reviled for their faith, but the manifestation of it, and their quest to force it on the civil affairs/everyday life of others... Which is EXACTLY what the Christian right is doing by codifying their religious beliefs into civil law.

They're Equal. The only difference is what name they use to address God.

Lay off the Jim Jones Flavor Kool-Aid...

Interesting you should bring up the Rev. Jim Jones. Here is a man who targeted his programs for the poor, the downtrodden, and those who were victims of racism. He was also a man who came to disdain the bible, and instead follow the lead of Breshnev, Idi Amin and others of that ilk (though he expressly repudiated Mao). His religion was communism.

He courted establishment like Jerry Brown, Art Agnos, Harvey Milk and Willie Brown, delivering votes and programs.

Thus, would you link the support of Jerry and Willie and Mrs. Carter to homicidal communist zealots? Hey, those folks HANDED many of those souls to Jim Jones.

Perhaps the California Democratic Party could be called, "American Jonestown."

Your comparisons are vitriolic, at best.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

and their quest to force it on the civil affairs/everyday life of others...

Hmmm. Ever read this?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Fucking religion forcing those asshole colonists to impose their will on a King. Even worse, it created Americans, who founded a country based upon free religious ideals, and then wrote laws against murder, perjury, etc..

If it weren't for "inalienable rights" endowed by a "Creator" we would have America for a right-wing scourge to be running around...>:(

My wife is hotter than your wife.

True-the Taliban were not reviled for their faith, but the manifestation of it, and their quest to force it on the civil affairs/everyday life of others... Which is EXACTLY what the Christian right is doing by codifying their religious beliefs into civil law.

They're Equal. The only difference is what name they use to address God.

That's just unfounded bigotry. Everyone has a right to vote their conscience. Nobody today is proposing putting a theocracy in charge of America (except OBL et.al.). The flashpoints I see are Christians being forced to remove symbols from all government lands despite the historical context or the views of the community. All of this on bogus pretexts. Your view does not explain how men of faith came to found America or were inspired to produce parliamentary democracy.

Your irrational fear does not make Christians Taliban oppressors. Almost all Americans believe in and desire a country governed on democratic principals, the same democratic principals that Christians brought to the nation. Those early Christians were of course much more radical w.r.t. their puritanical views than any today, just visit Salem for a refresher, yet even back then they built a great nation instead of dragging one back to the Dark Ages.

>Please provide me with the name of the political figure who has
>publicly supported murder of abortion doctors . . .

Several religious leaders in the US support the Army of God's terrorism. Examples would include Rev. Mike Bray, Rev. Donald Spitz and Pastor Wiley Drake. Most mainstream christian religions condemn such terrorism, and say it does not reflect mainstream christianity at all - and they say that the above-mentioned pro-terrorism religious leaders are nuts.

Sounding familiar yet?

Sounding familiar yet?

Very familiar. The "War on Terror" should not be against Islam, but against Extremism wherever it's found.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I've never heard of any of those folks. Though I do have an uncle named Mike Bray, he's a retired Marine and sure as hell no reverend.
:S

The parallel to which you allude is quite odd to me given the # of such occurrences by your 'Army of God' as compared to the # of attacks perpetrated by Islamic terrorists. To each his own I suppose.
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!