tunaplanet

Ashcroft rumor

Well, certainly his senior staff at The White House . . . all those folks that support him in very large and public ways . . . Chief of Staff, White House Spokesman . . . people like that. Pretty much all of them will be tendering letters of resignation . . . no real question about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Republican Attorneys General are always savaged, but Klinton's "Gas 'em and burn 'em" AG Janet Reno got a pass.

Go figure.

btw - there are rumors that several top-level cabinet members might not be sticking around for the 2nd term, the SoS and the NSA among them.

mh

I can absolutely guarantee that most if not ALL of GWB's staff will submit letters of resignation before his inauguration in Janurary.

I'd love to see the neo-conservatives get the boot; Rumsfeld can be the first to have the door slap his ass, Wolfowitz second!

Ok, I guess I have to let Tuna and all the other people that don't know how this works off the hook and spill the beans.

Here's how it works . . .

At the end of the first term of a two term President's the staff submits letters of resignation. It's a tradition. This gives the President the option of accepting or rejecting the letters without him having to actually fire anyone.

So, nobody gets "fired" yet the President can make changes in his staff if he wants to. Everybody saves face.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

He can't go quick enough for me. Prior to becoming AG his biggest accomplishment was losing a Senate race to his dead opponent. Now that's something to put on your resume, "lost an election to a dead guy".

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !