kallend

Interesting quotes

Hindsight? Hindsight? hindsight should be an 'oversight' that costs the country a few billion dollars maybe in the worst case, this is WAR, DEATH of 15000 people, the destruction of a country.....etc

we are going to appease ourselves by calling it 'hindsight'?

American needs to be ashamed. If terrorist attacks against the USA increase steadily for the next century, at least we will know why that is.

Can the terrorists now call the World Trade Center Attack as "the ends justifies the means"? Or even 'hindsight' in their favor?

ridiculous.

TK

The blame resides solely in the court of the person who asked for and received the power to go to war.

Bush had the balls to do it. Bush had the balls to stake his presidency on it. But, with big balls can come big failure.

I think that it is only fair that Bush lose or retake his presidency on the basis of this war that he staked it on. Clinton talked about it often, but never made the call. Did Clinton believe his talk abotu Saddam? We may never know. Bush bought what he was shoveling, and was, at least, decisive.

Now it's time to for Bush live or die by that decision...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Now it's time to for Bush live or die by that decision...

Exactly. Bush is the one who removed a murderous war criminal from power who had nothing but ill-willed intentions to not only the US but others as well.

Now the Iraqi's are free.

Now the Afghans are holding an election where 40% of those voting are women.

I praise Bush who was man enough to make the tough decision knowing it could cost him the election.

The world needs more leaders/men like Bush.

Forty-two

I praise Bush who was man enough to make the tough decision knowing it could cost him the election.

I would praise him more if he had the big cojones to go fight his war himself, or at least enlist her daughters. Oh, sorry, i forgot that he truly is the peace president, and he prefers others to do the job.

The world needs more leaders/men like Bush.

With that i fully agree. Was everybody like Bush, no one would be fighting in the war. We would be telling eachother to go and fight but no one would actually do it.

I would praise him more if he had the big cojones to go fight his war himself, or at least enlist her daughters. Oh, sorry, i forgot that he truly is the peace president, and he prefers others to do the job.

From the first debate, the statement from Bush that stuck out the most to me was.

"I know how tough war is. I read the casualty reports when I'm in Washington."

If he thinks reading casualty reports is as tough as it gets, I can understand why he has no problem sending our people to die.

I cannot understand how so many military DZ comers apreciate him so much if he says bullshit like that :S

My guess is because most of them aren't serving anymore and don't know what it's like now. Every article I've read and poll I've seen on the subject shows Bush with a slight edge among veterans, but Kerry with a large lead among active duty troops.

I cannot understand how so many military DZ comers apreciate him so much if he says bullshit like that :S

My guess is because most of them aren't serving anymore and don't know what it's like now. Every article I've read and poll I've seen on the subject shows Bush with a slight edge among veterans, but Kerry with a large lead among active duty troops.

My son (Sgt., US Army, Korea) confirms what you said about active duty troops. He says Bush is very unpopular now.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

war criminal from power who had nothing but ill-willed intentions to not only the US but others as well.

OBL lead the attack on 9/11, he poses a clear threat to this country. Bush has now said that OBL is not a target anymore despite the ongoing movements/attacks of AQ throughout the world. N Korea and Iran both have weapons that can attack our interests and allies, and both are clearly on the path to have WMD soon, but yet we do nothing. However we have a guy that 12 years ago pissed off the world and had no WMD but this is the one we choose to commit out troops and money to? OBL and his group is STILL out there terrorizing the world and we don't commit all of our forces against that???

Now the Afghans are holding an election where 40% of those voting are women.

Apparently you haven't heard the news about women being abused almost as much now in Afghan as they were while the Taliban was in office. Also, the Taliban fighters are attacking women that are not living up to the strict Taliban laws.

>Now the Iraqi's are free.

Have you read the news in the past year or so?

Howabout we say that the Iraqi's have a better chance of being free. The intellegence was wrong, and because of that we were wrong to go to war and we should admit that. I supported the war, and without the hindsight, I still do.

Now we have to ensure that the Iraqi's get the best chance possible at a happy, healthy and stable existance. Something they've never had.
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.

Howabout we say that the Iraqi's have a better chance of being free. .

What about the dead ones? What about the 1000+ dead US and UK soldiers?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ABOARD USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CNN) -- From the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln, President Bush announced in a nationally televised address that "major combat operations in Iraq have ended." - CNN, May 2, 2003

At the ceremony, combat operations were promoted from Major to Lieutenant Colonel.

What about them?

They're dead. People die in this world.

Iraqi's were dying by Saddam's hand, by the Iranians, and because of internal ethinic conflict and anti Saddam resistance.

Some Marines, soldiers, sailors, coasties, merchant marines, and airmen would have died during traning accidents, in accidents on leave, and due to foul play.

What if they had found WMD? What about the dead ones then?
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.

Howabout we say that the Iraqi's have a better chance of being free. The intellegence was wrong, and because of that we were wrong to go to war and we should admit that. I supported the war, and without the hindsight, I still do.

Now we have to ensure that the Iraqi's get the best chance possible at a happy, healthy and stable existance. Something they've never had.

We should ensure that Iraq has the opportunity to have a stable, democratically elected government like the other Middle Eastern countries such as, uh, Paki... no, that was a coup, Saud... no, that's a kingdom, Iran... no, I'm not sure quite what the hell that is, uh, Bah... nope, Yem... nope, uh, damn. I'm sure there has to be one.

Wait a minute, Iraq can be the paradigm of Truth, Justice and the American Way in the Middle East! All they have to do is stop blowing up everything in sight, hacking people's heads off and they can live in the suburbs and drive SUVs! It's all pretty obvious, I mean, who wouldn't want that?

We must be right about this, since I think we have used up our allotment of being wrong for quite a while.

Blue skies,

Winsor

What about them?

Iraqi's were dying by Saddam's hand, by the Iranians, and because of internal ethinic conflict and anti Saddam resistance.

Some Marines, soldiers, sailors, coasties, merchant marines, and airmen would have died during traning accidents, in accidents on leave, and due to foul play.

If you want to find WMD, I suggest you look at North Dakota, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, Texas and New Mexico for starts.

If possessing WMD is a legitimate basis for a preemptive strike, we're in deep kimchee.

Blue skies,

Winsor

We're all doomed .....dooommmeeedd... dooommmeeeed...

Whatever.

I'd rather keep trying and failing, than sit around doing nothing and criticizing everything.
--

>Howabout we say that the Iraqi's have a better chance of being free.
>The intellegence was wrong, and because of that we were wrong to go to
> war and we should admit that.

I will agree with you there. I think admitting we were wrong and that we need help is an important step towards turning this from a US occupation into international support for a new country.

>Now we have to ensure that the Iraqi's get the best chance possible at a
>happy, healthy and stable existance. Something they've never had.

I agree there too. It's going to be a long and bloody ten years, but we have to stick it out. We also have to know when to let them make their own mistakes, even if it means allowing a form of government we disagree with.

What about them?

That they no longer walk the earth, duh...

yep, did you take so lightly the death of the 3000+ americans the 9/11?

all right!!! I am sure they will not mind to be bombed by the U.S air force then. :S

Sorry, i don´t follow you, it must be the language barrier, but what the fuck has to do with the death of innocent iraqui people. Are you saying that bombs fall from the sky by accident? or it is an accident that there is civilian in the middle of the city?

What about if they didn´t found shit and it turns that the POTUS has provoked 11.000+ unnecesary death, undermined the international trust in diplomacy, set a very dangerous precedent that many rogue nations will surely abuse in the future, put in more debt the U.S taxpayer, contributed to an all time high price in oil, divide the U.S population, etc, etc.

If this situation doesn´t stop sometime soon (and it doesn´t look likely) Mr Bush is going to provoke more U.S deaths than OBL.

yep, did you take so lightly the death of the 3000+ americans the 9/11?

No, and I never said I took anyones death lightly. But, you can't take those deaths back. I don't see how, when we are talking about trying to make the best of a bad situation, bringing up the cost is helpful.

We can't undue the war now that we really, really know it was not worthwhile. Even that is still debatable, but requires playing "what if" games and that in itself is not usefull.

The rest of your comments were crap and really didn't have anything usefull or valid in them. Kinda like a stale donut.
--

>And that would be by electing the other moron that voted to take action in Iraq . . .

He didn't. He voted to support the president's option to take action in Iraq if needed. I would vote that way too; the president _should_ have the right to take action if needed. But he also has to know when _not_ to take action.

From the first debate, the statement from Bush that stuck out the most to me was.

"I know how tough war is. I read the casualty reports when I'm in Washington."

Our mass media much more enjoyed to report about his knowledge of war, "as I saw it in TV"....

That was the moment, the media called him to be a 'lost' president. :S

That's just what I read in newspapers after first debate of the candidates in TV. I am really looking forward to the next (and in the meantime, we enjoy guys like Cheney :ph34r:..)

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105