Jimbo

Zell Miller - where is the media coverage?

I find it hard to believe any sensible person would not see the political motivation behind this action

It wasn't political, it was personal. They did it just to piss you off :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am simply amazed how you can see a persons facial expressions over the radio.

??? Never said that, and don't need to see the facial expressions. You would be better served by ignoring the visuals and concentrating on what's being said.

My point here is that the major - ok - one more time - MAJOR Networks decided that it was better for the American public to not witness a speech by a democrat backing the republican candidate and incumbent.

Excuse my ignorance, but are the "majors" carrying any of the Republican Convention? Did they carry all of the Democratic Convention? I don't know. I have cable, and just tuned to the stations that were covering the conventions.

My point here is that the major - ok - one more time - MAJOR Networks decided that it was better for the American public to not witness a speech by a democrat backing the republican candidate and incumbant.

Last I checked, none of the major networks ever did anything that was "for the benefit of the American people". They do what is best for their ratings.

I find it hard to believe any sensible person would not see the political motivation behind this action.

I can't believe any sensible person would not see the ratings motivation behind this action.

??? Never said that, and don't need to see the facial expressions. You would be better served by ignoring the visuals and concentrating on what's being said.

Do you close your eyes when you sppeak to someone, or attend a lecture? Body language can show you alot more of what a person communicates.

Excuse my ignorance, but are the "majors" carrying any of the Republican Convention? Did they carry all of the Democratic Convention? I don't know. I have cable, and just tuned to the stations that were covering the conventions.

Yes - but it is obvious that when the key note speakers that have the most impact on the campain are scheduled - the networks are not. As opposed to the DNC - when the speakers with the most potential "damaging" (for lack of a better word) to the GOP were speaking - they were televised.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes - but it is obvious that when the key note speakers that have the most impact on the campain are scheduled - the networks are not. As opposed to the DNC - when the speakers with the most potential "damaging" (for lack of a better word) to the GOP were speaking - they were televised.

wow, you're serious aren't you???

LOOK OUT TURTLE!!!
whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp
I see a black helicopter!!!
whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp

You really believe it was a conspiracy?
:S:S:S
--------------------
Scars remind us that the past is real

I don't know what I would call it.

I would say that it's quite odd that the front-page, top-of-the-fold photo the left-loving Washington Post chose to use seriously congers up images of the common salute of 1939 Berlin.

Sometimes you pick a photo that does the slandering for you.

(Funny that when you type www.washingtonpost.com, you immediately get a Washington Post/DNC pop-up ad soliciting donations to the Democratic party. Nothing like seeing that goofy long-toothed liar smiling at you when the window opens.)

Does anybody else think it's strange that the two RNC photos on the Post website right now--one of Bush in front of a starfield and another of a supporter--shows both men with their right hands extended in the air?

Talk about conspiracy theories...

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.