narcimund

What does it mean to win the "War on Terror"?

So when was war declared eactly? I dont get all the US fancy news stations, so I may have missed that bit.

It wasn't. Are you suggesting that since it wasn't declared by the Senate that a state of war doesn't exist, therefore we can't call it that? You have obviously never seen combat, or you're just trying to make a point.

No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere is
sick of her shit!

We didn't start this, but we will finish it***

Can't wait for the US to send troops to Ireland, Spain, France, Italy, etc... That will make for interesting news on TV.s.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

>You have obviously never seen combat, or you're just trying to make a point.

Are you comparing "the war on drugs", "the war on cancer" etc to real combat? Interesting.

Nope, never said any such thing. The point is you have a war (combat) without declaring it.

sick of her shit!

Can't wait for the US to send troops to Ireland, Spain, France, Italy, etc... That will make for interesting news on TV.s.

You can't? I sure can. We wouldn't piss on Spain or France if they were on fire. We are already in Italy, but as allies. As far as Ireland, why in the world would we need to go there?

sick of her shit!

We wouldn't piss on Spain or France if they were on fire.

Pretty harsh words. But shitting on Iraq will extinguish the fire there?

. As far as Ireland, why in the world would we need to go there?
IRA?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Could you explain this more for me? When WHO is dead?***

What's the matter with you, Narc? When THEM is dead. And when THEY is dead as well, but let's get THEM first. All of THEM...

We wouldn't piss on Spain or France if they were on fire.

Pretty harsh words. But shitting on Iraq will extinguish the fire there?

Harsh but true. Shitting on Iraq? Have you been there? We (the military and contactors) are doing incredible things with their infrastructure (power, water, sewage) as well as rebuilding schools, etc. That is shitting on them? I've been there, and am going back later this month... we're actually digging the Bagdad slums out of kneedeep (no exaggeration) human waste.

As far as Ireland, why in the world would we need to go there?

IRA?

So when was the last time the IRA attacked a US embassy, or committed mass murder in the US? Are you completely ignorant of the obvious differences?

sick of her shit!

In a nutshell, we'll win when they are all dead[/be

Could you explain this more for me? When WHO is dead?

Sure.

WHO =
Al Quaida Members
Taliban Members
Any organization that supports Al Quaida or Taliban Members
Any members of pop-up groups that aupport what the previous two have been actively trying to accomplish.

Yes, it's a huge problem...but you asked the question. And yes, my answer is still the same. They are that dangerous to America.

sick of her shit!

So is the war on terror only about terror against the US? How about is some American is walking down the street in Londonderry, and is taken down because he's in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Does the answer change if it's Jerusalem?

Baghdad did not have an American infrastructure; it's not an American city. But it did have one, and our bombs did not help it.

If I come punch you, and then pay for the plastic surgery, will you be happy?

Wendy W.

forgot -- if we only care about terror against the US, then why do we care at all about allies? Including, again, Israel?
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>The point is you have a war (combat) without declaring it.

So how is the war on terror different than the war on drugs? Both are attempting to defeat a concept more than a country, and both have no specific targets.

LOL...the war on terror isn't about war on a country. But it is about direct and indirect combat operations involving specifically military, and civilian organizations stateside as a matter of detection and prevention.

The war on drugs... war in this sense is a euphamism (IMHO). They aren't even on the same page. We aren't sending in combat troops to take out drug lords and plantation operations (and never will.)

sick of her shit!

>The war on drugs... war in this sense is a euphamism (IMHO). They
>aren't even on the same page.

Why not? Both are serious. Listen to any politician - drugs kill thousands of americans every year, it's us vs. them. Even the Patriot Act II lumps all of them together as "narco-terrorists."

You may not think they are similar, but they are used in exactly the same way - to make arguments that nearly anything is OK to "win the war."

>We aren't sending in combat troops to take out drug lords and
>plantation operations (and never will.)

You're kidding, right?

Harsh but true. Shitting on Iraq? Have you been there? We (the military and contactors) are doing incredible things with their infrastructure (power, water, sewage) as well as rebuilding schools, etc. That is shitting on them? I've been there, and am going back later this month... we're actually digging the Bagdad slums out of kneedeep (no exaggeration) human waste.

I have never been there, but have been to Arab countries. I do agree that some amazing improvement are being performed by the coalition forces. I simply have my doubts, though I truly hope for it, that the military intervention in Iraq will create a better country (and world). Tough to imagine a worst regime than Sadam's but I think that unfortunately it is a possibility.

So when was the last time the IRA attacked a US embassy, or committed mass murder in the US? Are you completely ignorant of the obvious differences?***
My mistake. I thought that you refered to "Terrorism" as opposed to a specific section of it. I should have read properly "War on terror against the people that attack US embassies and commit mass murder in the US". I guess the Nepalese of recent news were not victims of "Terrorism".
I also unaccurately believed that no proof had been made of Sadam's involvement in 9/11, the Cole bombing, the Embassies bombing, etc... I actually, once again mistakenly, thought that Sadam was pretty high on Al Qaeda's hit list.
But now you have enlightened me. Thank you.

So is the war on terror only about terror against the US? How about is some American is walking down the street in Londonderry, and is taken down because he's in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Nope, but we aren't talking about 1 American. We
are talking about 3000+ in a matter of 102 minutes.

Does the answer change if it's Jerusalem?

Baghdad did not have an American infrastructure; it's not an American city. But it did have one, and our bombs did not help it.

Correct, and we aren't returning it to an American infrastructure. We did litle damage to their power/water/bridge/sewage. We are upgrading them to support the population that exists. We are improving water delivery systems and significantly upgrading their sewage transport and disposal system.

It's a falacious argument, but funny. If we remove a leader who has indiscrimanently and systematically killed 300,000 of his own citizens, will the remainder be happy that they no longer have that particular life-threatening problem to deal with?

forgot -- if we only care about terror against the US, then why do we care at all about allies? Including, again, Israel?

I suggest that the reason by put $2B dollars in to Israel each year is to keep them from destroying the Palestinians/Syrians/Egyptians. But, that is only my opinion.

sick of her shit!

>systematically killed 300,000 of his own citizens

That's actually closer to 5000. Blair admitted his original number of 400,000 was untrue.

>We did litle damage to their power/water/bridge/sewage.

?? There are places that STILL haven't been rebuilt.

Why not? Both are serious. Listen to any politician - drugs kill thousands of americans every year, it's us vs. them. Even the Patriot Act II lumps all of them together as "narco-terrorists."

So what if they are both serious? They still aren't the same.

>We aren't sending in combat troops to take out drug lords and
>plantation operations (and never will.)

You're kidding, right?

Not at all, you think differently or have proof to the contrary?

sick of her shit!

Perhaps, "if you have cancer, and I hold you down kicking and screaming, and cut it out of you without anaesthetic, then try to help you recover, will you be happy?" is more appropriate.

I think I'd still be angry with you, and I'd still want to make my own choices, but you have done me some good. It's far from black and white, either way.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

That's actually closer to 5000. Blair admitted his original number of 400,000 was untrue.

Incorrect. The tag and ID teams are still working and the numbers are still being counted. It is 6 figures.

>We did litle damage to their power/water/bridge/sewage.

?? There are places that STILL haven't been rebuilt.

Are you guessing? Are you getting the Army Logistic/Civil Engineering Progress Reports? Their general services as listed are higher than they have ever been under Saddam (and that was reached last October.) With the exception of oil delivery systems (which separatists groups keep sabotaging), they are doing quite well. I've been there, seen it, and am going back this month.

sick of her shit!

We (the military and contactors) are doing incredible things with their infrastructure

A couple months ago there was a long and detailed article in the WSJ about what the contractors are doing for[to] Iraq. For example, they are rebuilding Iraq's electric infrastructure. However, even though the Iraqi companies and engineers said they could repair the existing systems in a few months if we would just supply them with the copper wiring and other basic supplies, Halliburton instead decided the better (for their profit) course would be to rebuild the entire infrastructure from the ground up. Oh yeah, and send the bill to US taxpayers.

Not to mention the Iraqi appreciation is probably tempered by the fact that we destroyed this infrastructure in the first place, necessitating the rebuild.

You can't? I sure can. We wouldn't piss on Spain or France if they were on fire. We are already in Italy, but as allies. As far as Ireland, why in the world would we need to go there?

You can be damned sure you would if we had oil. You would even let us screw your behind for the right price.
Mate, no honor or pride in this world anymore, just money and power.

You can be damned sure you would if we had oil. You would even let us screw your behind for the right price.
Mate, no honor or pride in this world anymore, just money and power.

No, but we might if you decided to invade your neighbors over oil. As far as the screw our behinds? I doubt it. There might not be pride or honor in your part of the world, but there damned sure is over here.

sick of her shit!

Perhaps, "if you have cancer, and I hold you down kicking and screaming, and cut it out of you without anaesthetic, then try to help you recover, will you be happy?" is more appropriate.

I think I'd still be angry with you, and I'd still want to make my own choices, but you have done me some good. It's far from black and white, either way

OMG :o
You are not kidding? :o

[:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105