TheAnvil

Ollie's Column Today

And I would expect a phd being able to actually read, discern and reply to a simple question directly, without getting lost in a simple answer....I guess that is too much to ask for.:|
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

And I would expect a phd being able to actually read, discern and reply to a simple question directly, without getting lost in a simple answer....I guess that is too much to ask for.:|

There's no statute of limitations on war crimes.

Why don't you take the evidence in your possession down to the nearest US Attorney's office and request that he indicts Kerry (and 10,000 other Vietnam vets who did the same thing) on war crimes charges.

While you're about it, put in a FOIA request to have GWB's arrest record unsealed.

Put up or shut up.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He CAN'T answer the question, because it would make Kerry look worse.

So, he deflects the issue with his laundry list of slams on the President.....on every thread.

Kerry is not a criminal. That is a fact. He has no criminal record.

If you have evidence that he has committed a crime, please do your civic duty and take it to the nearest US Attorney's office to file a complaint.

Otherwise shut up.

Otherwise shut up.

In my opinion, you should be banned for that personal attack.

However, it is good to see Kerry supporters falling apart, when they know he can't defend himself.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Otherwise shut up.

In my opinion, you should be banned for that personal attack.

However, it is good to see Kerry supporters falling apart, when they know he can't defend himself.

If you have evidence that he has committed a crime, please do your civic duty and take it to the nearest US Attorney's office to file a complaint. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes.

Maybe you can get him arrested before Nov 2.

If you have evidence that he has committed a crime . . .

John Kerry saying "I commtted a crime" is pretty good evidence.

. . . please do your civic duty and take it to the nearest US Attorney's office to file a complaint. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes.

Despite the evidence, this would be a waste of time.

Maybe you can get him arrested before Nov 2.

Although it would be a goal worth acheiving.

. . =(_8^(1)

If you have evidence that he has committed a crime . . .

John Kerry saying "I commtted a crime" is pretty good evidence.

. . . please do your civic duty and take it to the nearest US Attorney's office to file a complaint. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes.

Despite the evidence, this would be a waste of time.

Why so? I believe your nearest US Attorney,
John W. Suthers, is a GOP appointee. He might agree with your assessment of the "evidence". (Or he might just laugh at you.)

Why is it that Kerry saying that he did has less merit than Ollie saying that he did?

DUH, Turtle... Ollie is one of those EVIL REPUBLICANS...

True:P, but party affiliation is less relevant in determining his credibility than his conviction record.
www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1220353#1220353

He was not Convicted -

North was convicted May 4, 1989 of three charges: accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents.

Ollie was also carted off to the Psych Ward when police found him wandering around, naked, pointing a .45 at his own head and shouting "I'm no good!". A minor aberration he neglected to mention during his routine background check for his White House job in the Reagan administration.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Why is it that Kerry saying that he did has less merit than Ollie saying that he did?

DUH, Turtle... Ollie is one of those EVIL REPUBLICANS...

He participated in a scheme to sell weapons to Iran to finance Contra rebels in violation of congress and lined his own pockets in the process.

Sounds pretty fucking evil to me.

GWB is a disastrous President.

Perhaps - but why won't you answer the questions?

Is it as hard for you to admit wrong as it is for Bush?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ollie is still entitled to his opinion as a Vietnam Vet, and I don't see any factual errors in his commentary...

Ollie was not convicted of lying to congress... nor was he convicted of obstruction... he was convicted of destroying documents and aiding and abetting obstruction... and those things don't mean his opinion have any less weight than anyone else's...

Like it or not, the sentiments that Ollie voices are the ones that Kerry has to deal with... which he has not done thus far.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

True, but party affiliation is less relevant in determining his credibility than his conviction record.
http://www.dropzone.com/...post=1220353#1220353

Well, those convictions were also overturned. So, in fact, Oliver North has no criminal record upon which you've been basing your character bash-fest, rather than address the topics he covers in his editorial.

I detested Ollie North for the dark cloud he brought over the glorious history of the Marine Corps and those who have ever worn the eagle, globe and anchor. After researching the subjects in which he was involved and since first meeting him a few years ago, I have reversed my opinion of him 110%.

He comments on the experiences of another Marine in his editorial...

Capt. James Warner had already spent four years in Vietnamese custody when he was handed a copy of your testimony by his captors. Warner says that for his captors, your statements "were proof I deserved to be punished." He wasn't released until March 14, 1973.

I know Jim Warner, and what Ollie wrote is 100% fact.

What say ye now?

Maybe it's time to bash me or a former prisoner of war...

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Well, those convictions were also overturned. So, in fact, Oliver North has no criminal record upon which you've been basing your character bash-fest

They were overturned not because he wasn't guilty of the crimes, but because he was given immunity for squealing. He still commited those acts and that still impacts on his character.

You might want to read what ACTUALLY happened, and what he admitted to, before concluding that he is a paragon of virtue.

The conviction was overturned on a technicality, the FACTS were never in dispute.

And his Republican buddy Poindexter got away with it on a technicality too, and Cap Weinburger never had to stand trial because Reagan gave him a pre-emptive pardon.

They were all liars and a stain on Reagan's presidency.