turtlespeed

Are they that uncivil?

I was speaking to my grandfather the other night and heard on the news that NYC has said that they would offer discounts, and special money saving opportunities to the protesters at the RNC if they were civil and didn't riot.

WTF?

Why would this even need to be an issue?

Can the protesters not hold their own speeches on peace and tranquility to their own hearts?

Are they THAT uncivilized?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Can the protesters not hold their own speeches on peace and tranquility to their own hearts?

Are they THAT uncivilized?
______________Uncivil___________________________ Sometimes extreme measures are warranted. You wanna be a sheep for the rest of your life. Clay?;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

WAR is uncivil. Maybe an uncivil protest against a greater incivility is warranted.

So just so we are in the same book here. . . You are for violence to prove a point, yet, not when it doesn't agree with your political views.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

WAR is uncivil. Maybe an uncivil protest against a greater incivility is warranted.

That's a pretty ridiculous notion. It quite boils down to "two wrongs make a right." Is that the new Democrat protesters' slogan?

Let's smash shop windows to demonstrate against the evils of war. Let's attack the police who are trying to keep the peace as a show of opposition to U.S. action in Iraq. Who knows, maybe a demonstration of lack of self-control, and hypocrisy, is warranted? [:/]

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

So just so we are in the same book here. . . You are for violence to prove a point, yet, not when it doesn't agree with your political views.

Maybe he's been reading the PETA website... :S

Maybe he's been taking notes while watching "Rosie."

-
-Jeffrey

That's a pretty ridiculous notion. It quite boils down to "two wrongs make a right."

Saddam Hussein was wrong for the way he ruled.

We were wrong for invading that country and killing thousands of people.

We're way past 2 wrongs. Definitely in the double digits at least.

Thanks for your opinion. We'll add it to the other 6 billion plus opinions in the world.

Mine is most closely matched with 5 billion 850 thousand of them. (half of this country and the rest of the world.)

Thanks for your opinion. We'll add it to the other 6 billion plus opinions in the world.

Mine is most closely matched with 5 billion 850 thousand of them. (half of this country and the rest of the world.)

Wow, you speak for the entire rest of the world?!

Ask 'em for me what the hell is up with their fascination with David Hasselhoff!
:S

-
-Jeffrey

Ask 'em for me what the hell is up with their fascination with David Hasselhoff***
1/ You guys (Yanks) made him big...
2/ You're damn right. HOW TH E FUCK DID DH GET SO F.....G BIG IN EUROPE?????????????? (May Day);)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Ask 'em for me what the hell is up with their fascination with David Hasselhoff***
2/ You're damn right. HOW TH E FUCK DID DH GET SO F.....G BIG IN EUROPE?????????????? (May Day)

Because you frenchies finally stopped laughing at 80 year old Jerry Lewis movies and latched on to the next thing to come along? :P

2/ You're damn right. HOW TH E FUCK DID DH GET SO F.....G BIG IN EUROPE?????????????? (May Day);)

Dude, I made him big when I was twelve years old watching Knight Rider!! I did nothing to help him out once I was old enough to know better.

In answer to question two, I'd offer "Europeans have questionable taste!" :P

-
-Jeffrey