sundevil777

Michael Moore lied - using faked newspaper front page

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/7/30/204734.shtml

According to the Pantagraph newspaper in Bloomington, Illinois, Michael Moore’s movie Fahrenheit 9/11 contains a scene in which Moore altered their front page: Newspaper: Michael Moore Faked Front Page.

BLOOMINGTON — Filmmaker Michael Moore’s Bush-basing documentary “Fahrenheit 9/11” apparently has upset more than Republicans.

The (Bloomington) Pantagraph newspaper in central Illinois has sent a letter to Moore and his production company, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., asking Moore to apologize for using what the newspaper says was a doctored front page in the film, the paper reported Friday. It also is seeking compensatory damages of $1.

A scene early in the movie that shows newspaper headlines related to the legally contested presidential election of 2000 included a shot of The Pantagraph’s Dec. 19, 2001, front page, with the prominent headline: “Latest Florida recount shows Gore won election.”

The paper says that headline never appeared on that day. It appeared in a Dec. 5, 2001, edition, but the headline was not used on the front page. Instead, it was found in much smaller type above a letter to the editor, which the paper says reflects “only the opinions of the letter writer.”

“If (Moore) wants to ‘edit’ The Pantagraph, he should apply for a copy-editing job,” the paper said.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thanks for the update. Again, no surprises. The entire movie is one big lie. All of the non-sheep with average intelligence knew the movie was bullshit. That's the kind of person he is. A liar.

And did I read that right? $1? That's it?

One wonders why he is the dems poster child, then again they had jesse.

One wonders why he is the dems poster child

Michael Moron's movies are the only source of knowledge the majority of posters on these forums have. It's fucking hysterical. Before F911 came out you never heard 99% of the arguments they're posting. Now that it's out they're clinging on to it like the Holy Grail and spewing the lies in it like it's the truth or something.

Sad.

Forty-two

Before F911 came out you never heard 99% of the arguments they're posting.

Umm... no. The movie didn't tell me anything I didn't know (or argue about) already. :P

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Umm... no. The movie didn't tell me anything I didn't know (or argue about) already. :P

indeed... Moore's 'intel' is waaaaay behind anyone who really pays attention...

indeed... Moore's 'intel' is waaaaay behind anyone who really pays attention...

Exactly. The liberal sheep on here don't pay attention. They take the lies of a fictional movie and believe them to be true then recite them on here word for word in an an attempt to make us think they're up to speed on politics.

Forty-two

You're being too harsh.

Libs admit that he lies, but use his 'facts' as an argument anyway.;)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

So, you wanna talk about the precision of statements?

No, I want to hear what you have to say about this 'revalation'.

Is it just his way of presenting facts, does it explain why people detest the dirtbag.

. . . does it explain why people detest the dirtbag.

No.

Some people dislike Michael Moore for various reasons. I assume that for the majority it's mostly for the same reasons they dislike anyone who disagrees with their own long held beliefs -- simple human nature.

If you've based your life around a certain value system and someone tells you that perhaps one of the major tenents of that system is faulty -- it's human nature to disagree with the person and vilify him.

When Galileo looked through a telescope and wrote "Starry Messenger", it shattered the notion that Earth was the center of the Universe and the Catholic church quickly moved to silence him.

Now, I'm not saying that Michael Moore has given us information that is of that importance, but it does shake the belief system of a few people and they -are- lashing out at him for simply presenting another point of view.

It's an emotional responce and not an intellectual one. That's ok, it's how humans are wired.

Michael Moore's movie appears to have deeply affected the emotional centers of certain people and they seem to have gone off the very deep end in their attempts to makes regain their previous view of the world.

Tuna's statement, "Before F911 came out you never heard 99% of the arguments they're posting" is simply incorrect. I'd heard most of what was presented in the movie and in fact we'd probably discussed most of it right here in this Forum.

I'm still curious if Tuna himself has ever seen the movie though.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I assume that for the majority it's mostly for the same reasons they dislike anyone who disagrees with their own long held beliefs

Negative. Most people probably dislike him because he lies and deceives Americans for the purpose of turning us against our leader. He is a hateful man that dislikes America.

Forty-two

. . . does it explain why people detest the dirtbag.

No.

Some people dislike Michael Moore for various reasons. I assume that for the majority it's mostly for the same reasons they dislike anyone who disagrees with their own long held beliefs -- simple human nature.

If you've based your life around a certain value system and someone tells you that perhaps one of the major tenents of that system is faulty -- it's human nature to disagree with the person and vilify him.

When Galileo looked through a telescope and wrote "Starry Messenger", it shattered the notion that Earth was the center of the Universe and the Catholic church quickly moved to silence him.

Now, I'm not saying that Michael Moore has given us information that is of that importance, but it does shake the belief system of a few people and they -are- lashing out at him for simply presenting another point of view.

It's an emotional responce and not an intellectual one. That's ok, it's how humans are wired.

Michael Moore's movie appears to have deeply affected the emotional centers of certain people and they seem to have gone off the very deep end in their attempts to makes regain their previous view of the world.

Tuna's statement, "Before F911 came out you never heard 99% of the arguments they're posting" is simply incorrect. I'd heard most of what was presented in the movie and in fact we'd probably discussed most of it right here in this Forum.

I'm still curious if Tuna himself has ever seen the movie though.

You don't get it I think, you must come out of denial. The reason he deeply affected people, including to be detested, is because of his intention to evoke the emotional response by INTENTIONALLY lying, to include faking a newspaper headline.

Is that bad enough to be specifically acknowledged by those who are impressed by his ability to make a 'powerful/emotion provoking' movie?

As Al Franken says, Michael Moore is a big fat liar (he was not very tolerant of fat conservatives, so allow me this cheap shot:ph34r:).

Your long answer is all spin, it looks to me.

You don't get it I think, you must come out of denial. The reason he deeply affected people, including to be detested, is because of his intention to evoke the emotional response by INTENTIONALLY lying, to include faking a newspaper headline.

And I think Michael Moore and others feel that they have been lied to by people far more powerful and with far more consequence -- GWB for instance.

I know that I really don't worry too much if someone is caught in a bit of a lie and it cost me the price of a movie ticket. I usually get a little more pissed off when a lie may have caused thousands of innocent deaths, the deaths of hundreds of US servicemen and possibly the source of further terrorism in the world.

If you're pissed at Michael Moore instead of GWB, then I suggest to you that perhaps you worry about the wrong things.
quade -

Paul, it is very interesting that you rank MM with Galileo, who as opposed as MM, came up with a result based on FACTS, and through prudent, patient and studious observation of his hypothesis.

MM simply counts on people that will take his movie as a "documentary" to pursue his agenda and is not even man enough to dispel this notion on his own, and come clean. Hey, for that matter there are a lot of bullshitters in this world that can revolutionize the whole world based on simply personal fallacies.

Most opposed to his views are simply upset by the aforementioned reason. Is this hard to understand at all?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

caught in a bit of a lie?

What matters to me is that this shitbag is capable of swaying votes.

It seems that for you, all is OK because what matters most to you is that his cause is just!

One subject at a time. Everyone deserves their criticism separately.

And I think Michael Moore and others feel that they have been lied to by people far more powerful and with far more consequence -- GWB for instance.

I know that I really don't worry too much if someone is caught in a bit of a lie and it cost me the price of a movie ticket. I usually get a little more pissed off when a lie may have caused thousands of innocent deaths, the deaths of hundreds of US servicemen and possibly the source of further terrorism in the world.

If you're pissed at Michael Moore instead of GWB, then I suggest to you that perhaps you worry about the wrong things.

More people have died due to the LACK of response of the previous government. Go ahead, tally the numbers if you like.

US service men and woman are prepared to give their lives as prescribed in the code of conduct, article I.

We know there are threats out there, they did not come to us just after GWB was in office, it was simmering for a long time before he came around.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

We know there are threats out there, they did not come to us just after GWB was in office, it was simmering for a long time before he came around.

Quite right.

They would have attacked even if Ralph Nader had won the election. (edit-I would not have wanted him in charge of the response, he said to O'Reilly he would have gone after OBL with small teams of commandos/etc. - basically admitting that the Taliban would still control Afghanistan).

I think it very important to acknowledge this.

More people have died due to the LACK of response of the previous government. Go ahead, tally the numbers if you like.

Excuse me? Can you show me any direct connection between the events of September 11, 2001 and Iraq?

There IS a direct connection between September 11 and Saudi Arabia -- why didn't we attack them?

No. The entire Iraqi situation, well intentioned though it may be, is totally bogus.
quade -

The reason we invaded has been said many many times.

Yep, many times and in many ways . . . all bogus.

As for me moving . . . not likely. That's the great thing about this country and -why- I love it. I can disagree with GWB as much as I want. If he's voted out of office, I encourage you to continue to voice your opinion of the situation.

We don't all have to agree on everything.

Those that think we do are simply wrong.
quade -