quade

What will they do?

If this were Whoopi's stand up routine at the Laugh Stop, it would be a non issue, it wasn't... It was a fund raiser, and Kerry gave, at ther very least, his tacit approval by not objecting right then and there...

The DNC ran a candidate like that in the last election - his name was Al Bore. He may be their flag bearer, but you want him to approve all jokes too? What kind of killjoy would that be!? The question should be - how much did he raise? He needs the money far more than Bush does - he actually had to win the nomination .

I enjoy laughing at everyone, myself included. I laugh at inappropriate jokes if they're good ones. I'm willing to bet the same is true of you.

I know he was convicted of the same offense. The difference between the two is striking - 'class' and 'ass'.

Supporters of racial discrimination do seem to get the greatest support from the NAACP, but then again they aren't really a civil rights organization any more.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

The artists probably had contracts that said video of the performances couldn't be used for anything.

This is standard.

So, the DNC paid her to do that?
Talk about class in politics!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Could you please explain to me what is "classy" about drunk driving?

sure, when bush or any conservative do it, classy. When a liberal does it, he is an ass.

Can't believe you don't understand that.

How childish to relate these behaviors to political affiliation. It's more like this:

When a man drives drunk, kills somebody in the process, then denies all culpability in the matter -- that's ASS.

When a man drives drunk, admits he was wrong, then does what he can to promote DUI Awareness -- that's CLASS.

Can't believe you don't understand that . . .

. . =(_8^(1)

How childish to relate these behaviors to political affiliation. It's more like this:

When a man drives drunk, kills somebody in the process, then denies all culpability in the matter -- that's ASS.

When a man drives drunk, admits he was wrong, then does what he can to promote DUI Awareness -- that's CLASS.

when a man drives drunk he is an ass, no matter what he does after that.

So when a man goes to war, receives commendations for his actions, gets swept up in the horror of the war and follows orders that violate international laws, admits what he did was wrong and tries to stop it from happening anymore -- that would be classy too, right?

Now don't be childish and take political affiliation into account.

someone who's two faced says one thing, and turns around and says or does the exact opposite.

"I voted For . . . Be fore I voted against. . . .

That's different from someone who adjusts their words and behavior to match the situation.

Oh - so it's just politicvians speak then - and that is different, how?

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So when a man goes to war, receives commendations for his actions, gets swept up in the horror of the war and follows orders that violate international laws, admits what he did was wrong and tries to stop it from happening anymore -- that would be classy too, right?

Sure. But what bugs me is today's nauseating exploitation of his wonderful and honorable purple-heart-winning role in the war. Either he was a hero or a criminal. He can't have been both.

Now don't be childish and take political affiliation into account.

I'm not in love with Bush's military record either but you're right, let's leave political affiliation out of the picture when determining character.

If Kennedy were a republican, he'd still be a terminal asshole over Chappaquiddick.

. . =(_8^(1)

when a man drives drunk he is an ass, no matter what he does after that.

Thanks for the completely shallow and inadequate response. ;)

Choose to not see a difference in the two behaviors as you wish, or is convenient -- makes no difference to me.

. . =(_8^(1)

It is interesting how much stone-throwing is going on about drunk driving. It's as if TK and GB were the only ones who have ever done it. Certainly no one here. :)

It's as if the act of drunk driving and being caught by the law is less dangerous than doing it and not being caught.

TK did kill someone and went to his attorney to get him out of it. (Apparently, that is where you go for medical attention in Mass.)

GB admitted it was wrong.

I'll admit that I have driven drunk and I think it was poor, immature judgement and a very bad idea. If I am planning on drinking now, I plan on how to avoid driving.

If my past drinking and driving demonizes me somehow now, then there it is. Realizing that it is a bad idea now seems like growth.

Depends on the manner in which he did so, hence the facts once again throw a wrench into a puerile leftist comparison. Kerry committed treason by going to Paris and actively participating in meetings to 'aid and comfort' the North Vietnamese. Among other things.

[:/]
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!