tunaplanet

Talk Radio Hosts

Which nationally syndicated political talk radio show do you listen to? Yes, I'm sure I left some big ones out.

I listen to Limbaugh regularly. His show is good but tends to get too caught up in himself at times.

My favorite right now is Glen Beck. Does anyone else love this guy? He is awesome. Love his show very much. Always tune in for him.

Forty-two

Loved Hendrie when he was funny and not so much of a tool of Clear Channel. Pity. He's become -way- too politically self important lately.

I listen to Limbaugh occasionally if I am in traffic at the time. Usually because it's the only thing I can count on hearing no matter where I drive.

I'd listen to Franken more often if his transmitter in L.A. had more power than a microwave oven.

To balance out the Limbaugh I also listen to NPR. Morning Edition is very nice for an early morning (6 am) drive. Usually about 2 days ahead of the main stream press on major stories. Seriously.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm quite conservative, and listen often to Beck and Rush, but I usually get very tired of their style after a short time.

They both seem to take sooo long to make a simple point.

Haven't listened to Hannity as much, but he seems better.

On and on and on and on about the same thing they just said!

Maybe it is being in a small 'booth' gets them to think that people didn't understand them the third time they said it. Maybe that is why Hannity seems better, he is used to being on TV.

They could discuss so much more and let more callers in if they didn't go on so much.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Howard has been quite political lately.

He is very intolerant of conservatives.

edit - I liked his OLD TV (mid '90s) show much better. Not the E!TV airing of his radio show, but where he would do skits like spot the lesbian...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I unfortunatley have never had the privelage to listen to Franken. Is his show good? Is he humorous or a hate monger? I love him as an actor and comedian. He was hysterical on SNL.

Franken is to the left what Limbaugh is to the right -- entertaining depending on your point of view. No more or less a "hate monger" than any of the rest and actually makes a good point every now and then -- just like the rest. The problem is the incessant nature of of the beast -- catering to a specific political agenda at the expense of the other side, so even though it's entertaining -- it wears on me -- just like Limbaugh.

When I -do- listen to Franken, it's usually via the internet which is just fine for talk radio.
quade -

You mean straight-laced like when Limbaugh attempts comedy by doing impressions of Clinton and plays those musical parodies?

Since when is Limbaugh straight-laced? Limbaugh is almost always attempting humor.
quade -

I see a lot of love for Glen Beck.

The guy is pretty fucking awesome.

But his intro after commercials must take over a minute, and I can't even understand many of the words in the lame song/jingle.

At least Rush plays good music coming back from commercials, especially like it when he plays RUSH.

better watch out. If you're in the military stationed abroad, you might not be able to listen to Rush Limbaugh much longer. Fucking Senate.

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200406\NAT20040617a.html

Well, if they want "balance", they'll have to kill AFRTS altogether.

Left-wing media entertainment has dominated AFRTS for decades. The same Hollywood liberal pablum that gets pumped into our homes also goes out to GIs worldwide, and they're a CAPTIVE audience (the military radio and television is pretty limited - what else are you going to watch - Korean TV, fer cryin' out loud?!).

As usual, it's only the outlet they don't dominate (talk radio) that they're crying about a "lack of balance" on.

Fucking liberal shit. >:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I wish Rush was a little more sensitive toward the environment. A day at the lake to him would be smoking a cigar under a black umbrella in the middle of a 50 acre asphalt parking lot. I'm sure his beer would be delivered by bikini clad conservatives.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.