Gravitymaster

Results of French Appeasement

Attack on Metro 'foiled by raids'
(Filed: 10/06/2004)

Islamic militants arrested in a series of raids across Europe were planning a suicide attack on the Paris Metro, according to their arrest warrant.

The 27-page Italian judicial document included transcribed telephone conversations in which the suspects discussed the Metro system, security arrangements and a "martyr" referred to as Mohamed.

The warrant, seen by the Reuters news agency, was used to detain Rabei Osman Sayed Ahmed, known as "Mohamed the Egyptian", a former Egyptian army explosives expert believed to be one of the masterminds of the Madrid commuter train attacks.

Those blasts killed 191 people and wounded 1,900.

Spanish police arrested six more people in the north of the country yesterday in connection with the sale of explosives used in the March 11 train bombings.

The Italian arrest warrant quotes members of the group as saying they planned a rehearsal for an attack in Paris using SMS mobile phone technology. The Milan prosecutor's office said the method was similar to that used in the Madrid bombings, when bombs were triggered using mobile telephones.

Ahmed and another man were arrested in Italy. Belgian police, acting on information from Italy, arrested 15 people they said were preparing for an attack.

In 1995, eight people died and around 200 people were injured in a wave of attacks by Algerian Islamist militants on the Paris Metro. Two men were sentenced to life imprisonment for the blasts.

Last month the French authorities launched an anti-terrorist exercise simulating an attack on the Metro.
----------------------------------------------------------

Why would the terrorists attack France? I thought France was the best friend they had?

Why would the terrorists attack France? I thought France was the best friend they had?

Before attacking the French read up on your history. They've been fighting terrorism, and actually caught who they were after, long before we got involved in this game.

You are misinformed.

Apparently I also need to work on my sarcasm.

Good luck with that

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Anti war in Iraq does not = pro terrorist. It's amazing how otherwise intelligent people have dificutly with that concept.

I'd go further than that. Bush's Iraq adventure has in fact been a distraction from, and a set back in, the war against terrorism.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anti war in Iraq does not = pro terrorist. It's amazing how otherwise intelligent people have dificutly with that concept.

I'd go further than that. Bush's Iraq adventure has in fact been a distraction from, and a set back in, the war against terrorism.

I'll go further than that and say that Bush's mis-adventure in Iraq has actually encouraged new terrorists to join the cause.

Hey Gravitymaster, since you think that people who speak out against the war are causing terrorism and are commiting treason, how do you feel about someone who commits acts based on lies that encourage terrorism? Or does your double standard kick in to effect there?

I'll go further than that and say that Bush's mis-adventure in Iraq has actually encouraged new terrorists to join the cause.

Hey Gravitymaster, since you think that people who speak out against the war are causing terrorism and are commiting treason, how do you feel about someone who commits acts based on lies that encourage terrorism? Or does your double standard kick in to effect there?

No double standard here. I simply reject your premise.

You didn't think about that at all.

t

Lets see I posted saying I was being sarcastic at 9:52 and you posted this at 10:15. So you either missed it or were trying to be inflamatory. Or maybe you didn't Think

You didn't think about that at all.

t

Lets see I posted saying I was being sarcastic at 9:52 and you posted this at 10:15. So you either missed it or were trying to be inflamatory. Or maybe you didn't Think

Now I know why you advocate violating peoples civil rights. Becuase you're psychic and can tell what everyone else is thinking and what their motives are. I mean, the last 4 posts of yours that I read did exactly that, so it must be true.

No double standard here. I simply reject your premise.

The Right is quick to claim credit when the administration lies about reducing terrorism, but when the lie is revealed and we see that terrorism is actually increasing, it's not on account of anything Bush & Co did. Bwaahaahaa.

Caught with their pants down again.

www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=787DCC64-7530-4C22-84F65C56CFD2AC60&Title=US%20State%20Department%20Says%20It%20Understated%20Terror%20Attacks%20and%20Casualties&db=current

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In a talk with reporters Thursday, Mr. Powell acknowledged the reporting errors, calling them "very disturbing." But he insisted they were the result of poor coordination between the State Department and other agencies tabulating terrorist incidents and "had nothing to do" with any attempt to manipulate the figures.

We're not liars, we're just incompetent.

Watch and you'll see:

During the next two years, there will be a significant increase in French involvement in world affairs, especially where the USA is concerned.

You will see more French interference in anything the USA does, more attempts to get France involved or connected with things American.

Franch will become a powerhouse , although an interference in many aspects of running the whole world.

Just WATCH.....the next two years will be shocking in many ways.

Bill Cole D-41

Franch will become a powerhouse ,

That's funny, but doubtful.

The French tend to mind their own business, for the most part. They have, as near as I can tell, never played a significant role in world politics and I suspect that they have no desire to do so.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

"They have, as near as I can tell, never played a significant role in world politics"

Never is a long time, we spent a lot of time and effort fighting them, Waterloo, Salamanca, Trafalgar, Austerlitz, futher back we have Agincourt, the Battle of Hastings etc etc etc.
What about the colonisation of Africa and the far east?

But I see your point when applied to more recent history. Look up Dien Bien Phu to see how recently (only 40 years ago) the French have been involved in foreign politics.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Very true. On a lighter note my hist prof in Uni always said "If youre asked what happened in xyz century, a safe and accurate answer would be, England and France were at war."

Also what many American forget is that France helped us greatly in the Revolutionary War. Yes they had vested interests, still pissed about the French Indian war. I still think w/o their supplies and open support after the battle of Saratoga the out come of that war couldv'e been different.