Jib

Should Reagan Be on the $10?

Every $1 coin the US has produced has fallen flat on its face--a complete failure. (See Susan B. Anthony and Sacajawea(sp?) dollar coins...)

Probably because for some ridiculous reason they insist on making them the same size as the quarter. A dollar coin would catch on if they stopped making the dollar bill. It's great when you go to Canada, empty the change out of your pocket and find it's worth $8. Of course that's only about 15 cents US, but still.

a recent suggestion I saw was to put Reagan on a Trillion Dollar bill
- convenient change to pay off national deficits.

T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

I'm Me. and I have no need for silly political club affiliation. Not just hell no but FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!

May quite possibly be the greatest post ever made on these forums. Good job. Me and Snowflake belong to the "We have a brain and think for ourselves" political party.

Forty-two

I just don't see how a case can be made that Reagan is somehow "special".

Wow, there's a shocker. A liberal not seeing a republican president worthy of a great honor such as being on currency.

Does anyone have an original, non-sheepish comment? I swear if I heard a democrat stand up and say, "You know, I may be a democrat, but I have to give praise and props to I may just fucking faint.

It's ok, people, if you give props to someone your masters forbid you to you won't die. They won't seek you out and do bodily harm B|

Forty-two

Perhaps a fair compromise would be to put Reagan on something both appropriate to the liberals yet fundamentally useful (which he was).

That is my basis for suggesting that he appear on the new 99c coin or the new $99 bill:S.

Mike.

Edited to add: I'd also like to see Nixon on the curency... And you need a $3 bill.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I don't mind putting Reagan on currency, even if I am a Democrat. But I do object to replacing Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton's ideas were WAY ahead of his time. Unlike Jefferson, Hamilton understood that the U.S. wasn't going to always be a sleepy nation of farming villages. He understood, and helped put in motion the structures and policies that helped America to become a world power in trade and finance. Hamilton really was THE economic Founding Father of the America we know, and the America that Reagan loved. Besides, Hamilton was also the illegitimate son of a single mom and can be looked up to as a good example for so many kids.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson or Grant fade away off the $20 or $50 bill. Aside from both being generals, Jackson's known for throwing a few great parties at the White House, and for sending the Indians to Oklahoma on the "Trail of Tears" in defiance of a Supreme Court order. Grant unfortunately was one of of the most inept and scandal plagued presidents in our history, the only time the guy's life ever made sense was in uniform. Either one of them could easily be retired to make room for Ronnie.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I don't mind putting Reagan on currency, even if I am a Democrat. But I do object to replacing Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton's ideas were WAY ahead of his time. Unlike Jefferson, Hamilton understood that the U.S. wasn't going to always be a sleepy nation of farming villages. He understood, and helped put in motion the structures and policies that helped America to become a world power in trade and finance. Hamilton really was THE economic Founding Father of the America we know, and the America that Reagan loved. Besides, Hamilton was also the illegitimate son of a single mom and can be looked up to as a good example for so many kids.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson or Grant fade away off the $20 or $50 bill. Aside from both being generals, Jackson's known for throwing a few great parties at the White House, and for sending the Indians to Oklahoma on the "Trail of Tears" in defiance of a Supreme Court order. Grant unfortunately was one of of the most inept and scandal plagued presidents in our history, the only time the guy's life ever made sense was in uniform. Either one of them could easily be retired to make room for Ronnie.

No, stick with the founding fathers.

And while we're at it, get rid of all the stupid new quarters and nickels.

Or the next thing you know our money will be like postage stamps, featuring Donald Duck and Michael Jackson...

Hey! Have you seen the new Lindsey Lohan $2 bills?

Wow, is this thread a "blast from the past". Names of posters I haven't seen in years. I wonder if the exchange between Phillykev and Tunaplanet had anything to do with Phillykev not posting any more and Tunaplanet's abrupt disappearance?

Don

. . . and Tunaplanet's abrupt disappearance?

I sort of always assumed Tuna was a plant/volunteer/man on a personal mission just for the 2004 election.

He pretty much had a one track mind. Pretty much posted on one topic. Pretty much only ever voiced one side of any argument.

First log on was almost exactly one year before the 2004 election and within a week of of Inauguration Day 2005 . . . poof . . . gone and never to be heard from again.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I thought Ronald Reagan was a giant.

A giant what? Giant senile buffoon?

He had his flaws,...

Tripled the debt, engaged us in the Cold War to massive proportions. Cut taxes to nothing for the rich.

... but love him or despise him, he had great leadership instincts, character, and guts.

He did nothing after the Beirut barracks were bombed. He strategically avoided WWII to make training movies and he was as much a philanderer as Clinton.

That being said, the answer is most emphatically NO, he should not be on paper currency.

Maybe rubber money.

I think the purpose of pictures on paper currency is to remind people of the purpose for which the US was created. The Founders, men who were products of the Enlightenment, were a torch that lit the world, and forever changed the way people thought about government and their relationship to it. For this, they should be immortalized for all time.

Then why not have them holding a slave by a chain around his/herneck if you want it to be accurate?

I'd like to see a coin of some kind minted for a special limited run to honor Reagan, such as the quarter, and only for a minting year or until the end of this year.

Honor him for what acts/accomplishments?

I was thinking if not the $10 then the $1 coin.

That's my thought. I've long thought that the US should mint 1 dollar coins instead of 1 dollar bills, simply for the sake of wear and tear.

I'd like to see Reagan on the 1 dollar coins.

Every $1 coin the US has produced has fallen flat on its face--a complete failure. (See Susan B. Anthony and Sacajawea(sp?) dollar coins...)

So then it would be fitting.

I just don't see how a case can be made that Reagan is somehow "special".

Wow, there's a shocker. A liberal not seeing a republican president worthy of a great honor such as being on currency.

Does anyone have an original, non-sheepish comment? I swear if I heard a democrat stand up and say, "You know, I may be a democrat, but I have to give praise and props to I may just fucking faint.

It's ok, people, if you give props to someone your masters forbid you to you won't die. They won't seek you out and do bodily harm B|

OK, aside from Conservs love Reagan and Dems hate him, illustrate his accomplishments.

Don't forget that the national debt was all but paid down under Andrew Jackson.

You do realize you're spamming a thread that had gone stale almost two years before you registered, yes?

I'm not spamming anything, I'm posting to a thread that was made current by someone else.

Besides, your hero, fascist pig Ronny's deeds are ageless and timeless. His massive spending coupled with immense tax cuts, about the same as right before the Great Depression, will be with us for the rest of our lives and the next several generations too. So what's years amongst 2 trillion dollars (1980's dollars)?