quade

The Bush Twins -- Ya can't have it both ways

Quade, I think you are pushing this issue too much. You are asking for someone in the Bush family to think out what they say and try to have it be logical.

I guess by this comment that your family is more logical, so is your family more successful ? (glass houses)

Honestly, you are out of control. Please, have respect.

You should.

Nope, my family isn't. But then again, my family isn't sitting for press interviews and photo shoots while asking to be left alone at the same time. My family is staying far away from the media.

I thought not, for that reason alone you should mind your own words and have respect.

I am pretty sure Bo's family isn't responsible for thousands of deaths. I already respect Bo's family much more than I will ever respect Mr. Bush and his sideshow.

"Nope, my family isn't."

I thought not, for that reason alone you should mind your own words and have respect.

Last I checked, I am not chasing the twins for their picture or asking for interviews. Therefore by default I am respecting that request.

What I am doing is mocking the brilliant logic GW seems to have. By asking to have respect as they push further into the spotlight he has drawn more attention.

Actions have consequences. Putting yourself in the limelight means you get it when you don't want it, as well as when you do. The intensity has changed (newspapers didn't show FDR in a wheelchair).

So tell me -- why is it OK to publish the embarrassing photo of John Kerry's daughter, and give the Bush twins a kid-glove treatment?

Stupid doesn't hurt as much when you're rich and powerful (and it doesn't). But public stupid hurts more. Those are the breaks, deal with it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Quade, I think you are pushing this issue too much. You are asking for someone in the Bush family to think out what they say and try to have it be logical.

I guess by this comment that your family is more logical, so is your family more successful ? (glass houses)

Yes, Bo. Did your grandfather make a fortune trading with the Nazis so's you'd have a nice inheritance? Thought not!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"I am pretty sure Bo's family isn't responsible for thousands of deaths. "

And I know for a fact "Bo's" family is not responsible for MILLIONS of Iraqi children getting life saving vaccines, Nor are they the reason for new schools, water treatment plants, and the removal of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF TONS ammunition/war shells. Nor is his family responsible for the Iraqi women who will competing in the up coming olympics. etc etc etc etc.

"I already respect Bo's family much more than I will ever respect Mr. Bush and his sideshow. "

So what?

------Have a good one!--------

And I know for a fact "Bo's" family is not responsible for MILLIONS of Iraqi children getting life saving vaccines, Nor are they the reason for new schools, water treatment plants, and the removal of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF TONS ammunition/war shells. Nor is his family responsible for the Iraqi women who will competing in the up coming olympics. etc etc etc etc.

"I already respect Bo's family much more than I will ever respect Mr. Bush and his sideshow. "

So what?

How many doses of vaccine do you have to provide in order to be entitled to kill one child, then?

Killing a people in order to save them went out with the Inquisition. I think you have a warped sense of values.

"So tell me -- why is it OK to publish the embarrassing photo of John Kerry's daughter, and give the Bush twins a kid-glove treatment?"

When did I ever say it was O.K? It's not. I have respect for all there kids, It's not easy having a rich and famous father.

Most rich and powerful people are not "stupid" and I don't know anyone in the Bush family that I believe meets the proper definition of stupid.

Oh I'm dealing with it with a smile.;)

Most rich and powerful people are not "stupid" and I don't know anyone in the Bush family that I believe meets the proper definition of stupid.

Oh I'm dealing with it with a smile.;)

TORONTO (AP), Nov 2002 -

A top aide to Prime Minister Jean Chretien resigned Tuesday over the controversy caused by her private comment last week that U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites) was a moron.

Francoise Ducros, who initially offered to quit but was kept on by Chretien, is leaving the prime minister's office after all, said a statement issued by Chretien's chief of staff.

In a letter of resignation to Chretien, Ducros wrote: "It is very apparent to me that the controversy will make it impossible for me to do my job."

"I would therefore like to leave my position as director of communications immediately," the letter said. "I am grateful for the support you have given me during this difficult time."

Chretien accepted the resignation this time, responding in a letter: "In your almost four years as director of communications, you have served the government as a whole, and me personally, with extraordinary skill and dedication."

The comment made in a discussion with a radio reporter last week at the NATO (news - web sites) summit in Prague has dominated Canadian media, with daily newspaper and broadcast stories on the aftermath that has included calls for her resignation by opposition politicians.

On Tuesday, the National Post newspaper ran a front-page story on a debate over the matter the previous night on the U.S. cable network CNN.

"What a moron," is the quote attributed to Ducros during what she called a private conversation with a reporter that was overhead by other reporters who wrote about it.

She apologized last week, but the furor has continued in Canada. On Monday, some opposition members of Parliament noted the comment appeared in an Iraqi newspaper editorial, characterized as Western opposition to Bush.

Chretien initially tried to play down the incident, telling a Prague news conference the comment was unfortunate and that Bush was a friend of his "and not a moron at all."

"How many doses of vaccine do you have to provide in order to be entitled to kill one child, then? "

I never said giving vaccine entitled anyone anything. You jumped to that conclusion on your own so deal with it on your own.

"I think you have a warped sense of values."

I think you have a warped sense of values, who's to say who's right or wrong, Let's ask you ex-wife?

"How many doses of vaccine do you have to provide in order to be entitled to kill one child, then? "

I never said giving vaccine entitled anyone anything. You jumped to that conclusion on your own so deal with it on your own.

So you didn't post this?

"And I know for a fact "Bo's" family is not responsible for MILLIONS of Iraqi children getting life saving vaccines, Nor are they the reason for new schools, water treatment plants, and the removal of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF TONS ammunition/war shells. Nor is his family responsible for the Iraqi women who will competing in the up coming olympics. etc etc etc etc. "

in response to this:

Sure looks to me that you excuse the deaths of thousands on account of some good works.

Or was it just a random, accidental juxtaposition of topics that have no relation to each other?

But don't drag them into political exploitation.

Don't drag them?!?

'Cuse me, but aren't they dragging themselves into the political arena by stumping for pops?

Who cares? There hsi daughters. They're not campaigning for him on some other platform or credentials. There is absolutely no value or reason to discuss their personal lives in relation to Bush's ability to be president. It's slimey.

But don't drag them into political exploitation.

Don't drag them?!?

'Cuse me, but aren't they dragging themselves into the political arena by stumping for pops?

Who cares? There hsi daughters. They're not campaigning for him on some other platform or credentials. There is absolutely no value or reason to discuss their personal lives in relation to Bush's ability to be president. It's slimey.

There are a number of right wing web sites devoted to attacking Kerry's wife. Yes, it's slimy, but sauce for the goose is often times sauce for the gander.

So tell me -- why is it OK to publish the embarrassing photo of John Kerry's daughter, and give the Bush twins a kid-glove treatment?

how old is Kerry's daughter?

An adult, just like the twins. Are you going to try and justify bashing her because she's older?

>why is it OK to publish the embarrassing photo of John Kerry's daughter,
>and give the Bush twins a kid-glove treatment?

Same reason it's OK to call Kerry's wife a whore, but such comments about Laura Bush would be completely unacceptable. Cause one side has to win at any cost.

Same reason it's OK to call Kerry's wife a whore, but such comments about Laura Bush would be completely unacceptable. Cause one side has to win at any cost.

Please post where she was called a whore.

Please post where she was called a whore.

A Google search will reveal several right wing blogs where she is called a whore or prostitute.