pojo

George Bush is so stupid...

"The Vatican scolded Bush for assuming a 'grave responsibility before God' in deciding that diplomacy had been exhausted, and the top UN refugee official Ruud Lubbers warned of the humanitarian consequences of war."

This, from a guy who is stonewalling investigations of the acts of pedophilia committed by members of the Church.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Sorry. I didn't realize that in order to be governor, you had to know all the names of the world leaders in major countries. See, governors deal with state issues. Now, you may say..."well, he was running for president at that time." but he was not president at that time, was he? I like the old saying (which I believe applies here) "It's not knowing the answers, it's knowing how to find them."

The flowing wave returns not, nor does the passing hour.

That just makes it even more sad, an environment where we hijack threads to keep peace? People cannot even practice principles on a meeting space in cyberspace that they expect the world to follow at the meeting table.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I dont even care to state an opinion, talkback is becoming rec dot in my opinion. I left it, and think shortly I will do the same here. It has probably been days or weeks since I saw a combined dozen interesting posts that did not degenerate into stupidity, namecalling, and war/peace bitching.

Ferret, that's why there are 19 other useful forums on dz.com...

Hence my attempts to intentionally hi-jack every thread. So far, I seem to be loosing. <---look speedracer!

Chris, you want to hi-jack one or Roger's plane and go where????

peace
http://www.exitshot.com

well the way i figure it, at the time he was asked, i knew the answers and i've never even considered running for any office. i just thought it was odd to be so ill prepared. i guess your point is valid enough, in that he wasn't president at the time, so i guess we're in agreement he didn't need to know where 1600 penn. ave. was until he became president? or is all knowledge on a "need to know?"
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Sorry. I didn't realize that in order to be governor, you had to know all the names of the world leaders in major countries. See, governors deal with state issues. Now, you may say..."well, he was running for president at that time." but he was not president at that time, was he? I like the old saying (which I believe applies here) "It's not knowing the answers, it's knowing how to find them."

Furthermore, Bush was "ambushed" in that interview, the questions about world leader's names thrown in his face rapid fire and out of sequence with the rest of the questions. Even the local interviewer later admitted the questions and technique were unfair.

. . =(_8^(1)

Furthermore, Bush was "ambushed" in that interview

no pun intended?

the questions about world leader's names thrown in his face rapid fire and out of sequence with the rest of the questions.

yeah, i can see how the "average joe" may not be prepared to handle, or anticipate such an onslaught, but Wyatt?

Even the local interviewer later admitted the questions and technique were unfair.

if i were him, i wouldn't have let my editor air my bad behaviour with a state elected official...or NOT.
--Richard--

Wow! You know all the names of the major world leaders? Gosh! I daresay you are a minority. How does it serve you, knowing their names? Do you find it makes you smarter, empowered, or just champ at Trivial Pursuit? Good for you *pats on back*

The flowing wave returns not, nor does the passing hour.

Speaking about blind people, true story : I had a part-time job waiting tables when I was a student. Anyway we had this one chick working with us who wasn't particularly bright. So, one night this couple come into the restaurant, blind wife being assisted by her husband. They are sitting in the not so bright chick's section. She walks up to the table with two menus and puts one down in front of each of them. Now, it was rather obvious from the moment they walked in that the wife was blind, so there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment before the husband says 'My wife is blind.'. Waitress looks a bit confused for a moment, then smiles, taps the blind wife on the shoulder and says : 'Your menu is in front of you.'

As funny as it is now, I can remember cringeing at the time... :)

i'll take political leaders for 5,000.00 please! what about you? i don't know of a wise ass category. J/K ;) relax, take a deep breath, let the medication work, count backwards from 1-10 ~~~~~~~~~~~

--Richard--

Ferret, that's why there are 19 other useful forums on dz.com...

Agreed...but I remember when it was not that way. I agree I can just not read it, which I said I might consider doing. But it still irks me because it was not always this way. We used to rag on wreck dot for the same things we are doing.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

A plane loses power over the mountains; on board is the pilot, Bush, Chirac, the Pope and a college kid. (Hey, this is a joke - at least there are no hookers or midgets.)

The pilot comes back from the cockpit. "Bad news, folks - we have to bail out but there's only four parachutes. I'm gonna take one so I can get word to Bombardier why the engines failed, so I can save the lives of other passengers." With that he takes a parachute, opens the baggage door and bails out.

Bush and Chirac eye each other momentarily, then lunge. Bush grabs it and puts it on. "I'm the leader of the strongest country on the planet, and it is my vision of a democratic middle east that must survive. You, my friend, do not deserve to live after what you did." With that he bails out.

The remaining three look at each other. "Take the parachute, my son," says the Pope. "I am not long for this world anyway."

"No problem, your holiness, we're all gonna make it" says the college kid. "The guy with all the vision just jumped with my backpack."