skreamer

Getting off newbie status

Yes, Aggie, but did you ever subsequently go out and buy the original CD?
How about if people starting ripping skydiving movies and trading them using Wrapster? Then skydivers would be screwed out of royalties, but the person downloading the movie could use your logic to justify it. There, sir, I await your rebuttal with fingers poised over keyboard and buttocks clenched. (sorry but Wingnut's spanking post got me all excited)

That is a good analogy of sorts; however, do skydivers artificially inflate the price of their product simply because they are profiteering gluttons. Also, do they use strong armed tactics to attempt to squash a new medium simpley because they do not nor do they wish to fully understand it? The same arguments have already been made many times over when the audio cassette tape came out, when the VCR came out and now with the explosion in the popularity of MP3s and the advent of the p2p technology. Personally I'm not sure which is scarier: having big business use innappropiate tactics to attempt to kill new technology or having copywrite laws violated.
:)AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

You raise a VERY good point there sir. A fine example would the survival pack of 5 videos : pack like a pro, fly like a pro etc. Those 5 videos are all extremely short. I do not have a problem with that, but why not put all 5 movies on one cassette and pass along the saving to us the consumers?
This is only one example. I do not either buy into the Supply and Demand approach used by skydiving video retailers. I appreciate that my Pro-track cost a lot of money because it is a specialized piece of equipment and sales will be limited. But selling a half hour to one hour skydiving video for $30 plus??? I put it to you that this verges on exploitation of us, the starving skydiving masses.

Skreamer, Baby!! Where have you been?? I haven't heard from you in a while. It stinks that we can't post pictures in the threads now, so what will we do about our dirtdive?? How will we show our Froggie/Jumpergirl pics?? Do you have any suggestions??
Blue skies to everyone!!

jaaaaaaaaaaymeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
How the hell are you? How was your weekend?, did you jump huh, huh? Please tell me all about it, I'm going to pull a sickie tomorrow so I might just spend the whole night on-line (so I can see the fun you guys have while I'm normally asleep).
What do you think of the new Forum?
/s

Skreamer... I have been good. I didn't get to jump, although the weather was beautiful this past weekend. 70 degrees and beautiful blue skies!! I kicked myself for not having my gear with me!! I am planning to go make a few jumps this weekend though!!
Sangrio... you need to have the threads ready to post pictures by... then end of March! That is a very friendly request on behalf of myself and Froggie! We'll make it worth your time and trouble! ;-)