Zennie

Poll - Zennie's Canopy Designs

OK. I'm in the process of buying a rig. So I went to Square One and started banging out canopy color schemes.
I've created a web page that shows each design and has a name above it. I would really appreciate your input on which designs you like best. After all, you're gonna see one of these in the skies soon! I want it to be your favorite.
The link is here.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I like Blaze, too. What's so weird about bedroom guys? Maybe those are the colors of Ted's sheets or bedspread or something. Maybe those colors make him want to jump in bed with a hottie or something??? LOL
Personally, Zennie, I think the canopy's design should be YOUR favorite, not ours! But whatever floats your boat! I know what colors I would get on a canopy if I got a custom one, but I got a stock pattern so oh well. The pattern is pretty though.
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

Well, "Bob" we'd have to go with Mardi Gras on that one.
Something about it says, "Fun with flavour".B|
However, shouldn't the "best" design chosen be YOUR favourite, and not the forums???
I can appreciate getting the feedback, but do with what you like better. I know when I get to ordering mine, the colours won't be negotiable (any one guess what they are???no fair Sis, you can't cheat), but the patterns will be up for debate.
very little of my sense.
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

Well, I went through a lot of designs and these were all of my favorites. I have a couple I'm leaning toward more than the others, but I'm not very good at designs so I just wanted to see what others liked (and maybe confirm my preferences). If I went with any of these I'd be happy.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Damn you Sis, I should learn to type faster!!!!

Personally, Zennie, I think the canopy's design should be YOUR favorite, not ours!

Now I just look like a cheap poser!!! (whoever said I wasn't:D! - "Shut up conscience!":)Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

Hey Zennie,
Not to shake ya' up or anything but something ya' might want to consider...Can it be seen from the air?? If ya' have to chop and a pilot can see it, it might make it easier to spot and ya' don't have to go searching too far...if it has a lot of nuetral colors, it may be hard to find...just my $.02...
Triple F
Edited by TripleF on 3/21/01 09:04 PM.

I like all of them, except the spectrum. FFF has a good point about making it visible should you every cut it away. I also like symetry and a nice bright center cell for easy packing. Packing my Hornet with color coded lines and a neon yellow center cell is way too easy.

What did you use to create the graphics?

I used a few pieces of software to create that web page. First, as far as the design goes, Square 1 has a canopy design applet that I used to do the color schemes. The applet is here.
I created a scheme and then used screen capture software to grab the image, crop it, and save it to my hard drive. I used CaptureNPrint, which is freeware. You can get it at Tucows.
I then used some basic image editing software (such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro) to resize the image down to thumbnail size so that it would fit easily into the table.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I'm guessing Zennie just used a printscreen and pasted the image into Photoshop or some other type of photo-editing software and saved them that way.
I kinda like the Mardi Gras. Nothing wrong at all with getting advice from people. Sure, it's your canopy design, but if you're the type of person like me who needs fashion advice when picking out clothes in the morning you need to make sure you're not getting something that looks godawful. I could probably make a canopy design that would make the kids at the DZ go screaming in terror when I landed (although not as well as PLFKing can I'm sure!) :P

Sure, it's your canopy design, but if you're the type of person like me who needs fashion advice when picking out clothes in the morning you need to make sure you're not getting something that looks godawful.

This was basically my thinking on the subject. But you mean you actually go out and buy clothes? I don't think I've bought anything in my 36 years of life. My Mom or wife always got sick of my old clothes and would just bring something home out of the blue.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Mardi Gras rocks. I have a feeling bed spread and sea would be hard to find if you cutaway and nobody seen where they went down. Visibilty in the air is another thing to consider as well. My Triathlon is Neon Purple/Neon Pink/Neon Orange/Neon Yellow/Neon Orange/Neon Pink/Neon Purple and I like it. The ultimate decision is yours though. Have fun with it.
Craig