Craig

Dead men walking?

Decide for yourself...
Two jumpers flying head-down, CYPRES fires on the jumper being filmed. Other jumper flips over and is pulling his main as his CYPRES fires it would seem, since he has two out. Canopy flight a whopping 9 seconds! before landing in someones back yard. The jumper then sums up the whole deal quite well in his closing words. Check it out...
ftp://129.2.229.250/UPLOADS/CYPRES.AVI
note: the URL for the clip will likely change in a few days to another directory. If the link dies just go to the highest directory (ftp://129.2.229.250) and search for the filename in the directories listed there, as it probibally will not change.
Craig

Well, after 20 minutes of waiting and 3.2meg of downloads, all I got was a guy's voice saying, 'holy sh*t' a coulple of times.
So, I don't know what it looks like, but I guess it must be worth it to those who can get it.
Cheers,
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

Man, I just watched the Tom Sanders documentary that I got off that site - AWESOME!!! The Quincy footage, the George Bush bit, the base stunt, hell, I think I might just have to watch it again (for the 3rd time tonight). Those two files were huge (in the 'From TV' folder), but so worth the download wait. Any UK skydivers with crap net connections, contact me privately, it'll only cost you a self-addressed stamped envelope (as if work really needed all those blanks :)/s
[drop till you party!]

i can't view it...i only hear it....help

Okay, I have lots of codec's and such on my system to support different formats so that is likely why I am seeing it and others are having a hard time. Try the link below to download the Indeo codecs. You will want to get the following for Windows users, or follow the link on the page for anyone using a Mac and fend for yourselves (sorry I don't know Mac)
http://www.ligos.com/?pi=103
And choose the following in the selection box: Indeo Video 3.2, 4.5, 5.11....
I THINK this should work???
Craig

Man, I just watched the Tom Sanders documentary that I got off that site - AWESOME!!!

Yes, that was a cool show. I have it on video. It was actually a National Geographic show titled "Dangerous Jobs". Keep an eye on the ftp site though...there is always something new popping up. Probibally more now since the weather in the northern climates is getting better.
Craig
Craig

If anyone is still having problems viewing you can download the free player at the link below. It will often show video that Media Player will not in some instances. I got it to work for this particular video. It is a small .zip file and a quick install.
http://www.elecard.com/download/
and choose "Elecard MPEG2 Player v. 1.30 Shareware"
Good luck,
Craig

I'm getting that black screen too... it just says Cypres up in the top left corner and I hear the audio. I got the codecs you suggested, but still nothing, elecard's player doesn't help either. What are some other codecs for AVI files that I might be missing?

What are some other codecs for AVI files that I might be missing?

Okay, here is yet another one that SHOULD make it happen. I checked the "properties" of the video and under the "Details" tab it lists "I.263V2.55 under the video format. I went to the site listed below and found the "I263 Codec" about half way down the page. Seems as though this should do it when comparing it to what is listed in the "Details" section as I listed above. It's a zip file, make sure you get the correct version for your operating system.
http://www.moviesoftware.net/codecs.html
Craig
Edited by Craig on 3/28/01 01:29 PM.