freefallfreak

Introduction

Nya nya na boo boo, FFF is a newbie!!! As for you, Tracy, how shall we address - or even recognize you henceforth??? Speedy, can you whip up a potion that will render FFF an "enthusiast" as before, thus saving the rest of us from 45 odd posts of spam-like jibberish before he is "his old-self" again?
Really, FFF, I'm glad you've got your handle back... I guess Tracy isn't too impressed with us, though...

"I guess Tracy isn't too impressed with us, though..."

You're kidding right?? Can you blame her, the way fff whined & cried about not having his name (which personally I think there's more personality in the name TripleF), and how everyone gave her shit by making it a point to say "the original.." or "the one and only.." or whatever else about Jim, I can't imagine she felt too welcome. I've been hanging around these forums for a long time now, & that was probably the worst I've ever seen someone treated on here (that didn't deserve it that is). The point is, she was new the these forums, she had no idea there was a previous FFF, she chose the name & what-da-ya-know.... it was accepted, then she proceeded to get bashed by damn near everyone that responded to her... Would you have stuck around. She had every right to that name. Then again, since it was so important to you I'm sure you had it copyrighted or something, so maybe she didn't have any rights. Congratulations, you got your name back.
Now, to step off my soapbox for a moment.....
While this entire conversation just pissed me off more & more as I read it, I did take a second to think how I would feel if someone had taken my identity before I got a chance to. On these forums, that name is how I'm known, it has developed a personality that everyone is familiar with, and yes it would have sucked to have someone get it before I did.... so I did sympathize (a little). However, the situation could've been handled with a lot more tact.
I hope I haven't offended anyone (FFF), but the fact that someone's out there telling all their friends, "Man, those people on dz.com are a bunch of assholes," just doesn't seem right.... cuz I'd like to think that we're a little more inviting than that.
"Peace & Blue Skies!"
Merrick

Sorry, but I have to agree. This whole thread has become a somewhat childish bunch of responses to someone's efforts to meet and make friends with us. I'd like to think I have more identity then just my nickname. That would be rather pathetic.
Pammi

"Man, those people on dz.com are a bunch of assholes"

Have you ever been over to rec.skydiving???
Anyway, or course everyone is entitled to their opinion... personally, I found this thread rather amusing, and think that is is all good clean fun! Lady FFF gave up the previously unclaimed handle she first chose and will now choose a new one. She said she had been reading the threads for a while, so she knows were NOT a bunch of assholes (well she should know at least I'm not ;)). No harm intended, no harm done...
btw, did ya notice how Pammi chimed in with Merrick to gang up on us?!? Now THAT'S bullying!!! (just kidding, guys, just kidding!!!)
Frank (another triple F, really: Frank Flys Fast)

Actually, no, I don't go to rec.skydiving because I've heard of all the hatefulness that goes on there and I thought we'd all talked about that before here? That we weren't going to let the threads get to that here?
Absolutely.....everyone is entitled to their own opinion...but stating your opinion and harrassing someone over a name is totally different. Opinions are that...just a statement of how you feel about something, not a DEMAND to do something.
And obviously I would back Merrick up...why would I marry a man whose beliefs were different then mine? Maturity and kindness are sexy :) (Even tho I still haven't been able to convince him of why beer is just so damn good!)
Preserving the 'gang'
Pammi

Yes, I have been to rec.skydiving, & that's exactly the type of thing I don't want happening here.
I'm sure it was intended to be all good fun, but I bet if she didn't agree to give the name back that the issue would've never been dropped.... so while it was fun, I'm sure it was very much serious too. Now we have this let's find Tracy a name thread going on. You say no harm done.... tell me something, have you seen Tracy post since that original cluster f**k?? Maybe she has, but I sure haven't seen it.
"Peace & Blue Skies!"
Merrick

To Tracy.....
Tracy, I’m gonna assume that you are still here with us reading these posts. Maybe you are just sitting back, like you were before, and will come back into the “sky” with us when you are ready. That’s totally cool.
Maybe you’re just pissed at the treatment you received by some ...no right or wrong here, no blaming anyone, just your feelings…. (So anyone reading this……. Don’t freak’n flame me, I’m not taking sides)… and who would not understand that reaction.
You could also have said to yourself, that it’s not worth the effort, so “whatever”.
Your original post said that you were three jumps away from achieving 200. I know that you are still jumping, and I for one would like to know if you made that 200th jump.
So, how about it?……………………… Did you make your 200th?

have you seen Tracy post since that original cluster f**k?? Maybe she has, but I sure haven't seen it.

No, Merrick, I haven't either. Tracy - were sorrryyyyyy - come back and talk to us... tell me more about your skysurfing - how did you get started with so few jumps?

"Hi Skymama, I have two kids girl 10 and boy 12 still at home, two more grown and gone. blue skies :)"
Hi there! The sex of our kids are the exact opposite. Maybe we can hook them up when they get older! One big happy family of skydiving in-laws!:)Seriously, I was wondering, do your kids worry about you jumping? Mine like me to call home a couple times a day while I'm at the DZ. Probably because I had my little accident while they were out camping, and had to come home to me being all beat up.
Blue Skies!

the kids like to hang out at the zone in the summer when the pool is open, otherwise Mary gets very bored very fast :) I bought my older kids a tandem, daughter 21 thought she was going to die! Son 19 loved it and will be taking his first jump course when it dries up here in the NW. Both of the young ones are looking forward to turning 18 (as am I) so they can jump (and I can have an empty nest!)

Pammi,
Hey, is Cushing closing down? Hopefully just a nasty rumor. I am from Wichita also like FFF#2. However, I jump at Skydive Wichita up there. Check out our website if you're headed up and come play with us!!!!! Bring FFF#2 and we'll all jump our tails off and party it up!
Sincerely, Head