Tee

Out of Commission

Hi guys. I had a stereotype day of a typical Monday. I swear I should have stayed in bed. The final thing that happened to REALLY make my day is that I was in my car (in residential) at a complete stop, waiting to turn left and some dumba$$ hit me going 55mph and didn't even have time to hit the brakes. Needless to say there was $4200 damage to my car and various pinched nerves in my neck. The worst part about the accident isn't that I hurt and have numb arms and hands, but that now I won't be able to skydive for a few months! ACK! What am I going to do with myself?!?!?! And typing on dz.com is hard now too with my hands continuously asleep. *pout*
Oh well, something good always comes out of everything right? I am just waiting to find out what this is. :D

Oh my gosh I am so sorry that happened! I've never been in an accident but have hurt myself, lol no not intentionally..I can't imagine what that is like. I do have to say you're totally awesome to have that perspective about life, to see that something good can come out of it...that is truly awesome and I look up to ya for that!
I hope you get into the air soon!
**BLUE ONES**
BITE ME.... :P

Hey, that sounds like a great idea, I could use a new rig. Of course, If someone hit me, I'd be the one behind bars, seeing as how my license is suspended right now. Anyway, I hope you aren't out for too long, get well. Peace

I'm so sorry to hear that Tee. I hope you get well soon... I know exactly how you feel. Last year some jackass ran a red light, t-boned me, and took me out of skydiving for a couple months, right in the middle of summer! Made me miss Lost Praire, which pissed me off something terrible. I wish people would drive with even half as much caution as we use when we jump. There would be a lot less accidents!
-WC

Major bummage. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
At least now you can tell all the whuffos "See? This is what I'm talking about when I say driving is more dangerous than skydiving!" And there's nothing they can say about it. ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

tee,
So sorry to hear that you got hurt! Ya know what? youre car may be damaged, and you might not be able to skydive for a while but THANK GOD that you will be okay! About those pinched nerves.... id like to hear the rest of what your doc says. just curious. [email protected] if ya dont mind typing thru the pain to let me know... The skydiving will be here waiting for your return!
Heal quickly, but more importantly, heal correctly!
froggie

Hi Tee........ geez, that totally sucks. If it helps, I know what it is like to one day be living life and then BANG!…….. welcome to a new perspective. It can humble you and make you stop and take notice…….. to appreciate all that you truly are. Adjusting to that type of radical change in your life takes a bit of time, but having hope and thoughts about what you will do when you are better can make it easier.
If ya ever need to talk……….
fruce
http://www.fruce.com

Hey Tee,
Sorry to hear that... What can I say...
SUE-SUE-SUE-SUE-SUE-SUE-SUE...... Don't think "new rig"... Think "New Lear 45", then let yourself get beat down a bit, maybe down to around "new Beech 350"... Plus Hummer to replace your car (just in case he does it again:o).
Hope the recovery is quick & complete (but - as your attorney will surely say:)Mike D10270.

Damn Tee. Sorry to hear about that. That really sucks. I know how you feel. I was out for a month in the fall because I did something stupid and jumped when the winds were too high. I hope you have a speedy recovery, but just make sure you're completely healed before you even THINK about jumping again. The sky will be there when you're ready for it.
Blue Skies,
Grogs

That sucks Tee. I'll bet the guy wasn't even speeding to the DZ. Hope that you feel better soon but you might need that new rig and main to help make the openings softer adn easier on your back. Just stay with us we will make the time barable. Take lots and lots of drugs.
Blue Skys and Safe Landings
Albatross

I wish people would drive with even half as
much caution as we use when we jump. There would be a lot less
accidents!

I couldnt agree more!! I hope you are back in the air soon, I would agree with some others here, that idiot who rammed you should have to pay and pay dearly for each jump you will miss. I think it would serve as a good lesson to the stupid ass that cars are not toys and risking his own life as well as innocent bystandards by speeding in a residential area is unacceptable!! It makes you wonder why insurance companys have issues with insuring skydivers, while aholes like the one who hit you are covered. Be careful out there!

Hi Frank, Zennie,
"Sue...Sue...Sue...Sue...Sue..."
When in Rome....:S
After all, just 'cos you (Frank) live in a country with a semi-sensible legal system that seeks reasonable compensation rather than setting it at $50 less than what it'll cost the other guys insurance company to defend the action all the way to the Supreme Court (where Tee's 4-3 win will be assured as her Republican Party Membership card & contribution receipt falls to the floor in front of the Judges), that doesn't mean that Tee should be in any way sensible with her claim!
Anyway, neither of you have fully considered the MASSIVE psychological harm suffered by Tee's inability to skydive... Or the harm her future career as a world-class competition skydiver! Not to mention her pushing forward the frontiers of the sport in the future if her (frankly amazing) career hadn't been cruelly interrupted by the wholly reckless actions of the defendant (unquote & step down from soapbox):D.
Get with the program guys:P.
Mike D10270

Anyway, neither of you have fully considered the MASSIVE psychological harm suffered by Tee's inability to skydive...

AND, not to mention what it is doing to me knowing that I have 10 free skydives sitting on my account from a couple of weekends ago when I dressed as a hula girl for the Outdoor Sportsman Show. (how can a girl turn down 10 jumps, even if she has to be half naked in front of 1000's of ppl) :D
Tee