froggie

HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

oh what a day! Woke up and there were clouds everywhere! but by my last class heir were 3 clouds in the sky...So excited.. so i jump in the car to head out to the dz. I get there and meet up w/ stacy. But weirdly enough, I missed Dove! where were you girl? me and stac asked for ya at manifest and they said that you had left.
okay, so i find myself a instructor and let em know that im ready to jump. But then I got called up to manifest. Long story short, my account got messed up cause of a tiny error and i was being told that THIS jump was not yet paid for! what? not paid for!?! Im not working, havent worked in 5 weeks! I dont have the money for a student jump that i already paid for! Really really long story short, I got my reciepts, they printed up my account including all my payments. deductions etc. etc. I ran around like crazy getting money ready anyway. but i was only 40 dollars short (forgot about some *minor* expenses!) and i had the cash... This took from 1:30 until about 3:45 to straighten out!
So im ready to jump.... ive been at the dz for hours, and have had a really stressful day. But im not going to let that stop me from having an awesome jump. Get on the plane, and am totally set. I checked and made sure the helmet was tight enough before hand, didnt fog up the goggles :) and made sure there was no signs of a runny nose in me! lol. Okay, ride to alti was hilarious. As usual I left drool marks on the windows cause i was staring out em loving the view/ride.
Okay, were last ones out, me and my instructor. This one jumper goes in front of me, on radio but w/out an instructor (she just wanted the backup). Its my turn to get into position. IF you guys remember, i was so not ready to jump last time. but I walked up to that door, and got into position. I screamed a few "whooo hees! yeeepiiii! Im gonna kick this jumps ass!" stupid shit like that. Smiling like crazy! Post! Out! in! Arch!arch!arch! (yes i still say that :)walked away from that jump proud as hell. I got panicky the last seconds of the freefall, but still opened on my own. still alti aware. Got a bit nervous when i realized i was crabbing, but then i took control and fixed that situation. a bit of an emergency and i lost the majority of my radio contact. Realized this and took control. attempted the best damn landing i could, and did an okay job of it. :) all in all, i walked in there ready to friggin scream in joy! I lOVE SKYDIVING!!!! HEHEEHHEEHE
froggie
Edited by froggie on 4/9/01 08:45 PM.

Congratulations froggie!!! It sounds great, especially compared to your last jump. That is just what we would expect out of you, take control. I was doing my level 7 and lost my goggles in freefall. I was like you cool and controlled. You did good we are proud that you are one of us.
Blue Skys and Safe Landings
Albatross

great story Froggie...I will be starting AFF in June and am getting a bunch of great stories like this. Damned if I don't even get on the plane, clutching these stories, and telling the JM that this (the stories) are the reason my religion doens't let me get on a plane with a rig.
Anyway, great story and I can't wait to read more!
mtnmanb

Great story, Froggie! I can't wait for the full-length movie to come out!!! I had a good jump on Sunday, too. Got my style set timed in 15.1 secs... so now I'm gonna start my coached jumps next! No sit-flyin' for a while now!
Frank

Super jump, Froggie!!! I love hearing stories like that. And you know, you didn't say it exactly, but I think your story gets right to the heart of what is so cool about this sport for me - the sense of accomplishment you get from taking care of business and saving your own life three or four times a weekend. You got in the plane, you jumped into the situation, and you did real good. And even when you were on your own, with a lot of sh** going on, you took care of yourself, and reacted appropriately. What a feeling!
I know I love it!
-Patkat
P.S. X-Keys is on my list for this summer, so keep up the good work and get that A license so we can jump when I get down there! B|

Congrats Kelly. Sounds like you had a good day. And way to deal with the wind and the trees. Other than my friends burning in, the only skydiving related 'nightmares' I have involve me backing up under canopy toward the treeline. :P So you did good.

Good job Froggie!! You got me excited all over again reading your story! It's so awesome when you start feeling that fun that everyone talks about and it stops being so much work and worry, but more fun and excitement! You kicked ass girl...I'm proud of you! These guys (like Merrick) who are naturals I just watch in awe...I don't know how they do it so easily, but I *admire* those, like me and you, who have to work for every bit of skill they get because it takes determination, patience and courage to keep trying!
Woohoo!!!
Pammi

That was an awesome story, Kel! Good thing you didn’t have to stay grounded cause of the little money mix-up, if that happened to me, I would have been pissed! I love how you said “I’m gonna kick this jumps ass!”, I’m gonna try that, maybe swat the damn door butterflies down a little. And when you saw your JM out in front of you, ain’t that the coolest?! I’m sooooooo jump horny now! Sound like you did an awesome job with the maneuvers, and a good job staying out of the trees too! I’m glad that other girl was alright. BTW, feet then belly? It’s been awhile, but I remember being trained PLFs a little different :P :P!! Sorry, just givin ya shit, my version was feet, elbow, side of face. My pride hurt worse than my face, though! Thanks for the story, see ya!
Josh

hehehe. yeah, i know all about those 'old school' PLF landings but i tend to reinvent it when i land :) lol. i tried to but it didnt work for me. Before i knew it i was on my stomache laughing and okay. I want to get the damn PLF landing down for real, might keep my feet from hurting, my knees from aching, and my elbows from bruising. lol. and somehow i got this bruise on my thigh. just dont know how. lol. opening wasnt that bad, but then again, i dont have many to compare them to.
ah well, their battle bruises and im proud of em. Its not really painful when you think about what an awesome time you had getting injured. lol. Ill get it down, and the bruises will be no more!
froggie

oh yeah.. cant forget! Tee, this one was for YOU! hope you enjoyed my little jump story :)

Thanks Froggie!! That was such a great story. It totally took me back to when I was doing AFF and that first time when you are actually solo!!! What a rush. That was when skydiving turned to SKYDIVING!!!! Way to go girl! :)tee