PLFXpert

As good as it gets.....

Hey guys,
Well, for all of you, like me, who didn't get to jump this past weekend, I just wanted to share. Even though it was the PERFECT weekend here in Florida to jump (low winds, blue skies the whole time) I don't get my first paycheck until this Friday (so I will be jumping my ass of this weekend, YIPPEE!) but I did want to say, that despite how bad it sux not being able to jump, I had a great weekend! Went jet-sking all day Friday and fishing; went wakeboarding all day on Saturday, and my favorite; went ocean kayaking all day on Sunday and then to Blues Fest. Of course, once at Blues Fest, all I could think about was how cool it would have been to be able to *jump* into it....ha ha ha. And of course, while we were in the kayak, we kept seeing those damn advertising planes fly overhead and kept trying to figure out if they were high enough to jump out of. We decided yes, if we had a BASE rig. Also, while we were wakeboarding, there is a military base not far from the lake we were on and so these huge, Casa-like planes kept flying overhead too. Not to mention all the houses on the lake with huge backyards that my boyfriend decided he could swoop into and I could also land in. Oh, and quite a bit of flags were flying off the docks and we found ourselves planning our landing from those military planes flying. DAMNIT! So much for trying to keep my mind off it but I still had a lot of fun. So, I just wanted to say, that when you aren't able to jump, for whatever reason (and I know there's more of you out there after reading some of the posts) that you can still have a pretty good time, as good as it can get w/out being able to skydive:)Much love and blue skies,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

carrie,
those casa looking planes where probly c-130 hercs. they kick ass. i think you can fit like 70 jumpers in them, maybe more. where were ya at? there are a few a.f. bases in floria. eglin and tyndal. i think both are up near the pan handle though.............glad to hear ya had a good weekend without skydiving.... i didn't juimp this weekend either but had a good time putting a jigsaw puzzle togeter with my friend carrie here. it was interestingly fun. didn't know how much fun it could be untill now. befor i had always helped my dad put em together and it ws boring, but when you have a cool person to talk to (not saying my dad isn't cool) it is lots of fun.
<>

I jumped twice on Saturday, but naturally the nice day was Sunday when I had to do stuff around the house. Put fire ant stuff down on the yard, cleaned the fish pond, washed the car.
'Course I would have preferred to be at the DZ, but hey, it's all good! ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Carrie, I am impressed! Lucky you being able to do all those things in one weekend! Sounds like a vacation to me! Of course, over here there isn't much water...
My weekend was good also, even though I spent more money (BY FAR) than I would have if I had gone jumping! Saturday I spent the afternoon and evening with my best friend, who I haven't hung out with in a long time...and Sunday was yardwork day. Mowing, weedeating, more mowing, watering...etc etc. Hard work, but I got some sun, anyway!
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

It really was a great weekend! Spring is definately here...was so beautifully warm all weekend. I love getting to break out the shorts again and feeling the sun warm and bright on my skin. I only got one jump this weekend myself because of nasty winds, but it was a very relaxing weekend around the DZ, a little slow which was nice cuz it was mostly us regulars. A couple of guys even did a Mr. Bill. It was awesome! I wish I coulda been in the air to see it! I also did perfectly on my one jump...finally! It went beautifully and everything just seems to be falling into place now! It was a blast and I was pumped up all day! Either one of my 'tata's' grew and made me stop spinning 'cuz of em being uneven or maybe the tongue ring distracted me enough to not care.. lol!
I wish I could go down and do that last jump I need, then start my solo's next weekend...but have 'relative work'. ARGH! Horrible timing...but oh well!
Friends, sun and skydives!
Pammi

Sounds like you do more in a weekend than I do all summer lol. I at least got one jump in at Eloy this weekend, damn wind sucks!! I did happen to go to a new dz on Saturday night though, Buckeye, and watch night jumps!! That is something I have just got to try, soon. Met some great folks at Buckeye, I will be back there soon, although, that 182 is kind of scary, I guess I am just spoiled with all of the Otters, Skyvans, and King Airs I am used to jumping out of. The 182 kind of reminds me of an old VW bus with wings and a little step, it must be a blast to hang off the strut.
Come on Friday already!!!
Blue ones!!

Hey Carrie-
Your weekend sounded awesome! I was all set to go out to Deland on Sunday, and Saturday morning I woke up with a scratchy throat and stuffy nose. Damn allergies! After reading about Froggie's nasty jump when she was sick ,and others chiming in that it is better not to go, I decided to stay home. And, it was such a beautiful day here on Sunday! It would have made me feel better if it was cloudy and rainy. It's a good thing I didn't go, because I have progressively been getting worse.:(
I won't be in Deland this weekend because I'll be doing the Easter thing with the kids and extended family, but I hope to meet you on the next day I'm looking at going-the 22nd.
Blue Skies!
Andrea

Kind of weird ain’t it? I’t been almost two years since my last jump, and still every flag I look at is nothing more than a windsock. Could I jump now? Anyway, sounds like you had an awesome weekend. My only experience with watersports of any kind was on a tube behind my uncle’s boat (I should add, my CRAZY ASS uncle’s boat). Don’t try this at home, but if you do, tie those swim trunks real good, they come off real easy otherwise.
Josh

Thanks guys!
Wingnut, we were in Jacksonville and the military base is in (or near) Orange Park which is close to the Panhandle. My boyfriend's brother, who we were with, is in the Airforce and had flown in from Texas on his jet w/ a student. He mentioned what kind of planes they were but I forgot. I do remember him saying it could hold over 100 jumpers though:)Skymama, I'm not sure if I'll be there the 22nd, but probably the 21rst. I hope to meet you soon anyways.
VivaHeadDown, I had a few friends at the POPS meet there. We *almost* decided to head over, even though we didn't have the $$$ just to see everyone. How was it?
FreakSis, ha ha ha. Yea, I stay busy:)The rest of you sound like you had nice weekends too. I'm stoked:)Much love and blue skies,

Hey Carrie-
Are you an ex-swimmer? If so, who did you swim for? And, what team do you coach now? I swam all through my school years for SYS in Sarasota, and in college too-11 years total. You have a great job!
I can't make it to the DZ on the 21st, I have to do mom stuff. My son has a soccer game and my daughter will be getting her orange belt for Tae Kwon Do on that day. Keep me posted on other times that you go.
Andrea

. My son has a soccer game and my daughter will be getting her orange belt for Tae Kwon Do on that day.

I know what ya mean, skymama... we've just finished soccer season, and baseball practice's start this week. And that's on top of piano, Sparks and Brownies... two kids on the go means parents on the go, too! Thank goodness I can jump after work sometimes - weekends are just so darn busy!
Carrie, sounds like you had a good weekend, too! Busy lady! I jumped from a C-205 this weekend. Bigger plane that the C-182, but more crowded!!! I'm getting close to my B-licence now... just a few coached jumps to go... yeehawww :)

Frank-
When you're at those soccer and baseball games, do you find yourself looking up to the sky and thinking, "man, this would be a great day to jump"? I mean, I love watching my kids in their activities, but somedays it really bites!
By the way, what are Sparks? Are they like Boy Scouts? We also have the piano thing going on here, and flute, and the YMCA Indian Guides. Our kids have a lot in common!

I hear ya Skymama. I have two kids, a 9 year-old girl and 5 year-old boy, and it seems like as summer comes on they keep having things come up for the weekend, and holidays are really hard! Like last weekend we drove down Friday night to the DZ (an hour or so) so we could jump Saturday, then drove back home in the afternoon so my son could test for his orange belt for Thai Kwan Do, then back to the DZ to try another jump before the sun was down. LOL! It gets crazy sometimes! I'm still trying to figure out how to go to the 4th of July boogie and do fireworks with the kids too. :) We always get it worked out tho! It takes some work when you have kids, but we definately have a full, busy life!
Pammi

Skymama,
It sounds like you're an awesome mom. I love kids. I work with them and used to tutor them and I still volunteer at the homeless kids shelter in dowtown Orlando. I just don't want any of my own:)Yes, I've been swimming all my life. I didn't swim for my high school, I swam for a state club team b/c I played Varsity Volleyball all through high school and it's season conflicted with swimming and since volleyball was more of a challenge for me, I went with that. I started lifeguarding at 16 and lifeguarded for 4 years until I was 19 I started coaching/instructing. I LOVE coaching. What I do is I teach any child from age 1 and up if they don't know how to swim, I teach them to swim. For those that know how to swim and want training and technique for swim teams, then I coach them for swim teams. I also teach adults who want to learn to swim. The tan sux though:)I hope to meet you soon! Take care and have fun this weekend!
Much love and blue skies,

PLFXpert- I'll be at Deland on the 21st (and turning 22 that night!). My friend that I jump with has been requested to manifest that weekend, so I'm going to be getting in on the FF load organizing with jimmy and tom and guys. They're going to let him hold a tube on one of the sunset loads, so we have to get in on that fun!

VivaHD,
That sounds awesome! Damn, I wish I could be there. My boyfriend just informed me (girls, don't you love how they wait until the last minute to tell you these things) that his best friends wedding is that day so I am expected to go w/ him.....IN A DRESS! YUCK! I don't have one and it's too short notice to get one so I'll be going as is:)Much love and blue skies,

By the way, what are Sparks

"Sparks" are Girl Guides for 5 and 6 year olds! And yes, I look up all the time from the soccer/baseball fields, particularly when I hear our jump plane up there! Sometimes my kids will hear then see the plane too, then tell their teammates "My Dad is gonna jump outta that plane after lunch..."
It's good for the kids to be involved in lots of things - just a few hours ago my 8 year old was marvelling at how she was the best swimmer at the swimming pool birthday party she was at on the weekend - I pointed out to her that it was because Mom and Dad have had het taking her taking swimming lessons off and on since she was just months old...(Carrie, do you have some free time to spend in the pool with my 2 daughters?) she said she's glad to be "signed up" for lots of things. And when she is 18, I'm sure she'll "signed up" for the First Jump Course...:)Frank

hey care,
i didnt even get a chance to read ANY of this but i am still gonna be in fla (palatka probably) from 18 may til...whatever the following sunday is! 10 days . i'll letcha know when it gets closer. but right now i am in that 6 week training class that is totally taking up all my time so i gotta go. blue one to everyone
JT