Austin

Bigways

Hey everyone.
I just read that article on the homepage about the World record attempt for deaf skydivers and showed my girlfriend because she's studying to teach deaf children when she graduates, and she likes to hear about deaf events like that and stuff, but anyway, she asked what the world record for hearing skydivers is for bigways, but I didn't know. I figured somebody on here has to know, so I figured I'd ask and find out..
Austin

The World record is currently 282 and I believe it was done in Thailand in 1999. Skydive Chicago attempted a 300 way last year but was unsuccesful

Yup, my sweetie was in the world record attempt in Chicago last summer, but it wasn't an attempt for deaf skydivers though. I know in 1999 there was a world record of 7 deaf skydivers that was set at an international competition in Australia. :)http://www.seacoastonline.com/1999news/10_31e.htm
Tee

The World record is currently 282 and I believe it was done in Thailand in 1999.

Yup, December of '99 to be exact. And from what I've heard about Thailand it's flat amazing that they managed to even jump, much less set a record.
But the most important world record, the WOMEN'S world record, is 118 and was set in Perris in September of '99 ;)
pull and flare,
lisa

I didnt know 118 was more than 282?!?!?!

Of course it is when all 118 are women! ;)
C'mon, tell me you wouldn't have LOVED to be on the Perris DZ that weekend... over 120 skydiving women all in the same place at the same time?
pull and flare,
lisa

Hi!
There was three attempts to do 300-way. The most successful was in Thailland. Now it is the Guiness Record and the World record
Btw: The longest freefall
The oldest skydiver
Wanna know more? :)Ask me about
Film stunts - highest jump without a parachute
Highest altitude for a balloon skywalk
Highest fall survived without parachute
Largest mass parachute jump
Longest delayed drop - man
Most parachute descents - female
Most parachute descents - male
Most parachute jumps in 24 hours
and