Michele

I think I'm in trouble, and I don't care!

I think I'm in trouble.
I went with my father to my brother's house for Father's day, and on the drive up, Dad commented on how I was uncommonly quiet. That startled me; I realized that I had been watching the empty spaces as we drove the freeway, wondering if I would be able to land in them. Went past a small airport, and wondered if I could jump out of one of the planes. Watched a bird, and thought, "turn into the wind before you land!" In my purse both my videos were waiting patiently for after dinner, when I could make my family watch them with me. Next to the videos were lodged the stills; my hand occasionally reaching out and touching the edge of their package. When we were in the pool, I was practicing my arch. I was thinking about what the difference could be between a "poised" exit, and a "dive". I had my nephew out on the side of the pool, and we would "ready, set, go" into the water - he thinking about swimming, me thinking about flying.
I realize that this condition is out of control. I am in the middle of remodelling a family member's house. When I get on-site, I make the crew stop what they're doing, and look at my pix. I talk to the check-out girl at the market about weather conditions. I made the appliance men look at my photos. I had a dream about a kid playing with her toys, and she was making them jump, then yelling flare! flare! I repeatedly watch my AFF Level 1 and 2 videos, and now know the song which plays during their intro. And I walk around, humming it. In the corner of my mind, I think red, red, silver, red, silver, silver. Line twists, bi-plane, down plane, horseshoe.....bicycle kick, steering with the risers, landing with two out, cut away. PLF, long walk back. I walk around, fiddling with the area where the BOC is, and do practice throws.
Oooooh, I got it bad!
Thanks for listening. Hope you all had great weekends, whether landbound or airborn (and for all you fathers, Happy Father's Day!).
bleau cieux
Michele

and now know the song which plays during their intro. And I walk around, humming it

pleas say it isn't "freefalling" by tom petty!!!! please say it isn't so!!!!...going off on a tangent here, ya ever think about "kryptonite" by three doors down? i mean the grass is green like kryptonite(and also our enemy) and when ya pull your left hand is out in front and your right is down by your side, sorta like supperman flies........ maybe an idea for your next video.......
glad to hear your addicted good now, now ya know it's just like a drug, the more ya get the harder it is to get away from it, you'll be feinding for a jump monday morning or that cloudy saturday, just wait, you'll see, you'll be a hard core junky like the rest of us in no time, and instead of siting in the car you'll be sticking your head out the sunroof with your goggles on (watch out for the kamikazi birds in oklohoma though) insead of touching the pictures, and god forbid if you ever really need a fix and venture to the dz.com pub durring happy hour then you know you've hit the point of no return. your family can't save you, nither can your wuffo friends, you'll be lost, lost to the sky.........on the seventh day god rested and it was good,....on the eight day he created skydiving, and he owed beer!.......blues!!!!!!

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

I walk around, fiddling with the area where the BOC is

Damn i do that all the time too!, i put on my back pack and just touch the corner looking for the god damn handle, i think i would saw a cool hackey on it, that would look pretty cool.
Free Skies,
Omri :S

i think i can understand your predicament i havn't even done my 1st jump yet(under 1 month to go)and all i seem to think about is jumping out of planes, it gives me butterflys right now just imagining spinning and fliping FLYING whooooo!
sim

Wingnut-
My first tandem has the classic "freefall'n" but I picked the next music on the next vid - Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Johnnie kick a hole in the SKY!!!!!!"
Michele-
I am so right there with you. It is 10am Monday and have cornered 4 people already and told them how cool tracking is! By the way I don't think you can be cured, I think it only gets worse. I used to only read the forum on I starting to post to the forum. I am screw but happy!!!
BLUE SKIES!

here, ya ever think about "kryptonite" by three doors down? i mean the grass is green like kryptonite(and also our enemy) and when ya pull your left hand is out in front and your right is down by your side, sorta like supperman flies........ maybe an idea for your next video.......

Thats crazy man, my home DZ used this song for almost every tandem video last summer. Every time I hear it I think ARCH! I must say, good song especially the drum roll in it but heard the song too much.
blue skies, cold beer
chris
" I had a drink the other day, opinions were like kittens I was giving them away " -modest mouse

Wingnut: It isn't Freefalling (Tom Petty), it's something I don't think I've ever heard. I'll write out the words for you (another excuse to watch the video again, and again, and again....).
Viking: I'm not sure I *want* to pull through it, but thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm having too much fun in the "blush of newness"....
And Dutchboy, no, I didn't spring it on them....they were there for my first jump. My family still here in LA are very close, so I couldn't go do this without making them wait for me on the ground, and torture them when I got lost, and almost didn't make it back to the airport (Dad was trying to find out if there was a missing jumper - then got mad when I showed up, directly overhead, crossing the runway....but that's a different story....)
Brother is all for it. He thinks it's pretty neat. Julie, his wife, just looks at me, and shakes her head. She tells me that if I ever try to convert my nephew and neice (2 years and 7 months, respectively), she'll kill me. I figure in 16 years, she'll have gotten used to it, so when I take the kids diving she'll get over it.
Dad, tho, is a totally different story. He left a message on my machine the other day, wondering (his words): "when will you use all 4 braincells God gave you at once", and watched the video through splayed fingers across his eyes, mumbling "I raised her better, I really did".
Naw, Dad's too old to spring it on (78), although I did spring the news about my first jump. Decided out of the blue, and chose AFF, not static or tandem. I'm not sure he'll ever get over it.
:)Bleau cieux
Michele

I walk around, fiddling with the area where the BOC is

LOL! I thought I was the only one that did that. :)Gus
"If a man hasn't found something to die for, he isn't fit to live"
Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Oooooh, I got it bad!

ya, 'bout the same as the rest of us when we were first getting into it! It'll get easier as your number of jumps accumulates -- but you will NEVER be like you were before. Every time you hear a plane overhead, everytime you feel the breeze in your face, everytime you see an open field... get the picture?!? It's not so bad -- just tough to get the wuffos to understand (actually, they never REALLY understand, do they...)