Bluehair

Coming back after 3 years not jumping!

Here's the deal. Started jumping 4 years ago, fell in love with the sport but hated static line. So off i went to the states to do AFF. Had a ball. Spent the following year or so getting jumps out of our clubs cessnas and sneaking a few weekends in Eloy, Z-Hills and others when i could get the time off (i used to work for an airline..)
Unfortunately after only 70 odd jumps and having just completed my Skydive-U course i was faced with the choice of giving it up or sacrificing it to get myself started up in my own home etc..
Reality sank in and the sadest day was when i stood there handing over my rig (my *first*, only, special rig!) for some much needed dosh.
Cue three years later...
Yaaaaaaeh things are much better now. My home is secure and i have set-up my own business. Things are slow but i ain't half as broke anymore.
Wierd thing is i seem to be finding excuses for myself *not* to go down to the DZ?? No doubt i am nervous after a long break but i am freaking well *dreaming* about freefall lately...
First post folks, guess i'm just hoping for a little encouragement/motivation to push me down the road and out the door this saturday......
Blue Skies all!

Wierd thing is i seem to be finding excuses for myself *not* to go down to the DZ

Well, for one I would suggest that you stop doing that ;).

i am freaking well *dreaming* about freefall lately...

Follow your dreams! Go make a jump and come back here and tell us all about it! :D
GeekStreak

*Disclaimer - the feminine pronoun is used below because I'm assuming Bluehair is a guy. If not, please change all she's to he's. Thank you*
The sky is waiting for you. She's been there waiting for three long years. She loves you. She wants you to come back home and visit her. She wants you to come and dance on the wind while she sits back and enjoys seeing you happy and whole again.
Come back home, Bluehair. Come home soon.
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I don't think much, therefore I might not be

I know, geesh...someone's had too much Browning and Keating for us on the forum!
good one though.
Welcome back Bluehair...don't think about it...just do it. (that is what my dad is always telling me though, so it isn't any wonder I loved it when I jumped!)
You'll remember why you did it the first time when you do it again!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

Welcome back. May the blue skies welcome you home. It's great you're able to come back to this wonderful sport/life. There is nothing like it in this world. Or, at least, nothing like it on the ground. True bliss is found at 13,5.
Wesley
--
I want to fly!

Well, first of all welcome home. You must know that there are a few things in this world that are perfect and it is our right and duty to try to enjoy them all. First is the perfect beauty of the mist on an Irish hill side at dawn. Next is the dark color and taste of the perfect pint of Guiness on the bar. Last but not least is the feeling of the cool air as you fly free through the perfect blue sky. Be free enjoy the sky the earth and the beer.
Ready, Set, GOOOOOOO
Albatross

Welcome Back.
Read some of the posts here and you will se that we all have fears, but we face them to do something we truely love. Examine what is causing the fear, face it head on, and overcome it.
Let us know how it goes. I promise when you leave that plane and feel the wind run it's fingers through your hair again you will wonder what took you so long to get back to what you love.

The sky is waiting for you. She's been there waiting for three long years. She loves you. She wants you to come back home and visit her. She wants you to come and dance on the wind while she sits back and enjoys seeing you happy and whole again.
WOW skybytch talk about inspirational, nearly dumped my girlfriend when i read that!! (you were right about the guy thing).
Thanks *everyone* for the thoughts.. much appreciated. I'd heading down on Saturday and will be back Sunday night.
Will let ya'll know how it goes! :-)

Since I started jumping 7 years ago, there've been a few times that my jumping slowed WAAAAAAAY down (after having a kid, preparing for medical school....blah, blah, blah) and every time, I come up with all kinds of reasons not to go jump. BUT....when I finally get my knees back into the breeze, I realize how uptight I was feeling before.....like needing to get into a serious new groove. Then I sink back into my skydiving ways and feel soooo much better...
==B-D
Lindsey
http://home.earthlink.net/~linzwalley
"I live with fear and terror, but sometimes I leave him and go skydiving!"